• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge Revealed, an Animated Movie

Mista

Banned
mk_still_01-h_2020.jpg

Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon has revealed the production of an animated Mortal Kombat film called “Scorpion’s Revenge.” Made by Warner Bros., the movie, which will launch during the first half of 2020, is set to star Joel McHale (The Soup) as Johnny Cage, and Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter) as Sonya Blade.

The news comes by way of a Tweet from Ed Boon over the weekend, who described the upcoming movie as “brutal:”

More comprehensive details on Scorpion’s Revenge cast was actually broken by the Hollywood Reporter a day earlier. The outlet states:
The voice cast also includes Jordan Rodrigues as Lui Kang; Patrick Seitz as Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi; Steve Blum as Sub-Zero; Artt Butler as Shang Tsung; Darin De Paul as Quan Chi; Robin Atkin Downes as Kano; David B. Mitchell as Raiden; Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs; Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro; Grey Griffin as Kitana and Satoshi Hasashi; and Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer.

We’re also told that Rick Morales and Jim Kreig are taking the lead on the project, two producers with experience producing the acclaimed animated Batman series.

SweetShark

So it will be a (better) sequel of the first Mortal Kombat movie which Scorpion want to get revenge on Jonny Cage?
Sold.

Kadve

Loks interesting. Art style is very generic but could have it's charm i guess.

but who the hell uses "extreme violence and bad language" as part of a marketing campaign? Feels like we have gone back 30 years and they're trying to convince us that "adult cartoons" exist...

Enjay

Banned

Sequel coming very soon. I watched the first one on HBO max and it was decent.
I would be excited for this but this is probably where hbo max turns it into an hbo max original (like a netflix original but much worse and even more hackey) quality movie.

Top Bottom