• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monthly Release Dates: May 2021

VN1X

Banned
CWO5FIO.png

5d2aab4c5ec3f1d9f0c00d48a0c5d5101e044679.gifv

Resident Evil Village: Experience survival horror like never before in the 8th major instalment in the Resident Evil franchise
May is around the corner and with it comes a surprising amount of quality titles to spread out the month. Whether you're looking to poop your pants 7 shades of brown with Resident Evil 8, steal from the rich and give to the people in the PVPVE-em-up that is Hood or get stuck back in Assassin's Creed with its, supposedly, huge new DLC offering there's bound to be something that tickles your fancy. Hell, maybe you're a risk taker and have already pre-ordered Biomutant! Which, despite it definitely looking the part, has little to no hype behind it nor any meaningful previews for that matter. I'm really hoping it will land on its feet though as there's not enough of those types of games anymore.

I'm getting Resi myself and maybe Hood also depending on whether or not some of my e-friends are getting that as well (as playing that game alone in solo-queue matchmaking is the worst as I found out first hand). All in all though May is shaping up to be a very strong month in my opinion with something for everyone. What are you getting GAF?

May 7th
Resident Evil Village (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)

May 10th
Hood: Outlaws & Legends (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)

May 13th
Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)
Before We Leave (PC)

May 14th
Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (PS4, XB1, PC)
Subnautica (Switch)
Subnautica: Below Zero (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC, Switch)
Famicom Detective Club The Missing Heir & The Girl Who Stands Behind (Switch)

May 18th
Days Gone (PC)
Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Dry Twice (PS4, XB1, Switch)
Snowrunner (Switch)

May 19th
Aerial_Knight's Never Yield (PC, Switch)

May 21st
Knockout City (PS4, XB1, PC Switch)
Miitopia (Switch)
RUST (PS4, XB1)

May 25th
Biomutant (PS4, XB1, PC)
Maneater (Switch)
King of Seas (PS4, XB1, PC Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster (PS4, PC, Switch)

May 27th
Earth Defense Force: World Brothers (PS4, PC, Switch)
Oddworld: Collection (Switch)

May 28th
World's End Club (Switch)

*dates based on NA & EU regions

Kp2bLxR.png

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I didn't know Biomutant was this month, that World trailer made me more excited for it. The crazy Samsung colours are a bit mad but probably will look better natively I'm guessing, video compression isn't kind to saturated colours.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Thanks for the list. Pretty good month for game releases.

I already scheduled the Friday of Mass Effect's release off. Time to relive those masterpieces - all on PC this time around.

SoraNoKuni

SMT Nocturne and Biomutant are on my radar, but after spending 80 for returnal and still not having nier replicant I may get them next month.

I kinda like this year's releases...

Denton

Days Gone already bought, finally able to enjoy it at 60fps..

Mass Effect later on sale..and that's about it.

Humdinger

Thanks for the list.

I'm looking forward to the new Leisure Suit Larry. Looks pretty solid.

No, j/k. I'm trying to choose between Mass Effect and Biomutant. I'll probably go with Biomutant, simply because I've already played Mass Effect.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I just realised Viscerafest is out next month as well!

I don't list Early Access releases for these threads nor do I usually instantly jump on them from day 0 but with Viscerafest I'm making an exception to that rule. The demo impressed me loads what with its tight controls and spectacular soundtrack so along with RE this is actually one of my most hyped games for the first half of the year lol.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I definitely want to play Resident Evil 8 and Mass Effect, but I won't be giving EA my money on day1. Gonna wait for a first big sale (and for news on potential further censorship of the original material).

jaysius

Banned
King of seas looks good.
There’s a demo on Switch/Steam/Xbox, I can’t find it on the PSN store though.

Gives me Rebel Galaxy Outlaw but on the ocean vibes.

I‘m excited for it.

I was excited for RE:Villlage until I realized devs got lazy and bitched out again with the lazy “sneak from the unkillable enemy” mechanic from 7 that really stifled some of my fun and is lazy and annoying, we don’t need to run from an unkillable thing ALL THE FUCKING TIME Capcom, that’s what you’ve made RE but that’s NOT what it HAS to be, use other more fun mechanics ffs.

Dr.Morris79

There’s a demo on Switch/Steam/Xbox, I can’t find it on the PSN store though.

Gives me Rebel Galaxy Outlaw but on the ocean vibes.

I‘m excited for it.

I was excited for RE:Villlage until I realized devs got lazy and bitched out again with the lazy “sneak from the unkillable enemy” mechanic from 7 that really stifled some of my fun and is lazy and annoying, we don’t need to run from an unkillable thing ALL THE FUCKING TIME Capcom, that’s what you’ve made RE but that’s NOT what it HAS to be, use other more fun mechanics ffs.
Oh christ, is that really in RE8? Well thats just sunk that down to the 'cant be arsed' stage for me. I'll stick to king of seas I think!

Andyliini

Not on this list, but I'm looking forward to both Famicom Detective Club games. They are only sold as digital bundle here in Europe. Might also nab Shin Megame Tensei III Remake.

VN1X

Banned
Not on this list, but I'm looking forward to both Famicom Detective Club games. They are only sold as digital bundle here in Europe. Might also nab Shin Megame Tensei III Remake.
Added!

Saw those titles mentioned elsewhere and figured we wouldn't have weebs of that calibre on GAF but fair enough. :lollipop_wink_tongue:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
By the way I just noticed Mass Effect won't be getting a PS5/XSX physical release? What's up with that. I really wanted my PS5 box on the shelf.

Umbasaborne

Banned
By the way I just noticed Mass Effect won't be getting a PS5/XSX physical release? What's up with that. I really wanted my PS5 box on the shelf.

its a ps4 game that has some ps5 specific enhancements. More similar to god of war or days gone than something like avengers or the upcoming wreckfest

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
its a ps4 game that has some ps5 specific enhancements. More similar to god of war or days gone than something like avengers or the upcoming wreckfest
My bad, I don't know why I was under the impression it's gonna get released on next-gens as well insteading of being a BC title for them.

I didn't have much interest in Days Gone at PS4 release but after hearing so much about it over time I'm pretty hyped for the PC release. I'll try to get around to Mass Effect at some point too.

VN1X

Banned
And out of nowhere Maneater arrives on Steam! Will definitely pick it up at some point but have plenty of other things to play at the moment.

Top Bottom