• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morale at Mixer is low, and new management is making it worse, employee says.

MizzyLone

*Start of Rant*

For those asking how she got the job, I shouldn't jump to conclusions but that right there looks like "Nepotism Based on Race",

*End of Rant*

Having said that i really want Mixer to work but it's really not looking good based on that video....

Harlock

n3GJoXi.jpg

tenor.gif

Morale should be low. Its a crap platform with awful hosts.

The platform isn't crap--it's quite better than Twitch, to be honest. It just needs content.

She’s a shockingly bad leader.

I wonder if this exile to Mixer is some kind of punishment

Considering how Mixer was on the rise a scant six to nine months ago, probably the opposite.

Microsoft probably thought she was the exact "go-getter" the platform needed to expand, only to find out now she's a garbage boss and even worse with platform strategy and leadership.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
They wasted money on luring big streamers who's communities go right back to Twitch once their done and don't stick around on Mixer, with all that money when they could have bought out dozens of lower tier streamers all connected to one another so the community can bounce around on Mixer and not go straight back to Twitch.
Good point. The nature of the beast require more cross community engagement than one huge streamer can generate on its own.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The last version of the dashboard removed Mixer. It is clear most users hated how Microsoft redesigned the dash two years ago to put this product front and center. Mixer taking so much space slowed down the dash and tanked user engagement. Microsoft realized too late that not everybody loves smelling the farts of streamers and is now about to kill a company that left to itself could have been a real player in the steaming space.

Spencer the genius!!

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I don't understand why they wanted to get involved in this streaming wars mess.

Yes it makes sense when you consider their server capabilities but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

They can still pay off streamers to promote their games and services regardless of whether those streamers are on their own streaming platform or not.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, Microsoft should just end the damn thing, buyout Ninja's contract and that other guy they signed from Twitch, cut their losses and simply move on.

I was under the impression they had failed and were now successful. "Killing it" shouldn't be used as a positive slang term in my opinion.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
The last version of the dashboard removed Mixer. It is clear most users hated how Microsoft redesigned the dash two years ago to put this product front and center. Mixer taking so much space slowed down the dash and tanked user engagement. Microsoft realized too late that not everybody loves smelling the farts of streamers and is now about to kill a company that left to itself could have been a real player in the steaming space.

Spencer the genius!!

You don't know what you are talking about. The latest dashboard integrated Mixer even more into the system, it doesn't use an app anymore but just runs automatically.

godhandiscen

You don't know what you are talking about. The latest dashboard integrated Mixer even more into the system, it doesn't use an app anymore but just runs automatically.
I have been able to remove it fully. There isn’t a tab anymore for me to navigate to between my games and the store.

The broadcasting system works, the massive advertisement of streamers is gone.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

You removing the tab doesn't equal Microsoft removing it from the dashboard...
It finally allows you to do it. Mixer tanked user engagement and removing the Mixer tab became a highly requested feature by users. Microsoft won’t drop the name, but the team that worked on promoted streamers and implemented the promotions systems is gone. Microsoft is no longer investing in promoting streamers. What’s built remains until it gets deprecated in the future.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It's impossible to replicate Twitch while Twitch still exists.

I think Microsoft is on the right track with Mixer, they just can't expect it to explode now that Twitch has already filled the vacuum. You can't win by taking Twitch's content creators or their audience, you have to be willing to put in the time to develop an entirely new audience and new streamers.

Ninja and Shroud were big "gets" but when you think in terms of content instead of just concurrent viewers they're a drop in the pond. Mixer is a wasteland compared to Twitch when it comes content.

Grinchy

Banned
If they really did kill it off, I wonder what happens with the big name streamers they got to come over. Do they have contracts that guarantee their long-term payouts? I can't imagine someone making up to $10M per year through Twitch jumped platforms without some kind of strong guarantees.

darkinstinct

I have been able to remove it fully. There isn’t a tab anymore for me to navigate to between my games and the store.

That's the point of the new dashboard, you can remove literally everything. So you have only the content you want. You can remove the store, does that mean that Microsoft killed the store?

darkinstinct

If they really did kill it off, I wonder what happens with the big name streamers they got to come over. Do they have contracts that guarantee their long-term payouts? I can't imagine someone making up to $10M per year through Twitch jumped platforms without some kind of strong guarantees.
The reason for all those streamers is Xbox Series X. They bought them for that. The reason for Mixer even existing is xCloud. Watch a streamer, jump right into the game. It's all part of a strategy that is being built as we speak.

Stuart360

I still watch more streamers on Mixer than Twitch, or anywhere else. Its the best platform imo.

Last edited:

CAB_Life

I feel like more people watch recorded media (YT) than live these days—but maybe that’s just me. I haven’t watched a non-announcement/ conference stream in more than 5 years. It’s so strange and boring and feels like a waste of time when I could be playing games or doing things myself.

bRacing

Banned
Didn’t they pay millions upon millions for exclusive rights to streamers like Ninja? Lol. I’ll never cry for a corporation wasting money. Dummies.

Kagey K

Banned

Wait isn’t the premise of this thread that MIcrosoft removed it? Then you say that you removed it. Seems disingenuous, almost like you are trying to create a narrative that isn’t there.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm watching the clip of the new head of Mixer that they brought on-board, and man is she awful at giving a pep talk. That, alone, would be a reason to jump ship.

Quasicat

The only time I ever used Mixer was as an E3 streaming service. I’m really looking forward to using it this year since I can now see it in 4K!

edit: maybe...

Last edited:

Mahadev

So they expected to succeed within a year just because they paid a couple of streamers? What kind of ridiculous wishful thinking is this? They spend years upon years losing money on Xbox and now they just expect instant success with mixer? WTF is going on in that company?

They should revamp / replace it with something new. Instead of paying millions to grab a few pink haired freaks, pay some clever people to come up with a great new product that nobody else is doing but along similar lines. Get a new 1v100 style game mixed in with it too.

Top Bottom