• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne has surpassed more than 10 million copies sold worldwide

GymWolf

Nice!

But also, fuck the clutch claw.

Maybe it's because world was my first MH but i found the CC cool AF.

You still die like a moron if you use it in the wrong moment against many monsters

The counter clutch on the lance was chef kiss.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Congrats to the superior game.
When's mhw2?
The Rock Clapping GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Preloaded the PS5 version. Played a fair amount of MHW on Pro. Really dig Rise's style/vibe. Unlocks tomorrow if I'm not mistaken.
do you think rise will receive higher player count compared to iceborne?
Im thinking of getting rise.
I have rise on switch but played a lil because it runs like ass.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

I'm a solo player so..

Yeah it looked great but was put off regarding the 30fps snobby me. It's 40€ basic version. If it was more I would've waited. Need some bright cuteness in my life atm!

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

I would like co op. Seems very fun but only with nice friendly people.

Reizo Ryuu

Superior to Rise? How come.
Rise has a whole bunch of switch limitations built in that pretty much destroy the multiplayer experience compared to world.
And even smaller QoL things like hunter loadouts have only very recently been added to sunbreak, even though it was standard in World; and that's not counting just how insanely packed iceborne is with tons of content, and looking quite a bit better.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Rise has a whole bunch of switch limitations built in that pretty much destroy the multiplayer experience compared to world.
And even smaller QoL things like hunter loadouts have only very recently been added to sunbreak, even though it was standard in World; and that's not counting just how insanely packed iceborne is with tons of content, and looking quite a bit better.

Ahh I see. Well MP is no biggie for me ATM. Loadouts have been fixed now (?) Looks are subjective.... So only the MP is an issue right? Not being a smart ass. Genuine response.

Oh and the content

Last edited:

Deerock71

I got MH world and it has been in my backlog for years, I really wanna play it, but I fear I'm never be able to start it again because I vaguely played it with my daughter before she passed away last year.
As a father of 3...I have no words. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Kacho

Gold Member
I got MH world and it has been in my backlog for years, I really wanna play it, but I fear I'm never be able to start it again because I vaguely played it with my daughter before she passed away last year.
Well that’s fucking heavy. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I can’t imagine.

I had a similar thing happen with GTA San Andreas. Something bad happened when I was playing it and I couldn’t go back to it for years because playing would give me anxiety.

Reizo Ryuu

Looks are subjective....
Not really, it's not like they are using different art styles, all the monsters are downgraded visually from World, not just textures, but also effects and their actual polygon counts.
So only the MP is an issue right? Not being a smart ass. Genuine response.
No there's more, but it's smaller things that might be annoying if you've played a lot of world; the loadouts are there now for instance, but they still don't save the hunter wheel per loadout, so that's still annoying.
And just content wise sunbreak feels on the lighter end, especially with event quests and events in general.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Not really, it's not like they are using different art styles, all the monsters are downgraded visually from World, not just textures, but also effects and their actual polygon counts.

No there's more, but it's smaller things that might be annoying if you've played a lot of world; the loadouts are there now for instance, but they still don't save the hunter wheel per loadout, so that's still annoying.
And just content wise sunbreak feels on the lighter end, especially with event quests and events in general.

Nice info thanks. 👍🏼

But you're a veteran no?

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
That is absolutely awful. :(
My older brother lost his son at 2 years old, he would be 8 now :(
I always think about my little nephew, I dread to think how my brother feels.
No one should ever lose a child 😔

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thanks.

It stings alot more that she was only 4.

I guess it will always hurt no matter the years. But it just fucking haunts me every day.

Shit Mike... Missed your post. I'm so very sorry... I don't know what to say... My thoughts are with you brother. Much love and strength to you and everyone around you.

GymWolf

Superior to Rise? How come.
They are different, some prefer world, some prefer rise.

Rise is more immediate, arcade, mobility is way higher but that comes to the cost of making the game easier, maps are way simpler and it is easy to follow monsters but they feel like arenas instead of real intricate places like in world.

Some people love wirebugs, i personally hate them, The super moves are great but they feel like press a button to win in many cases, why do i have to carefully position myself with the hammer or search a sliding slope when i can just spam super attacks with basically no limits?

I had close to 1000 hours in world but i could not even finish rise and bailed out after 30 hours, this is how much i liked world over rise.

The only thing that i absolutely loved in rise are the switch moves mechanic, but tbh many of them were kinda useless.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
They are different, some prefer world, some prefer rise.

Rise is more immediate, arcade, mobility is way higher but that comes to the cost of making the game easier, maps are way simpler and it is easy to follow monsters but they feel like arenas instead of real intricate places like in world.

Some people love wirebugs, i personally hate them, The super moves are great but they feel like press a button to win in many cases, why do i have to carefully position myself with the hammer or search a sliding slope when i can just spam super attacks with basically no limits?

I had close to 1000 hours in world but i could not even finish rise and bailed out after 30 hours, this is how much i liked world over rise.

The only thing that i absolutely loved in rise are the switch moves mechanic, but tbh many of them were kinda useless.

Great indepth reply.

To be honoust. Sounds good to me. All I play are hard indepth games so if Rise is not that hardcore I'm fine with that. Always have world an install away.

GymWolf

Great indepth reply.

To be honoust. Sounds good to me. All I play are hard indepth games so if Rise is not that hardcore I'm fine with that. Always have world an install away.
Not in-depth at all.

I can talk about the differences for a day long but i'm at work.

GymWolf

Fuck i don't know what to say dude, that's beyond terrible.

Klosshufvud

Rise was absolutely a decisive downgrade from the masterpiece that was Iceborne. Nothing in Rise came close to the final closing hunts of Iceborne.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I thought this was about MHW and - while 10MIL is still pretty damn good - thought to myself "I feel like this game has had to do way more than that. The hype leading up to and aftermath of launch was insane."

. . .that it is about a freaking DLC makes more sense and is even more impressive. It sucks that RISE is doing so well, because I do not care for that game and want a return to opener-worlds of MHW (I'm sure it would be a technical nightmare, but one interconnected planet would be so awesome).

demigod

Great indepth reply.

The switch moves make Rise a harder game. Now with Sunbreak you actually can switch(wtf) between switch moves. I'm not a pro like the youtubers so I don't bother with this shit. Speaking as a longsword user, it's a pain in the ass to do some of the moves compared to World. Game mechanics, World was MUCH EASIER.

demigod

I thought this was about MHW and - while 10MIL is still pretty damn good - thought to myself "I feel like this game has had to do way more than that. The hype leading up to and aftermath of launch was insane."

. . .that it is about a freaking DLC makes more sense and is even more impressive. It sucks that RISE is doing so well, because I do not care for that game and want a return to opener-worlds of MHW (I'm sure it would be a technical nightmare, but one interconnected planet would be so awesome).
It's weird that both expansions only sold half of the main game. You'd think anyone that plays MHunter is a hardcore fan and would eat the expansion up.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The switch moves make Rise a harder game. Now with Sunbreak you actually can switch(wtf) between switch moves. I'm not a pro like the youtubers so I don't bother with this shit. Speaking as a longsword user, it's a pain in the ass to do some of the moves compared to World. Game mechanics, World was MUCH EASIER.

Conflicting experiences. I like it.

Klosshufvud

It's weird that both expansions only sold half of the main game. You'd think anyone that plays MHunter is a hardcore fan and would eat the expansion up.
It's not weird at all. 50% retention rate to a DLC requiring finished base game is highly impressive. A normal game doesn't even have close to 50% even finishing it.

Top Bottom