• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monthly Release Dates: April 2021

VN1X

Banned

6NcsyjU.png

iu

Returnal - Fight to survive in this third-person roguelike shooter.

April is Outriders month for me! With plenty on my backlog still left unplayed (making my way through the DOOM Eternal DLC now along with Duke 3D Randy Pitchford Edition) and Deathloop coming up in May I'm hoping to even make a dent in Outriders before the month is over. Please let me know if any dates or platforms are incorrect as to be honest, trying to get an accurate release date for any game these days feels like bloody rocket science! Anyway, what are you buying GAF?

April 1st
Outriders (PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, Stadia)

April 6th
Oddworld: Soulstorm (PC, PS4, PS5)
Star Wars Republic Commando (PS4, Switch)

April 8th
Borderlands 3: Director's Cut (PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX)

April 9th
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PC, Switch)

April 15th
SaGa Frontier Remastered (PC, PS4, Switch)

April 20th
MLB The Show 21 (XB1, XSX PS4, PS5)

April 22nd
Atelier Mysterious Trilogy Deluxe Pack (PC, PS4, Switch)
Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World (PS4, Switch)
MotoGP 21 (PC, PS4, PS5, XB1, XSX, Switch, Stadia)
Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife (VR)

April 23rd
Judgment - April 23 (PS5, XB1, XSX, Stadia)
Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139... (PC, PS4, XB1)

April 29th
Rome: Total War Remastered (PC)
R-Type Final 2 (PS4, XB1 , Switch)

April 30th
New Pokémon Snap (Switch)
Returnal (PS5)
Terminator: Resistance Enhanced (PS5)

*dates based on NA & EU regions

Kp2bLxR.png

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Great thread concept. April is actually a solid month. For me:

March 30 (I'm Cheating)
Disco Elysium - PS5

April 1st
Outriders - XSX via Gamepass

April 6th
Oddworld: Soulstorm - PS5 via PS Plus

April 23rd
Judgment - Going on my PS5 wishlist
Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - PS4

April 29th
Rome: Total War Remastered (PC) - Going on my Steam wishlist

April 30th
New Pokémon Snap (Switch)
Returnal (PS5) - Going on my PS5 wishlist
Terminator: Resistance Enhanced - Going on my PS5 wishlist

Kuranghi

So glad we're getting Soul Storm from PS Plus, otherwise I'd have to leave it on the backburner because I'm already paying out for It Takes Two, Returnal and RE8 within the next six (6) weeks. That + many birthdays and other non-gaming stuff means I have sapped all my fun-ds for this month.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Saga Frontier and Nier for me.

I mean yeah, I'll get those, but I know I'll just keep playing Monster Hunter Rise.

GHG

Gold Member
For me just these two:

• Oddworld: Soulstorm (PC, PS4, PS5)
  • Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139... (PC, PS4, XB1)
Would also have likely gotten Returnal if it wasn't so inappropriately priced but that's one for the future I guess.

Markio128

A new IP is always a good thing in my book, so I’m hoping that Returnal turns out to be another Sony banger. I have fond memories of playing Resogun and SuperStardust HD, both brilliant arcade shooters, early in the PS3’s and PS4’s life. Fingers crossed, Housemarque’s skills translate well to a big budget title. If Returnal turns out as polished and addictive as those 2 titles, I’ll be happy to splash the cash.

Moneal

Already got Outriders preordered. Will definitely get Saga Frontier, loved that game as a kid. Will definitely try out soulstorm via plus. Good month for me.

[Sigma]

Right now must haves for me are Returnal(of course if I can secure a PS5 by then), Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139... and SaGa Frontier Remastered.

I can't see myself going through Judgment again, ive done everything in the PS4 version. MLB: The Show 21 i'll consider of course but I won't commit right now to it. And i'll wait and see on Oddworld too. That's about it from that list.

renzero

Neo Member
Does Republic Commando have achievements on Xbox? I read the PS5 version will have trophies so does that mean they’ll patch those achievements into the Xbox version as well?

Bartski

Gold Member
I totally forgot Oddworld drops in PS+! I've only played a bit of Abe's Oddysey on PS1 but this could be really fun with the horsepower going into physics.
I'm still on the fence with Returnal. Replicant looks like something that could land on Game Pass soon, I'll wait.

SoraNoKuni

Nier replicant for sure and returnal... Though I don't know if I want to pay full price for it.. maybe will wait until I can find for mid 40 euros

sublimit

Banned
Nier Replicant is the only one that interests me. But i don't think i will have enough time to play it in April so i will probably grab it later.

NahaNago

Definitely Nier and maybe saga frontier. I do want to play oddworld but more like a someday. No ps5 still so no returnal.

Getting Returnal, New Pokemon Snap, Terminator, Outriders, and a few others. April-June is pretty stacked right now. Hopefully nothing else gets delayed.

MrS

Banned
Day one on Returnal and Nier. All of the first half of April will be taken up by Disco Elysium, of course.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Already paid for my fancy collectors edition of Nier. Other then that maybe Saga Frontier and Returnal based on reviews. Outriders I will try on Gamepass.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Only Outriders for me. Day one on Game Pass is an easy decision.

April is good month.

Hopefully time to finally dust off my PS5 and play Returnal and Oddworld. Outriders on PC/Xbox Series X. Solid month for me.

swaffles23

I cannot wait for Oddworld. One of my all time favorite game series and ive been wanting to see the quintology finished since I first read about it in the manual of Abe's Oddysee. Seeing this new quintology never finished would be devastating lol

Only two games, both remasters (Saga Frontier and Nier), but I am reeeeeally looking forward to them so I'm ok with it. Plus I have too many games to catch on up anyway so it's a nice breather.

graywolf323

Gold Member
for visual novel fans over on Switch there's also these two in April

April 8th - Island
April 9th - The House in Fata Morgana

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Looking forward to Oddworld and Returnal.

With Disco Elysium and Narita Boy releasing in the end of march i will have trouble to find enough time to play all those games.

I'm also tempted to by Terminator.

Last edited:
Top Bottom