• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monthly Release Dates: June 2021

VN1X

Banned

u6Vb7Qh.png

giphy.gif

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Go dimension-hopping with Ratchet and Clank as they take on an evil emperor from another reality.

For all four of you who own a PS5 it seems like you're in for another next-gen treat with Rift Apart! For the rest of us plebs we'll have to make due with such pitiful offerings as Ghost 'n Goblins Resurrection, Ninja Gaiden, FFVII Remake Intergrade Hyper Fighting Dash Extra (or whatever it's called, what is it even?) and Mario Golf: Super Rush. Remasters and remakes, riveting stuff! Hell, we've now reached a point where Nintendo themselves have gone "fuck it, make your own damn games!" with the release of Game Builder Garage (or Gamestudio as it's called over here). But I guess we'll take what we can get...

I'm only half joking of course as this month does seem really decent again as far as game releases go. I'll be picking up Mario Golf and the Ninja Gaiden collection myself but am going to wait until Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 drops in price a bit more. Even though I'm currently really enjoying the first game its sequel seems more like a map pack as opposed to a full blown new entry. Roguebook looks like its right up my alley as well but I'll give it a miss for now as I've still got plenty of Monster Train to play considering they just released a new expansion for that. I've gone ahead and cancelled my Necromunda: Hired Gun pre-order though as the devs have yet to show any proper gameplay for it and from what they have shown it's looking rather dire what with its janky animations, poor UI, shoddy level design and clunky movement. Maybe once it's down to a fiver I'll expose myself to the horrors of that title. Anyway, what are you picking up GAF?

June 1st
Ghosts 'n Goblins: Resurrection (PS4, XB1, PC)
Necromunda: Hired Gun (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)
Operation: Tango (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)
The Elder Scrolls Online - Blackwood (PS4, XB1, PC)
Virtua Fighter Ultimate Showdown (PS4)
Wreckfest (PS5)

June 4th
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (PS4, XB1, XSX, PC)
The Last Kids on Earth and the Staff of Doom (PS4, XB1, Switch, PC)

June 8th
Chivalry 2 (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)

June 10th
Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, PC)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)

June 11th
Game Builder Garage (Switch)
Guilty Gear Strive (PS4, PS5)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)

June 17th
Roguebook (PC)

June 22nd
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)

June 24th
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (PS4, PS5, XB1, Switch, PC)
Legend of Mana (PS4, Switch, PC)

June 25th
Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch)
Scarlet Nexus (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 (Switch)

June 29th
Curved Space (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, Switch, PC)
Destroy All Humans (Switch)
Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny (Switch)

*dates based on NA & EU regions

Kp2bLxR.png

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Mario Golf might be fun. Ratchet ships to me while I will be at the beach with the family and then on vacation with more family. Pre ordered a game I can't touch for 2 weeks.

Andyliini

I'll pick up Legend of Mana this month. I already preordered the physical edition from Play-Asia. Hope the game is good. Picking it up on Switch.

protonion

Ratchet, FFVII and Alex Kidd (nostalgia is big for this one plus as a kid I never finished the final dungeon).

Maybe Ninja Gaiden. I skipped them in the past.

I’d like to get Ninja Gaiden but I always hear bad things about the Sigma version.

Also hoping to play Legend of Mana and Necromunda at some point.

NahaNago

I'm only interested in disagaea 6, legend of mana, and ratchet and clank. It's been ages since I actually played a disgaea game so my interest in this game is kinda meh. The legend of mana remaster looks mostly great but the characters and npc's look terrible in comparison to the background. Like they just don't match at all. For Ratchet and clank it would be a day one but I don't have a ps5.

I totally forgot about scarlet nexus. I was originally interested in the game but for some odd reason I just lost all interest in it. I know originally I wasn't feeling the look of the environment of the world.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Legit excited for:

- Final Fantasy VII InterMISSION
- Legend of Mana HD Remastered
- Scarlet Nexus I guess

Kuranghi

Seeing THPS 1&2 Remastered is coming on Switch reminded me its £25.99 on EGS right now, but you get it for £15.99 with the current coupon deal. Its not going to be that price on console for ages I bet, even though I can get it for £25 on PS4 right now I don't see it going below £20 anytime soon.

