• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most boring Games you ever play it

Might be unpopular but screw it.

Braid - downloaded it in ps3 years ago and the entire play through was a slog.. one of my least favorite games
ICO - I really just didn't like that game.. the puzzles the kid running around it all just felt so blah

Krathoon

Seriously. I just started Horizon Forbidden West. Ashley Burch reads every line like she's the most depressed mf'er on the planet with her voice dropping off at the end. Reminds me of back in elementary school when we'd take turns as students reading parts of the book out loud and because you're only reading the words on the page and not conveying their meaning, it's boring to listen to.

There's no variation in her cadence. It gets so old. Who directed her to read every line the same way?
Burch might be getting burnt out. Back to acting on YouTube.

MacReady13

Uncharted 4. After the 1st 3 games in the series (which I truly loved) I was so pumped for part 4. Seriously, I got so bored by the last few chapters I kept wanting a main character to die just so something interesting would happen!

Let me add to this with a sneaky edit- the last Gears Of War game. Enjoyed the gameplay but damn, was falling asleep about 5 hours into it! Wish some of these game makers could play some Resi 4 and learn about pacing!

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hollow Knight. Fight me.
I have that game in my library. I always think I'll get around to playing it as it got good reviews and is supposed to be a metroidvania/rogue kind of game.

I'll remember youre comment to ensure I dont get hopes too high.

Last edited:

ruzuyu

Neo Member
Altough I am a big fan of FromSoftware, I couldn't bear Dark Souls 2 however hard I tried..

Last edited:

Nankatsu

The last guardian

Most Assassin's Creed games after 4

GIF by Originals

Last edited:
Seriously. I just started Horizon Forbidden West. Ashley Burch reads every line like she's the most depressed mf'er on the planet with her voice dropping off at the end. Reminds me of back in elementary school when we'd take turns as students reading parts of the book out loud and because you're only reading the words on the page and not conveying their meaning, it's boring to listen to.

There's no variation in her cadence. It gets so old. Who directed her to read every line the same way?
It's the same with the generic Assassin's Creed: Tsushima protagonist. He speaks every sentence the same way. Western games are purposely written to be boring because "boring = adult and serious", however silly the premise is.

any of the newer Assassin creed games. theyre just so boringly repetitive. not only that but they stretch that boredom out to 50 hours.

TheGecko

Banned
Can't remember if I've replied but Cyberpunk 2077. Recently purchased it because the patches but boy oh boy this game is soulless trash.

Stamps1646

A few I can think of:

Outriders *story and design*
Infamous series *protagonist and story*
Crackdown series *story*
Gears 4 and 5 *story and design*
Watchdogs 1 *protagonist and design*
Just Cause series *protagonist and story*
Killzone series *design*
L.A. Noire *story and design*
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order *due to protagonist*
Final Fantasy VII: *Story, writing and characters*
Dying Light 2: Stay Human *story and characters*
Outward *design*
Cyberpunk 2077 *main story*

Crayon

The first thing that comes to mind is borderlands 2. I saw taht I had 50 hours on record on steam and my head was reeling. I do not remember that time at all. I rememebr it as a game I played 5 hours of and got bored.

Rdr2

When you get to the point where you think you are close to the ending, then you say " shit, there is more, AGAIN?" you understand there's something wrong with a game

Game is unnecessarily bloated and long, to the point I felt like ending it was a chore and had to do it in the span of many months to not feel it

Aside from this, is a masterpiece, no doubt about it

Last edited:
Top Bottom