• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moss: Book II - Announce Trailer | PS VR

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Quill is back! In Moss: Book II, the story picks up right where things left off following the successful rescue of Quill’s uncle Argus. Your adventure continues with the revelation that a winged tyrant leading the Arcane forces has turned its focus on Quill and is now on the hunt for her within the hexed castle where her uncle was held captive. Lined with dangerous terrain, challenging puzzles, and enemies twisted in fire and steel, Quill’s journey will be trying—filled with triumph and heartbreak alike—but new allies, old friends, and the very nature of the castle itself can help as she works to save the world from a great unmaking.

TexMex

Loved the first. Love that this is getting a sequel. But I bet most owners have long since packed up their PSVR's.

mxbison

Should be multi platform, right?

I enjoyed my time with the PSVR but really don't want to go back to those shitty move controllers and all the wires.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That looked too good for a PS4 VR game, but I guess that's what it is? PSVR games can't take advantage of the PS5 at all right, except for minor BC performance boosts?

Ian Henry

The higlight of the conference. Would have never expect a sequel to be announced but we here. The 1st one is a damn good game. Glad it got the greenlight🔥🔥😉

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Moss: Book II, the sequel to Polyarc's action-adventure game, Moss, gets a new trailer and a release window reveal. The game is coming in Spring 2022 to PlayStation VR. Check out the thrilling new trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Let’s Play Moss: Book II! Polyarc joins the PlayStation crew for a close look at Quill’s next PS VR adventure. The episode highlights locations both lush and industrial, new enemies, plus Quill’s mighty hammer weapon. Launches March 31.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Quill is back—and she’s being hunted. Those who seek to unmake this world are desperate for the Glass she holds, and they’ll stop at nothing to claw it from her grasp.

But the young hero has a plan of her own, one that could finally end the merciless rule of the Arcane and restore peace to Moss once more. To stand a chance, Quill will need a true partner by her side—and we hope that partner is you. With her, you’ll venture deep inside the hexed castle of the Arcane where dangerous terrain, challenging puzzles, and enemies twisted in fire and steel await.

The journey will be trying—filled with triumph and heartbreak alike—but new allies, old friends, and the very nature of the castle itself can offer help along the way. Yet in the end, it is you alone who can lift Quill up to save this world, and together, rise to legend.

Fredrik

I loved the first game on Quest 2 so much, had it on my GOTY list. Super annoying to see the sequel as a PSVR exclusive, I’m not buying a second VR headset for one game 😕

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Moss: Book 2 reviewed by Henry Stockdale on PSVR (using PlayStation 5 backward compatibility.

This sequel to Moss builds upon its predecessor nicely with a captivating world and entertaining platforming and is let down primarily by the PSVR's aging tech.

Reallink

They really should have sat on this until PSVR2's launch. PSVR is nearly 6 years old and was outdated when it released, no surprise there's little buzz for a game releasing on decrepit hardware. Probably concerned they'll look like a joke compared to whatever AAA game Sony's First Party decides to launch with, but there will be a lot of people looking for secondary experiences once they finish Sony's 5 hour campaign.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

I loved the first game on Quest 2 so much, had it on my GOTY list. Super annoying to see the sequel as a PSVR exclusive, I’m not buying a second VR headset for one game 😕
The first game launched as a PSVR exclusive too, so it is a given Book II will eventually end up on all platforms soonish.

I only have PSVR at the moment, and I'm holding off because I'll be getting a Quest 2 in the next few months. I kind of stopped buying PSVR games in favor of playing them on PC via link for now until PSVR2.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I need to get the first one, just don't want to spend the money right now. Got too many meaty games eating up my time. ER for TV, Skyrim/Astrobot for VR.

I'd probably really enjoy Moss, I'll get it at some point.

Valonquar

Sold my release PSVR a few months back. This would have been the only game I'd have pulled it out and dusted it off for. Until console VR can stream wireless to a headset I don't see myself returning to the format, even if I'm super sad I won't get to play this one.

Fredrik

The first game launched as a PSVR exclusive too, so it is a given Book II will eventually end up on all platforms soonish.

I only have PSVR at the moment, and I'm holding off because I'll be getting a Quest 2 in the next few months. I kind of stopped buying PSVR games in favor of playing them on PC via link for now until PSVR2.
I assume it depends on how successful it is. You’re highlighting the issue with this launch, everybody I know who liked the first game is just waiting on the Quest version now, none of my friends are using PSVR anymore.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

PSNProfiles, a site that tracks users’ trophy information, lists Moss: Book II as having just 101 game owners across the game’s two skews.

In comparison, Weird West, a game that launched the same day as Moss: Book II, is listed as having over 700 owners.

It’s worth noting that PSNProfiles is an opt-in service. It’s not currently possible to scrape all of PSN, so every account that’s tracked on the site does so voluntarily, meaning that real sales of the game will be much higher.

However, PlayStation podcast Sacred Symbols (paywalled) notes that the first game, Moss, is listed as having over 20,000 owners across both of its versions.

Top Bottom