• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal kOmbat 1 is getting Story DLC

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Imagine playing MK for the story...

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Can't wait for the ultimate edition with all the DLC characters and other goodies packed in in one glorious package 👌 To echo what some others have said, I have zero interest in MK's multiplayer component (unlike Street Fighter for example) and it's all about the single player con... excuse me, *kontent* which very much includes the story.

pepodmc_

His point wasn’t that MK doesn’t have much of a story, it was that the story in the MK games, especially the modern ones, is absolute dogshit 😂
The thing is that, if you think that, and then you mention that halo, or, horizon, or uncharted or the last of us or any mainstream AAA actual game have good story modes, i would have to laugh at you as well.
Mortal kombat has really good lore, other thing is that you dont have interest in it.
But to be sincere, i didnt liked mk1 story so much with all that multiverse thing. i dont like when a story relies to much in multiverses in general.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
The story is literally the best thing about MK1. They did a great job with the story mode, everything else in the game is gaas junk. Invasions mode is a bore, IMO.

The core fighting in the game and the story were really all that was good in this release. The game is a huge step back for the series overall, and i find it hard to believe that this was the longest MK game in development given what the unfinished final product turned out like.

Shakka43

Imagine playing MK for the story...
Call me crazy but ever since the PS2 era games that's the main reason I ever played them. Still love Deception and Armageddon the most for their Konquest modes. It's unfortunate they have abandoned these in the newer games.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I mean.. i Do ? same for Tekken ? same why i didn't buy SF6 yet ??

I do not play fighting games online much if at all. I mainly focus on single player Because I do like the MK, SF and Tekken lore ( didn't understand shit about Soul Calibur story which is why i don't even like that game much )
I thought I was one of the only ones like this. It's why I didn't get into Virtua Fighter, and it's why I was disappointed with FighterZ. I want an arcade mode with an ending for each character. It gives them massive replay value to me.

Apocryphon

The thing is that, if you think that, and then you mention that halo, or, horizon, or uncharted or the last of us or any mainstream AAA actual game have good story modes, i would have to laugh at you as well.
Mortal kombat has really good lore, other thing is that you dont have interest in it.
But to be sincere, i didnt liked mk1 story so much with all that multiverse thing. i dont like when a story relies to much in multiverses in general.
So you a) clearly didn’t look at my post history to see what games I consider to have good narratives before replying to my comment, and b) you agree with me that MK1’s plot is dogshit… 😂

Top Bottom