• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat XL (free update, QLOC) and KP2 (paid DLC) coming to Steam October 4th

Momentary

Banned
I hope it dies quicker than original release and there is no one playing it few weeks after the release.

And no, i am not even salty. I just have worst opinion ever about WB and NRS. They deserve nothing!

QLOC deserves my money. I love those guys. And if supporting them means they get utilized more often, then I don't mind at all.

Developers and publishers need a realization as to who to go for to have quality ports made and QLOC are at the top.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If I own the premium edition will I miss anything from the XL edition?

Basically it works the same way the console update did.

All the new features and other changes are free, but the new characters are paid unless you're buying the bundle pack.

Essentially everyone moves over to "Mortal Kombat XL" by product name and functionality, but this differs from the $60 Mortal Kombat XL retail release, which was more like a GOTY full content bundle.

It's kind of like Dying Light in that there was an Enhanced Edition re-release, and everyone got the Enhanced Edition features/upgrades/etc, but also a separate DLC expansion pack called The Following that's included in new (expensive) purchases of Dying Light Enhanced Edition.

Caffeine

judging from the beta performance and netcode I think QLOC did a fantastic job. I really do hope wb hires them from here on out for injustice 2 if it happens.

vg260

Not giving KP2 to current MKX owners is shitty as hell, is the minimum they deserve, the balance patch for free is like, well, is a balance patch lol

Yeah, the upgrade being free is a forced upgrade for everyone, so it's not like they had to pay to opt in.

I'm not fond of the "give me something free for my inconvenience" sentiment, but if I were in their shoes, I certainly would have pushed for it internally IF there is a KP3 coming.

Wanderer5

Huh, pretty cool that they seem to have turned this around nicely. WB/Netherrealm should get QLOC for Injustice 2 next.

Dinjoralo

Yeah, they should be giving KP 2 out for free, for a week or so at least. You don't get get to make up for royally fucking up, by doing what you were supposed to do months late, and refusing to acknowledge it most of that time. Fuck Warner Bros.

vg260

¡HarlequinPanic!;215649121 said:
I hope they at least have a sale on KP1 or something leading up to release.

You can find the original premium edition for $8 and the pack for less than $4 easily online.

Ibuki

Banned
You can find the original premium edition for $8 and the pack for less than $4 easily online.

This may need clarification, but it seems they are including it with XL. No idea if they mean free update or with KP2.

Also included with Mortal Kombat XL are previously released downloadable content from the original Kombat Pack:
• Playable characters Predator, Jason Voorhees, Tremor and Tanya, with each accompanied by three themed skins
• Samurai Skin Pack

Khezu

Yeah, the upgrade being free is a forced upgrade for everyone, so it's not like they had to pay to opt in.

I'm not fond of the "give me something free for my inconvenience" sentiment, but if I were in their shoes, I certainly would have pushed for it internally IF there is a KP3 coming.

I don't believe in KP3.

Unless they buff the crap out of Triborg and Bo, I doubt I will even buy KP2 on PC.

Triborg is awful.

Leatherface was really fun though.

vg260

This may need clarification, but it seems they are including it with XL. No idea if they mean free update or with KP2.

Yeah, they'll be selling the whole XL package and just the KP2 just like on consoles it seems because the steam store lists the KP2 as an MKX add-on.

NeoRaider

Why did you expect the Kombat Pack to be free though?

I wasn't expecting KP2 or 4 characters to be free, because it's WB and NRS.
I am just shocked they have 0 dignity.

And now it got fixed for free. So everything should be fine.

It should have been fixed few days or weeks after the release, not one and a half year later. Or never released in that state.
Dead game can't be fixed.

BHK3

Banned
Pretty bullshit after everything thats happened they still want you to pay for the new characters.

Khezu

Nice that they're doing right by PC fans

I wonder if they plan to do the same for Injustice 2

I imagine the main question is if it comes day and date, which I would expect is up to how busy QLOC is.

Which is why I think the PC version of MKXL took so long.

Caffeine

added to op
  • Mortal Kombat X owners get the new balance patch and updated netcode.
  • Mortal Kombat XL will also be sold which is a Ultimate/GOTY edition that includes all dlc
  • Kombat Pack 2 will be sold for original Mortal Kombat X owners Price unknown atm.