The thing is, it probably runs better on the PS5 than it will on my PC and THPS is not the kind of game where I want to be fucking around with settings and tweaking it to get flawless 60fps (Even though the PS1 OG is 30fps ofc). No time for that because its an arcade game, I want to be playing the first level 2 minutes after I boot it.

Kuranghi

Very excited about Final Fantasy Intergrade and Legend of Mana. Ratchet looks fantastic as well, but I won't be there day 1. Lots of great stuff on PS5.

Not sure if you've looked into it, but I'm curious whats the best/cheapeast way to get this, I have the free og release through PS Plus Collection but I don't think that will get the upgrade for free or at all.

If it does and the intergrade-upgrade is £10-20 I'm fine with that but if its like £25+ then surely its better for me to just get a PS4 copy of the og release right now and upgrade it for £10?

I've not played the original since the PC release and I remember nothing except the motorbike sequence (lol) so I'm dying to hear more from this big wally:

Awesome voice acting!

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Only Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for me. Definitely hyped as it's the first current generation only game that I will be playing and from the looks of it, there's not many which is a shame.

SCB3

June 1st
Ghosts 'n Goblins: Resurrection (PS4, XB1, PC)
Necromunda: Hired Gun (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)
The Elder Scrolls Online - Blackwood (PS4, XB1, PC)

June 4th
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 (PS4, XB1, XSX, PC)

June 8th
Chivalry 2 (PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, PC)

June 10th
Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection (PS4, XB1, Switch, PC)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)

June 11th
Game Builder Garage (Switch)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)

June 24th
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX (PS4, PS5, XB1, Switch, PC)

June 25th
Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch)

Looking like an Expensive month, I guess I'll no doubt drop a few of these til sales,

wipeout364

Thanks I like these threads even though they often seemed to be frowned upon.

I am signed up for
Scarlet Nexus
Mario Golf
Necromunda (hope I don’t get burned) series x
Dungeons and Dragons series x

on the fence:
ghosts and goblins
Sniper 2

PS5 stuff will be at a discount next year, I’ve given up on getting a PS5 and think I will wait for a revision with a larger SSD Hopefully a 2 tb is coming at some point.

Mr Hyde

Not sure if you've looked into it, but I'm curious whats the best/cheapeast way to get this, I have the free og release through PS Plus Collection but I don't think that will get the upgrade for free or at all.

If it does and the intergrade-upgrade is £10-20 I'm fine with that but if its like £25+ then surely its better for me to just get a PS4 copy of the og release right now and upgrade it for £10?

You will not get the upgrade if you claimed FF 7 through PS Plus. Sony and Square was very clear about this. You can only get the upgrade if you have bought a physical or digital copy of FF 7 remake, and if you have, the upgrade is free of charge. However, the episode with Yuffie is a standalone dlc so you'll have to purchase that after you have upgraded your PS4-version of the game.

Ratchet and Chivalry 2 . Surprised more here aren't into Chivalry, it's so much fun and the beta won me over.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
TLOU2 won over 300 GOTY awards didn't it? Not much of a competition Bo.

Although I loved it so much, I prefer GoT more. But would agree that the production value is just so much bigger than GOT and the quality of storytelling is the peak of the gaming industry. Fans voted for GOT as GOTY though.

bender

What time is it?
Ghosts 'n Goblins: Resurrection (PS4): Waiting for a sale.
Virtua Fighter Ultimate Showdown (PS4): PS+
Wreckfest (PS5): PS+
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5): Free Upgrade
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5): Day 1
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (XSX): Gamepass
Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch): Probably Day 1
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 (Switch): Day 1 as long as the port is good.

Great thread.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
R&C and nothing else for me, planning to spend some time to play ME Legendary Edition from last month.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Anybody trying Sniper? Unlocks here soon.
Not until later. Still making my way through the first Contracts game and C2 seems like a glorified map pack imo. Not that there's anything wrong with that as Contracts is loads of fun but yeah... one to pick up on sale for me!

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Waiting on the PS5 version for Sniper Ghost Warrior.

Got the PS4 version of Chivalry 2 for almost 30 bucks and this allows for the free upgrade as well. Should arrive tomorrow.

Might not get R&C at launch and instead maybe next month depending on what I'm playing.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
bought:
Ratchet & Clank RA
FF7RI
Metro Exodus

thinking about buying Greedfall.

you forgot include Metro Exodus and Greedfall.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Huuuge week for the Switch, anybody going to the store and/or pushing buttons to download new releases?

Top Bottom