• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most impressive mountain range in a game?

Kerotan

I've played huge hours on Death Stranding and always through the mountain range was by far the most impressive in any game. And it might be. But playing RDR2 again this game's Mountains are incredible also.

Both games are vast, super detailed, snow is incredible and the physics superb. Does anything else come close?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
orbx-as-himalaya-mesh-msfs-01.jpg

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I doubt I can come up with better "best realized," examples, but I will say, post 90's, there aren't enough new versions of Death Mountain. I know there are some, but like....

That was MY SHIT as a child. The LTTP version, the OOT version, especially. That floating ring of smoke and cloud floating above the crater is so fucking iconic. Make that. Someone. If they made an open world OOT reimagining, I'd weep.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I doubt I can come up with better "best realized," examples, but I will say, post 90's, there aren't enough new versions of Death Mountain. I know there are some, but like....

That was MY SHIT as a child. The LTTP version, the OOT version, especially. That floating ring of smoke and cloud floating above the crater is so fucking iconic. Make that. Someone. If they made an open world OOT reimagining, I'd weep.

Death Mountain in BOTW/TOTK is pretty awesome IMO. It's the only realization of it that feels like an actual mountain, and actually making it there feels like a dangerous journey (at least it did in BOTW).

Last edited:

Gojiira

I've played huge hours on Death Stranding and always through the mountain range was by far the most impressive in any game. And it might be. But playing RDR2 again this game's Mountains are incredible also.

Both games are vast, super detailed, snow is incredible and the physics superb. Does anything else come close?
Was literally gonna say the Mountains in Death Stranding, they look almost photorealistic and with the amazing volumetric fog etc they really do look incredible.

belmarduk

Gotta go with the Gerudo Highlands in Breath of the Wild. Its totally interactive rather than borders you can't pass.

I have no love for Death Stranding, but the trailer for 2 was immensely impressive from a visual and scale perspective. If you can really navigate those entire maps, it'll be something insane never done before.

TwiztidElf

Some great picks already. Zelda, Skyrim, Horizon, Flight Sim.
I'll also add Cyberpunk 2077. I don't know why, but I always thought it looked really good.

kyussman

It has to be Death Stranding......the fact it's not just for show too,the gameplay elements around it are great,first climbing and later building zip line networks across it.....wonderful stuff!

I enjoyed my time in the semireal mountains of Steep. Naturally it is not just one location among other flat ones, but the mountains are the playground for the entire game.

Top Bottom