• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter World has shipped 16 million units and Resident Evil 3 Remake shipped 2.7 million units

Bodomism

Banned
Return of investment should be big given how much of a rush job it was and all the copy and paste
Capcom generated less profit than Konami gaming department. Basically Pachinko machines > MHW+RE games+DMCV.

Capcom operating profits is too low and sit at the bottom tier in AAA gaming industry.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I enjoyed RE3 for what it was, but a short action game with no survival horror elements is maybe a formula they should avoid in the future.

They put out RE2 and it was great, they had us all pre-sold on RE3, and now they put themselves in a position of not being in a pre-sold mindset going forward. I can't see that being worth it for the quick cash in.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Excellent game that deserves all the sales for bringing it to the masses, but I am sad that MHW slowly turned into a grind-fest.

Search this map for a chance to get a mission for this other clue and then do five of those and the baddie might appear. Hope your team doesn't cart early 🤷‍♀️

I say this as someone who sunk 1000+ hours into multiple MH titles, doing many of the other monotonous challenges in other MH games.

REE Machine

Banned
RE3 2,7 mill unit after 5 months is low for a multiplatform game

Isnt Ghost of Tsushima made 2,6 m digital copy sold in just 3 days ?

Capcom desicion to rush this game has damaged RE3 what a shame
That and its a shell of the first game with lots on content removed, they tried to appease to the hype of remake 2 coming out fast behind it but in the end they came out with a worse product and a shorter one at that.

Capcom generated less profit than Konami gaming department. Basically Pachinko machines > MHW+RE games+DMCV.

Capcom operating profits is too low and sit at the bottom tier in AAA gaming industry.

Capcom is one of the smallest publishers in the AAA space.

And no they're doing very well in regards to operating profits when you consider their size and output

Where are you getting your info? Konami's gaming/systems segment only brought in 1.8 billion yen.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

thats not so bad maybe they will think twice before half assing a new RE game.

Im a huge fan of the series but i still haven't bought 3 not even on the recent sale, just no desire to play it however im on full VILLAGE hype mode.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
RE3 got what deserve to even be called a proper remake.

Maybe next time they stick with the originals.

Azurro

Banned
A shame about RE3, but they did rush it and made it a very short game. I still want to buy it but when it's under 40 euro.

I actually really enjoyed RE3:R despite them taking so much content out of the game unfortunately, but this makes me wonder what direction RE4: Remake will go in?

FunkMiller

RE3 was a rushed out, cynical pos, so I’m glad its sales were slow. Hopefully they’ll learn from it with the RE4 remake.

GymWolf

They have no excuses, next monster hunter on next gen deserve the RE engine treatment, no more old ass engine for your biggest saga capcom.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Thats what happens when you take Monster Hunter out of the nintendo handheld ghetto.

Soodanim

Thats what happens when you take Monster Hunter out of the nintendo handheld ghetto.
It's crazy how claw grip restricted Minster Hunter was for all those years. It was obvious it deserved better, and now look at it.

Damn shame that one of my favourite games ever got remade by a company that's done a decent job two different ways in the same series, but made some poor cuts and changes thay affected the end result. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it and get my money's worth, but I'm a series fan from the old days.

Bodomism

Banned
Capcom is one of the smallest publishers in the AAA space.

And no they're doing very well in regards to operating profits when you consider their size and output

Where are you getting your info? Konami's gaming/systems segment only brought in 1.8 billion yen.
yrOSFCK.jpg

Too small and weak

yurinka

It isn't low sales. It means that in 5 months became one of the top 25 best selling games ever in Capcom history. Ghost of Tsushima is the best selling launch for a PS4 new IP, it isn't a fair comparision.

LarknThe4th

How they handled Re3 remake was a disgrace, it deserves to disappoint sales wise, to serve as an example

Resident Evil 4 is their Opus as a company so they wont want to harm it, but honestly I think cuts are coming to it

I hope they dont fuck it up its gaming Hey Jude(long and masterful, all killer no filler)

I'm sorry. Did i misread it? All revenue is not included?

That chart shows the profits from their digital entertainment segment (mobile/console games)

Their pachinkos and all that fall under the gaming/systems segment

For perspective, at the end of this financial year their gaming/system segment earned 1.8 billion yen in profit while their digital entertainment segment earned 48.8 billion yen in profit

Last edited:

Arachnid

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well I enjoyed RE3 but it's still not on par with RE2remake.
Should got the same people on it, I know the original director was onboard but it both producers of RE7 that handle it.

Klayzer

That chart shows the profits from their digital entertainment segment (mobile/console games)

Their pachinkos and all that fall under the gaming/systems segment

For perspective, at the end of this financial year their gaming/system segment earned 1.8 billion yen in profit while their digital entertainment segment earned 48.8 billion yen in profit
Cool. I appreciate the civil response.

Great Hair

Banned
That's what RE3 deserves. I think that was my biggest let down this gen.

EDIT: Second biggest after Mass Effect Andromeda.

C´mon!

Did RE3 make you crawl through a hospital for like an hour? Sit in a jeep and talk to a boss? What about the switcheroo that made no sense in any way? The monotonous gameplay of gathering Intel ....

SuperGooey

Nice to see RE3 underperform.
It sounds shitty, but I feel the same way. :/ It's a shame. With another 8 months of development make Nemesis more dynamic, extend the city exploration, and include a proper Mercenaries mode, RE3R had a lot of potential to be one of the best!

Arachnid

C´mon!

Did RE3 make you crawl through a hospital for like an hour? Sit in a jeep and talk to a boss? What about the switcheroo that made no sense in any way? The monotonous gameplay of gathering Intel ....
I'm still pissed about MGSV, but even it didn't come close to dropping the ball as hard as RE3 and Andromeda. It let me down narratively, which is a big deal for Metal Gear. The gameplay was fun as hell (insanely diluted from previous entries and still somewhat of a let down, but fun).

Hell yes. Well deserved. Now close in on 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom