• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Expensive And Rarest PS1, PS2 and Dreamcast Games

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here are some of the most expensive and rarest NTSC PS1 games!

Thanks mods for the title change x2

Thanks Thank You GIF

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I owned the first 2 until a few years ago I put them on sale. Had no PS1 anymore, and no desire to play it anyway. There are better ways to do so nowadays. Tales of Destiny 2 is a shit game. but VP was excellent though, some of those side stories are powerful. It was a rather good collection I sold back then, also Lunar fan disc edition, Tactics Ogre, Xenogears, Chrono cross, FFVII-IX, PE, Saga frontier 1 (and 2 which I still have as it doesn't work lol), Hoshigami, DQ VII and a few others.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Anyone play Tales of Destiny II? That game looks dope! Love teh graphics and art style

EDIT - Just see teh comment above now lol

Last edited:

Yerd

I just recently was trying to find my ps1 games, and couldn't. I'm pretty sure I own Suikoden 2. Had no idea it was worth money. I gotta rummage the house again and find my box of games.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i bought a PS2 again a couple years ago and discovered Kuon which interested me. it's currently anywhere between £180-399 on ebay.

i almost considered it but i had just spend about £80 on Persona 3 FES and knew i needed to stop.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I’ve got about 180 PS2 games in amazing condition but sadly nothing worth over £50 individually and even that just depends on what someone will pay on eBay on the day.

Last edited:
Anyone play Tales of Destiny II? That game looks dope! Love teh graphics and art style

I have both VP and Tales of Eternia (Tales of Destiny 2's original title) for the PSP and both are good, ToE maybe a bit "dated" by the Tales of franchise standards these days but it’s still a fun classic JRPG with great graphics and soundtrack, VP is a game I'd never play without a guide.

SkylineRKR

You can also play it on PSP, where its called by its original title Tales of Eternia. Its one of the weaker Tales of series with an awful cast imho. I much prefered the first Destiny game. Eternia, ofcourse, has nothing to do with Tales of Destiny. They just used Tales of Destiny II for marketing reasons since it was only the second Tales of game to release in the west.

Last edited:
People mistake rare for expensive. They have no idea what a true rare game is...

I have at least 1 mentioned in the videos, and I find the others without problems ...

Last edited:

isual

i used to buy ps2 physicals, god hand for 65, .hack part 4 for 120, okami for 30, but its just not practical, even though im an autist for such things, its simpler to emulate. but even if you do, sometimes you just dont feel the want to play.

havent watches the videos yet, but i do think RAD on ps2 ia quite rare. i downloaded it recently for emulation, but the controls are so jank i can appreciate it

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Got most of the games on PS1 list. Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden 2, Klonoa. I own Haunting Ground on PS2 also. Didn't know it was considered rare. I purchased these on release day and just kept them. I'm never gonna sell my Playstation collection.

OrionNebula

i bought a PS2 again a couple years ago and discovered Kuon which interested me. it's currently anywhere between £180-399 on ebay.

i almost considered it but i had just spend about £80 on Persona 3 FES and knew i needed to stop.
I was about to post my super clean complete copy of Ku-on.
I’m seeing a price value at around $500-$900

Anybody wants it? I was approached by a cloaked spanish merchant who offered to buy it at a high price, but I’m opened to counter-offers

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Having the games is one thing, having them in mint condition is another. PS1 and PS2's sure were good at trashing discs!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This is why I’ll swing by a thrift shop if I’m out at a small town. You never know what places will charge for the stuff they have donated. I once found a copy of .hack, but the disc was scratched up pretty bad.

Vae_Victis

Banned
I bought Rule of Rose at a flea market a few years ago for like €8. Funny thing is, at the time I bought it I knew about the game from back when it came out, but I also had no idea it had become so rare and expensive, only found out later.

It's also an absolutely fantastic psychological/introspective horror, maybe the best from the PS2 era.

Doczu

Man i didn't know Haunting Ground and Rule of Rose are worth that much. Gonna dig around the boxes in my parrents attic. I'm sure HG is still there, Rule of Rose not so much as i didn't like the game and could have sold it...

solidus12

Dont know how rare this game is, but I got it for 6 bucks back in 2016:

odGvaaP.jpg
0Z8ONyR.jpg

I also got this memory card adapter for another 5 bucks.
rR5jFpR.jpg

Mr Hyde

Of these games I own:

Valkyrie Profile
Suikoden 2
Klonoa
Haunting Ground

Would love for Capcom to release a remaster of Haunting Ground for current platforms. VP, Suikoden 1 & 2 and Klonoa have gotten re-releases.

consoul

Seems like we're actually just talking about most expensive games here.

There are rarer games on these platforms that people just don't give a shit about.

Top Bottom