• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Assasin's Creed Titles Revealed

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Make that 6 new AC games

* Assassin's Creed Mirage
* Assassin's Creed Infinity
* Assassin's Creed Codename Red
* Assassin's Creed Codename Hexe
* Assassin's Creed Codename Jade (mobile)
* Assassin's Creed Netflix freebie game (different mobile game, right?)

(Also, AC VR may or may not still be in development? They didn't talk about it)
They said infinity is not a game, rather a hub/platform. whatever that means

2ezLFgt.jpg

Last edited:

CamHostage

They've talked about that and then they did show Red and Hexe tied into that "new platform" Infinity (coming after the games come out, weirdly)... I was assuming they meant a "gameplay hub/platform", but I guess not? Or not-not? Hard to tell if Infinity will be interactive at all or will just be a web/PC launcher and some video/text or something telling Animus tales. Not a "game", though.

https://www.ign.com/articles/assassins-creeds-modern-day-story-will-now-be-told-through-infinity

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I mean, we had ghost of Tsushima that scratched the feudal Japan itch for me. Assassins creed is in the same place as CoD for me now. I just couldn’t care less about it, same as far cry. Even though I played far cry 6, I haven’t played Valhalla yet.

I’ve probably just played so many of them and burnt out. I have been playing them since inception to odyssey so I’m pretty full up.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

The splash screens are lit I guess. 🤷‍♂️ :messenger_grinning:

Any news on what platforms these are going to be on (cross-gen, current-gen only)?

MrKainobi

Neo Member
Make that 6 new AC games

* Infinity is a platform tying AC games together. Probably similar to what CoD and Warzone are doing.
* Hexen might be the VR game.
* Netflix collab is a live action show.

I‘m personally looking forward to Mirage. Not a fan of the RPG style entries. And smart to make the mobile game set in China, they know their markets.

The splash screens are lit I guess. 🤷‍♂️ :messenger_grinning:

Any news on what platforms these are going to be on (cross-gen, current-gen only)?

I believe Japan and Witch Hunt are next gen only since these are the first 2 flagship titles of the new AC Infinity Platform and both 2024/2025 games. Not sure about Mirage, possibly could still be cross-gen but I have no receipts.

Last edited:

CamHostage

* Infinity is a platform tying AC games together. Probably similar to what CoD and Warzone are doing.
* Hexen might be the VR game.
* Netflix collab is a live action show.

Netflix collab is actually both a show and a game.

"For players on the go, Assassin's Creed Codename Jade will be a AAA RPG action-adventure mobile game set in ancient China. Finally, Ubisoft is partnering with Netflix to create a live-action adaptation of Assassin's Creed, and is developing a mobile game exclusively for Netflix members."

And Infinity will be a hub, but we don't know what kind of hub it'll be. It will contain story aspects, as this is where Animus experiences will be instead of inside the games. Sounds like it will not be playable though, or shall we say not as a "game" per se.

“But the abstraction that we want people to have is [Infinity] is your Animus. It is your DNA Explorer on your desktop. You are the main story character.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/assassins-creeds-modern-day-story-will-now-be-told-through-infinity

Last edited:

Tommi84

I wonder where all those people that were ssying earlier yhat Ubisoft will not make a japanese AC not to compete with GoT :D

Lunarorbit

So the age of restraint with assassins creed lasted 5 years? After origin and odyssey I have no desire to go back unless the bloat is managed and stories are curated.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I guess Assassin's Creed is way popular than I thought.

My drunken take.

AC will turn into a live service. All AC games will be playable within the new infinity service for a monthly fee. The twist is that infinity is also a massive, openworld, MMO hub world where tens of thousands of players all at once can run around, kill, dance, trade and chat with eachother. Within this hub, players can jump into portals that take them into any AC game ever made.

AC Infinity will later be compatible with mobile devices and the Metaverse via VR.

That seems the most likely possiblity.

Spaceman292

Banned
Assassin's Creed: Codename Red is the next big flagship AC title, taking place in feudal Japan Developed by Ubisoft Quebec (Odyssey) You'll play as Shinobi

Whoever said Ubisoft wouldn't have the balls to do it need to eat crow.
I've been saying that. It's still about 5 years too late after Tsushima, Nioh, Sekiro etc

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I won’t play the mobile stuff, but I am up for mirage.

it isn’t clear what infinite is yet either. But I don’t want an online mmo ac game. But I don’t blame ubi for chasing those dollars.

ShaikhCroft

Make that 6 new AC games

I really expected AC 1 remake to be shown as well!

EDMIX

4 new AC games, 0 Watch_Dogs games.

So Im guessing WD is officially dead?

or likely not ready to be shown.

Thats like asking if Far Cry is dead cause you didn't see one lol

They've never revealed a whole generation worth of games before....like ever. So who knows at this point.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I wonder how a game like this without an interesting story, beloved protagonist(excluding Ezio) or addictive gameplay turned into a series that sells millions every year. Let's see how far can this cow go.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I wonder how a game like this without an interesting story, beloved protagonist(excluding Ezio) or addictive gameplay turned into a series that sells millions every year. Let's see how far can this cow go.
Bayek and Cassandra were great protagonists (didn't play Valhalla). Gameplay is addictive for many players. Production value is great.
It's like saying why COD or Pokemon sells millions despite mediocre story at best, insipid protagonist and over used gameplay. Well the formula work very well.

Hydroxy

Mirage looks like something i will like despite the fact I didn't like AC1. Will wait for reviews though.

brian0057

Banned
Codename: Way too many fucking games.
It's a shotgun blast with the hope that something hits. Watch as each new title is more underdeveloped than the last as they launch.

Last edited:

Darak

My guess is that Infinity is Ubisoft's metaverse, and games based on Infinity will live inside that metaverse as locations. I'd say it has probably not been announced as a metaverse due to all the recent backslash surrounding the concept. They probably envision it as some kind of NFT-based greed utopia were they can sell digital costumes for $10.000 instead of $10 because hey, now it's yours so you can sell it to others and get your money back, if you're lucky.

I hope I'm wrong. They've been backpedaling on their NFT efforts, so who knows. But the name reminds me too much of Axie Infinity, and the're partners of Sky Mavis, so who knows.

Star-Lord

Holy fucking shit, six new titles in development at the same time. There was a time where Ubisoft developed unique, high-quality games. What happened to those days, man? They're just a copy-paste company now. They won't be getting any more of my money, that's for sure.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They did China and Russia in Chronicles years ago and it was depressing. That’s why I’m not getting my hopes up. They do this and then all of a sudden it’s cel shaded or some other nonsense. I’d definitely be interested in playing Hexe.

Last edited:
After Legion, do you want a new WD? Be honest.
Legion tried to innovate something new in the open world space at least. The promised features were severely cut back so it didn't work how it was suppose to but they tried. It deserves another shot, the way Mafia is getting another shot.

Top Bottom