• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most exciting thing about next-gen has been so far the silly memes, speculation and meltdowns.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't know, I am sure I like gaming a lot and does not have depression simptoms, but somewhat....back in 2013 I was miserable human being with a shit life, nothing was interesting, I was wasting time just living nothing and back then next-gen conferences really hyped me up. So far...I don't know, what really imprints in my mind was that Hellblade 2 "drop" in the trailer, where she started singing. I just find that really...I don't know, I remember it. But Hellblade 1 was shit, so....nothing.

I don't know, so far, it looks like I am cleaning my backlog (maybe in better quality on XSX), but that's about it.

Nothing kind evokes anything, like for example Mass Effect trilogy. I mean that trailer for second one? That was the shit. Also dead of AA games, some weird-ass art-style indie games and AAA titles. Nothing like for example The Darkness, Condemned.

I mean happiness and getting old...even tho, I am just 1 year from re-birth. What the fuck man, time to stock up some 'memberries.

Sorry for emo thread.

And no, I don't expect MS to be better in July, unless they make fucking Forza Horizon 5, bring back Alpha Protocol (name it Beta Protocol, who cares, it's even in the game), do some classic-ass game with Bleszinski and drop a teaser for Mass Effect 4 with that indoctrination theory shit. And yes I cared that much back then and after I saw ME: Andromeda #neverForget

And I would like to appologize, that I cannot drink, because this would be perfect moment. To
fetchimage

giphy.gif

I liked the show. Only thing I was disappointed by was no back paddles for DualSense. The console design is trippy but that’s okay

Most of the games looked good to me. Most seemed like Day One titles for me. Maybe not Bugsnax tho

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Most of the games looked good to me. Most seemed like Day One titles for me
Wish I could be as optimistic. Nothing outside of R&C screamed next gen and most of the games have no release date. Why would I be buying these things at launch?

The balls in Microsoft's court. Let's see what hey serve up.

Mr Hyde

I don´t understand the negativity on some people here at all. Sometimes you wonder if these people even like video games considering all they do is moan and bitch about everything and between. Doomsday and naysayers. Fucking posers who gets excited by 2 AAA-game every five year.

Not specifically directed to you M1chl M1chl just people in general on this board.

Last edited:

M1chl

I don´t understand the negativity on some people here at all. Sometimes you wonder if these people even like video games considering all they do is moan and bitch about everything and between. Doomsday and naysayers. Fucking posers who gets excited by 2 AAA-game every five year.
Fair enough, then this thread is not aim for you. And as a slav "negativity" is normal state.. I don't understand, why everything should be view as positive, unless it is.

All the moaning and bitching and memes have been entertaining, but I do wonder if some people should step back and find a hobby they enjoy more.
It not my only hobby, it's just something I know and remember enjoey so much more, especially during the announcements, etc. So it's more like comparison stuff.

Besides, what people in here sayin they are most excited for? Demon's Souls....

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

And as a slav "negativity" is normal state..

Really? Seems very pessimistic to have such a view on default. I´m not saying everything should be positive, a lot of things are not well in this world, but I see some posters here on GAF that do nothing but complain all the time. Nothing is ever good, no games are never good, everything is bland, boring and generic. And then you have to wonder. Why are you even here? Why do you even play? That´s what I´m talking about.

M1chl

Really? Seems very pessimistic to have such a view on default. I´m not saying everything should be positive, a lot of things are not well in this world, but I see some posters here on GAF that do nothing but complain all the time. Nothing is ever good, no games are never good, everything is bland, boring and generic. And then you have to wonder. Why are you even here? Why do you even play? That´s what I´m talking about.
No that's not what I meant, I am some sort of "meh"/neutral about this and you view it as a negativity. For me this is default state and i haven't say it "suck" it's "boring"...it simply just not exciting. So far for me.

Mr Hyde

No that's not what I meant, I am some sort of "meh"/neutral about this and you view it as a negativity. For me this is default state and i haven't say it "suck" it's "boring"...it simply just not exciting. So far for me.

I understand. Hopefully something comes along that gets you excited. The summer has just begun and Microsoft still has their show left in July. There will be lots of game announcements in the coming weeks. There is bound to be something there that rocks your boat, otherwise, this might be the end my friend.

M1chl

So you all here likes the video games, I guess. Why are you on gaf then? : D
Sorry, need more attention

ZywyPL

Banned
I'm with you. Games are simply not what they used to be, what they started as, when a bunch of nerds made what they love in a garage, free from any restraints, driven only by their imagination, and we all could enjoy their work, "by gamers, for gamers" as Interplay's motto said.

Now? Everything is fully controlled by the publishers, where the devs have to figure out how to suck the most money from people first and then what the game itself will actually be. Same what happened to car industry, where the designers and mechanics make all those amazing prototypes, but then the accountants step in and turn it into shit that doesn't resembles the original concept.