It should have been fixed few days or weeks after the release, not one and a half year later. Or never released in that state.

So you say it would have been smarter they give a shit about everyone crying about fixing the PC version all the time and just let it be broken?

They just could have let it be broken and save a lot of money.

NeoRaider

Let's not forget that there are 4-5 DLC packs more that are NOT part of KP or KP2.

So if you already own original game and want to have all the content that was released (XL version) you have to buy KP1, KP2 and all costume packs separately to have XL version of the game.

vg260

I imagine the main question is if it comes day and date, which I would expect is up to how busy QLOC is.

Which is why I think the PC version of MKXL took so long.

Yeah, I think their silence was partly due to the logistics and not being able to comment until they were sure it could be salvaged competently. If they led on PC users and things fell through after a delay that might have been even worse. Not saying what happened wasn't awful for people left hanging, just that's probably what the scenario was.

ezekial45

Banned
Glad to hear QLOC is handling it. They must've turned a lot of heads after Dragon's Dogma PC release. That was quite the achievement, and I was always surprised they they didn't get more work from other publishers.

fernoca

It technically was fixed last year. 5 months later. XD

QLOC fixed it even.

But it wasn't announced or anything, heck people found QLOC involvement in the credits after the patches by summer 2015.

Perun

4 characters mostly: Alien, Bo Rai Cho, Leatherface and Tremor.

Aren't they a part of the Kombat Pack 2 that the premium owners should get for free?

It seems like the only ones I won't get will be these:

• Apocalypse Skin Pack
• Previously released content including playable Goro, Brazil Skin Pack, Kold War Skin Pack and Kold War Scorpion Skin

Caffeine

Aren't they a part of the Kombat Pack 2 that the premium owners should get for free?

• Apocalypse Skin Pack
• Previously released content including playable Goro, Brazil Skin Pack, Kold War Skin Pack and Kold War Scorpion Skin

Premium only included the base game and Kombat pack 1.

fernoca

What? When? I was playing the game in that period it was far from fixed. Both performance and online were pure crap!
Online was "as bad" as consoles, and that wasn't fixed on consoles until earlier 2016.

But by the September 30 patch for PC, QLOC fixed most things, even added optimization options missing in the original release.

• Apocalypse Skin Pack
Premium was only KP1 and no Goro. KP2 was announced late 2015 for consoles and released in 2016.

fernoca

Because Kombat Pack 2 wasn't available for PC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik the premium edition was supposed to include both Kombat Packs.
KP2 didn't existed at that moment. It was announced on December 2015 for consoles only, which initiated the debacle of many and accusations towards WB. ;)

Lord Phol

I have a feeling this is a little too late for many people. It's nice that they finally decided to fix what should never have been broken to begin with, but calling this free content is bullshit. A patch that fixes the netcode and actually gives the PC version a year of old balance patches is not something that should have been paid content to begin with. I might play it with the patch but not getting the Kombat Pack 2 anytime soon (unless it's like 2 bucks or so).

The real good news here is that WB seems to have found a competent team for their PC-ports. Hopefully they'll use those guys for any future ports. After this and the whole Arkham thing they should have learned a thing or two about what you can and can't get away with.

I hope it dies quicker than original release and there is no one playing it few weeks after the release.

And no, i am not even salty. I just have worst opinion ever about WB and NRS. They deserve nothing!

Could've fooled me.

It's a nice gesture that they're adding the updates, I'm sure some were expecting more compensation but I think it being on-par now is good at least.

Caffeine

Because Kombat Pack 2 wasn't available for PC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik the premium edition was supposed to include both Kombat Packs.

Premium edition is game + first season pass

Kombat pack 1 is the first season pass.

Kombat pack 2 was season pass 2 which was always sold separate for original owners and premium edition owners.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yeah, they should be giving KP 2 out for free, for a week or so at least. You don't get get to make up for royally fucking up, by doing what you were supposed to do months late, and refusing to acknowledge it most of that time. Fuck Warner Bros.
In all likelihood, KP2 is the only reason why they bothered updating in the first place.

Top Bottom