• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSN: Gamers are Fighting Back Against "Hogwarts Legacy" with a Trans-Friendly Fantasy Game Pack-"Trans Witches are Witches"

The clowns don't understand the simple fact that Hogwarts Legacy is selling because it's a good game and gamers tend to buy good games.

It's really not as deep as they think it is. Laughing at them is just the cherry on top, it's not the cake.
I am so sick of people in the online gaming space thinking everyone else's world revolves around trans people. As a gay man I find this to be so tiresome lol, JK Rowling isn't a transphobe she has a particular point of view based on her own experiences as a born woman, she is entitled to feel that way regardless of what the twitter mob wants her to think. I myself get sick of gay people and trans people being lumped together, not because I think I'm better but because we are different, I am totally happy with what I was born with I have no gender identity issues.

People love the Harry Potter/Wizarding World IP because many of them grew up on it, the vast majority aren't buying this game in protest or to try to hurt others but because this IP brings them joy in a time when we all need a lot more of it. People need to stop trying to make everything about a fight or about themselves. I know I personally didn't buy it because of some kind of protest I just thought it looked fun and I love fantasy action games and so far the game is great.

recma12

I myself get sick of gay people and trans people being lumped together, not because I think I'm better but because we are different, I am totally happy with what I was born with I have no gender identity issues.

I'm hetero so I'm not affected but it seems really weird to me how hostile and aggressive trans activists are, considering it's only ~0.3% of the population.
Of course, minorities need protection but the other 99.7% of the population don't have to bend over backwards to make the minority feel comfortable.

I have 0 issues with trans people, also have 0 issues with them getting all the help and/or healthcare they need.
Should my little daughter one day decide that she wants to be a boy, I would love her just the same.
That said, this overly aggressive trans-activism over stupid shit like Harry Potter or Cyberpunk actually turns me against them.

Western Societies have been extremely welcoming to LGBTQ matters in the past decades, it's not perfect but a lot of progress has been made.
How bout focussing the activism on places where gays and trans people get excecuted or tortured?

Guys, I've been crunching the numbers here...

Stock Market Gambling GIF by IDK

Turns out $79k evenly split by 69 is...

img-bVDEMXWB-large.jpg

Which curiously enough I don't think any of those creators have :messenger_grinning_sweat:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'm hetero so I'm not affected but it seems really weird to me how hostile and aggressive trans activists are, considering it's only ~0.3% of the population.
Of course, minorities need protection but the other 99.7% of the population don't have to bend over backwards to make the minority feel comfortable.

I have 0 issues with trans people, also have 0 issues with them getting all the help and/or healthcare they need.
Should my little daughter one day decide that she wants to be a boy, I would love her just the same.
That said, this overly aggressive trans-activism over stupid shit like Harry Potter or Cyberpunk actually turns me against them.

Western Societies have been extremely welcoming to LGBTQ matters in the past decades, it's not perfect but a lot of progress has been made.
How bout focussing the activism on places where gays and trans people get excecuted or tortured?
Pretty much the same boat as you M8, before all this shit I had no issues with them either but this almost fanatical obsession with pronouns and trying to change how the vast majority of the world sees shit is doing enormous harm and turning people against them, it's literally the opposite of what they're setting out to do and if I was trans I'd be fucking ragin that I and others like me are being dragged through the mud in a culture war I want no part of, run by people who quite frankly are fucking unhinged.

Duchess

Two teenagers here in the UK have just been charged with murdering a trans girl, in a park.

Without trying to make light of the situation, I'm willing to bet a house search of the two accused won't turn up any copies of Hogwarts Legacy ...

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Two teenagers here in the UK have just been charged with murdering a trans girl, in a park.

Without trying to make light of the situation, I'm willing to bet a house search of the two accused won't turn up any copies of Hogwarts Legacy ...

I'm struggling to understand your point?

I guess you get the whole package like a womb and reproductive parts and the hormones. Beard style would take a hit.
If you want to be authentic,. you have Hermaphrodites as that is the side effect of drinking the immortality potion. You become biologically perfect and thus have functional organs of both sides.

But that would then prove that Trans people are wizards who failed their potion crafting. They must have messed up somewhere and didn't reach true perfection. Basically Trans people exist because we are not advanced enough to have true gende switching and people tried to deny that imperfection exists.

hemo memo

Gold Member
If you want to be authentic,. you have Hermaphrodites as that is the side effect of drinking the immortality potion. You become biologically perfect and thus have functional organs of both sides.

But that would then prove that Trans people are wizards who failed their potion crafting. They must have messed up somewhere and didn't reach true perfection. Basically Trans people exist because we are not advanced enough to have true gende switching and people tried to deny that imperfection exists.
Or they don’t want a full transition as that would remove the attention some of them are looking for and they become.. just normal? So they mess up the formula on purpose but attack anyone who dare to question it?