If someone started gaming in the 80s or 90s, and has been through all those decades/generations, he clearly saw and witnessed the decline first hand, but I don't blame kids and youngsters who started playing games in current or previous generation that they don't see an issue, they just don't know what they missed.

On the other hand, we are getting quite old now, we don't have that much time anymore to spend hours after hours every single day on video games, as well as we have more important things to spend money on, so whether we like it or not we do have to cherry-pick the titles we really, really want to invest our time and money on.

Quality over quantity. I can go few months without playing anything, only to get completely sucked and forget about the real world after finding something that completely fits my taste. Which is another factor, because once people reach their late 20s/early 30s, they are experienced well enough to build themselves their ultimate tastes, opinions, believes etc. which don't change afterwards, whether 40s, 50s, or 60s, and I don't mean just gaming-related.

So I guess that's your answer Mr Hyde Mr Hyde .

So yeah, nowadays the console wars on the internet are more fun than the games themselves.

M1chl

I'm with you. Games are simply not what they used to be, what they started as, when a bunch of nerds made what they love in a garage, free from any restraints, driven only by their imagination, and we all could enjoy their work, "by gamers, for gamers" as Interplay's motto said.

Now? Everything is fully controlled by the publishers, where the devs have to figure out how to suck the most money from people first and then what the game itself will actually be. Same what happened to car industry, where the designers and mechanics make all those amazing prototypes, but then the accountants step in and turn it into shit that doesn't resembles the original concept.

If someone started gaming in the 80s or 90s, and has been through all those decades/generations, he clearly saw and witnessed the decline first hand, but I don't blame kids and youngsters who started playing games in current or previous generation that they don't see an issue, they just don't know what they missed.

On the other hand, we are getting quite old now, we don't have that much time anymore to spend hours after hours every single day on video games, as well as we have more important things to spend money on, so whether we like it or not we do have to cherry-pick the titles we really, really want to invest our time and money on.

Quality over quantity. I can go few months without playing anything, only to get completely sucked and forget about the real world after finding something that completely fits my taste. Which is another factor, because once people reach their late 20s/early 30s, they are experienced well enough to build themselves their ultimate tastes, opinions, believes etc. which don't change afterwards, whether 40s, 50s, or 60s, and I don't mean just gaming-related.

So I guess that's your answer Mr Hyde Mr Hyde .

So yeah, nowadays the console wars on the internet are more fun than the games themselves.
I don't agree and I know I am going to sound like an asshole and againts myself, because I am programmer, but the accessibility of reach that HW creates unneeded showelware and since with tools like Unity or UE4/5 even total ignorant, can create game....make this disrepancy, that AAA games has to push the graphical envelope (pretty useless nowadays) and stand out, so that kills AA games, because everything what is not AA is nowadays "indie" and people don't care. I think best way how to deal with this is through currated channels like GamePass, because there are some quality titles, even though people without knowledge calls it "GamePass Fodder"...

Anyway, remeber Summer of Arcade. Who put so much thought in the games nowadays, like FEZ, Braid, Limbo, Trials HD, etc? Those titles were unique and fin. Well INSIDE definitely stays that way.

And to an extent I agree, that people trying to replicate what was fun in different game, which makes it for very bland output. I for one don't understand the hype of Horizon: Zero Dawn...people wants more Ubi-world? Where the fuck is next Killzone? That was the shit. inFamous Secon son? Brilliant game, because it does not over done what is suppose to do. It's like Saint's Row style open world. I am currently playing remaster game which I previously completed 100% and guess what? It's fun as hell and that makes some sort of questions, what the fuck happened? Games got "too-mainstream"?

I don't have anser for that.

I hate to say this, but as much as I dislike Death Stranding, at least it was fucking created. It's different. In a way which MGS V wasn't it was laughable in comparison to old MGS titles. Open world, make your own fun? CHECK. Yeah fuck that.

Some games which are sort of AA which I can remember from this gen, that I liked were Layers of Fear 2.....Life is Str....even second one got fucked. Nier: Automata, onRush, Plague Tale, Wreckfest, Ori...

Or in AAA Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Metro (even though OG 2 were better than the last, but Sam's Tale, good shit), Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: MD, Tomb Raider games (minus 2013 one)...

Alright Souls games keep their quality.

With massive onslaught of online shooters, where the fuck is Bad Company 3 or any good EA game. Well Fallen Order was good, but I worry that's for them like one game in million, this type of shit I want to play.

...and why does even people don't care when game is fun and it tries to do something like it's own thing, like a Control?? Best game of this game.

Where is shit like Bulletstorm, Max Payne 4, Revengeance 2 Resident Evil 5-2 or Rem4ke? Fuck.

I guess I was hoping for more.

Top Bottom