• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat First Look: Inside the R-rated Reboot

Amiga

with Steve Harvey as Jax
RfDgp8b.jpg

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Hiroyuki Sanada is playing Scorpion, holy shit dude.

Looks awesome!

And Joe Taslim plays Sub Zero. If you have seen The Raid then you know the dude can fucking fight. If the filmmakers let them go all out and capture the action well.

Edit: Fuck me sideways, apparently the story is about some original movie character and all the mk ogs are just side characters. WHY DON'T THEY EVER LEARN?

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

Mortal Kombat (1995) is one of the rare "schlock" films I love. I've always hand a fondness for Mortal Kombat that stretches even beyond the games. I was Sub-Zero on my tenth Halloween. Really looking forward to this movie. HBO Max is getting my subscription for this one.

Yeah it holds up pretty well as an entertaining film and not just the so bad it’s good but actually bad way that Van Dame’s Street Fighter does.

Imotekh

I don't understand the need to come up with their own character... it seems to defeat the purpose of the adaptation. Factor in he seems to be included instead of Johnny Cage, who by all rights should be comedy gold on screen if you use 10% of his material from the recent games.

Cautiously optimistic besides that.

LOLCats

Banned
sexy uncovered women? the horror...

fuck off MK franchise, you're dead to me.

Last edited:
the forced inclusion of an original character named Cole is giving me flashbacks to Alice in the Resident Evil film series.
I'm not going to be hype for this. That role description of his could have easily been Johnny Cage.

Top Bottom