Last edited:
Or they don’t want a full transition as that would remove the attention some of them are looking for and they become.. just normal? So they mess up the formula on purpose but attack anyone who dare to question it?
I would think having both sets of functional organs would have been a bette flex? Because that is the divine body that some interpretations of Angels have. But having a true super-gender would mess up the message that allegedly everyone is equal.

I couldn’t find I list of games in the article.

I did see this

Related video: Hogwarts Legacy reaches nearly 900,000 concurrent players on Steam

Neff

I'm so glad they can't enjoy the game.

And the irony is that they're probably itching to play it, because it's fucking great, but since they've sold their souls to an ideology which will eat them alive the second they show the merest hint of dissent, they have to bitterly double down on their vitriol, trapped by the dogmatic oppression they're part of.

Or they're just playing it anyway on the sly, praying to god Twitter doesn't find out.

anthony2690

Banned
Yes fighting back by buying crappy looking games that no one would look twice at otherwise.

They could just buy and play a Hogwarts Legacy a good wizard/witch game and make themselves a trans character instead of all this silly online nonsense.

🤷‍♂️

tkscz

Finally got to look at the list, and as I suspected, most of them are visual novels, some of them are straight up PDF files for what sound like the most boring D&D session. Like two games on that list look like they are worth playing.

What bothers me the most is that they aren't doing this for anything more than brownie points. They've had years to do something like this but only are now because WiZaRd GaMe Is BaD, bUy OuR gAmE iNsTeAd. It's completely disingenuous but these people usually are.

This is not harassing people and telling them what they can and can't consume so I'm fine with it.
Well said. This post is not getting enough attention. People are free to love JK Rowling and to buy Hogwarts. Conversely, people are free to hate JK Rowling and offer/promote alternative products to Hogwarts.

Exede

I need an explainer i think.... JK sayed theres just 2 genders right? Trans people have the need to transist into the opposit gender couse they feel wrong in their bodys. This still makes it 2 genders, right? So why is JK transphob with her 2 gender post she made?
Like really i don't get it.
Maybe i'm simply to stupid to see why this is transphob at all.

Alebrije

This is good, now they will be happy with their game and will leave HL alone..this is how you should act when you do not like something, just create what you want instead of try to cancel others work.

Obviosly this is someones idea to ger easy money, but who cares if they are happy

This honestly has to be one of the absolute stupidest things I have ever seen, for numerous reasons. Hogwarts Legacy literally has trans characters in it. And the game wasn't made by "TERFs". So they're not even protesting the right thing, it's supposed to be JK Rowling that's their issue. And "no terfs allowed", so your issue is that JK Rowling, as a woman with individual thoughts, isn't trans-friendly, and should be more inclusive. So the logic is to exclude everyone that doesn't agree with you? I thought the goal was to be inclusive? Not sure how you can overlook that contradictory double-standard. This whole thing is just mind-numbingly ridiculous.

If your attitude is "if you don't agree with me, you shouldn't exist and you aren't entitled to have an opinion that isn't the same as mine", then you're in real trouble. Not only as a person, but as a member of society.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The people that allow this to upset them are letting other live rent free in their mind. This is a marketing tool to make money, simple as that. Why should I care, and why would I be outraged?
Seems like the people making fun of this are living rent free in your mind, seeing how you came in to this thread just to tell us you don’t care.

recma12

Pretty much the same boat as you M8, before all this shit I had no issues with them either but this almost fanatical obsession with pronouns and trying to change how the vast majority of the world sees shit is doing enormous harm and turning people against them, it's literally the opposite of what they're setting out to do and if I was trans I'd be fucking ragin that I and others like me are being dragged through the mud in a culture war I want no part of, run by people who quite frankly are fucking unhinged.

Think it’s always important to keep in mind that there is a silent majority of trans people who cringe just as hard as we do when they hear some of the crazy shit “activists” propose.

There is a clear financial incentive for Social Media activists of all kinds to keep their “war” going I guess.

Felt to me like Resetera was almost glad Hogwarts got announced because it gave them a new opportunity to do “activism”.

Think it’s always important to keep in mind that there is a silent majority of trans people who cringe just as hard as we do when they hear some of the crazy shit “activists” propose.

There is a clear financial incentive for Social Media activists of all kinds to keep their “war” going I guess.

Felt to me like Resetera was almost glad Hogwarts got announced because it gave them a new opportunity to do “activism”.
Yep, it's a very online thing. I have a good friend that came out as trans, cool your life, and she was talking about wanting to play this game really bad. But then after joining some trans discord group she has gone a bit wild, flipped the script completely and now upset with some of us for playing the game. Kind of annoying what the online discourse did to her, hopefully can snap out of it after sometime.

Top Bottom