• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Gets First Public Demo at Gamescom 2019

Helios

https://nichegamer.com/2019/05/03/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-gets-first-public-demo-at-gamescom-2019/
Independent developer TaleWorlds Entertainment has announced they’re finally showing off Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord to the public.
The game is getting its first public playable demo at this year’s Gamescom, which runs from August 21st to the 24th. TaleWorlds noted that anyone attending Gamescom this year can get their hands on the early build, and that the preview only includes some of the multiplayer modes.
In related news, Mount & Blade II is set to get a closed beta sometime soon – probably before Gamescom so the developer can work some more kinks out.
Once released, Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord will be available for Windows PC, via Steam.

Jenenser

Yeah baby!

im hyped since forever :D

got 400 hours in M&B Warband, single player only.
lets hope they give Modtools, the community is crazy.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hah, I'm there, but holy crap has it been a long time. I wonder what this whole development situation has looked like internally over the years.

Kadayi

Banned
giphy.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hmm. Core gameplay looks very similar to the original. Graphics are serviceable. Not all that into the multiplayer component, and the segment almost seems saturated right now, but looking forward to what they do with the SP.

Ornlu

Banned
I'm a huge fan of M&B, but with as long as this game has been in development, I don't see how it can be any good at release.

Tumle

Never played mount and blade for the multiplayer, but because of the freedom of the single player and how organic and influential your decisions are on the game world!
hopefully they have expanded on that.

Mount and blade was never a looker, so the graphics just need to be serviceable for me to enjoy it :)

BigBooper

Looks like the first game, except with physics, animation, and geometry detection from this century. Levels also look better.

In order words... :pie_smiling_hearts:
I think that's where I'm at too. It looks more like a remaster of the first games than I expected, but that doesn't mean I won't play it for months.

Toecutter

Dangerously close to getting hyped for this. Managed to ignore it for a while since it looked like it was going to be vaporware for a while, now suddenly there's light at the end of the tunnel - it's like the new Duke Nukem Forever...

What worries me is that it might end up being the new Duke Nukem Forever.

Dontero

Banned
Fuck multiplayer and single player campaign. Give me Prophecy of Pendor 2 mod on their new engine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom