• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Stories 2 - Story Trailer

RoboFu

One of the green rats
One of few fakes from e3 I am really interested in and I don’t even like monster hunter.

Jeeves

I've never played any Monster Hunter before, but this looks good. Is this a direct continuation of Story 1, or can I jump in with this one?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We got to play through the first two chapters of Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin on Nintendo Switch, and so far it appears to be more of what we loved about the first with a few tweaks and additions largely intended to address some common criticisms.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Saddle up for an unforgettable adventure, filled with mythical monsters, brave characters, and ominous mysteries! Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin takes flight on Nintendo Switch and Steam on July 9th.

Get a glimpse of our post-launch roadmap of free updates, including the Palamute from Monster Hunter Rise, a co-op quest to battle the Kulve Taroth, and powerful additional Monsties!

Start your journey early on Nintendo Switch with the Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Trial Ver., and take your story progress into the full game, at launch!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In classic JRPG fashion, Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin contains a vast valley of mechanics that are explained with tutorials that just scratch the surface. There's a lot of great self-discovery to be had if you dig deeper, but here are 17 tips MHS2 doesn't tell you that you should know that will guide any player.

Pejo

Is anybody playing this game? It's so sad that we get threads about console wars but never any quality active game |OT|s anymore. If anybody else is interested in discussing, I will make one I guess.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin's first free update introduces a new monstie: Palamute. The new monstie is available as part of Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin's Version 1.1.0 update, which also includes bug fixes to the game's text, and other adjustments.

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is available on PC and Nintendo Switch.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the trailer for Monster Hunter Stories 2 for a look at what to expect with the latest update featuring a co-op battle against Kulve Taroth, along with the new Hellblade Glavenus monstie and Boltreaver Astalos monstie, and more.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

New quests and chilling new monsties arrive in the latest update for Monster Hunter Stories 2, including Soulseer Mizutsune, Elderfrost Gammoth, and Oroshi Kirin. Check out the trailer for a look at the adorable, and fearsome new monsties in action ahead of their arrival on September 2. Additionally, new quests will be available on September 16, 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the trailer for a look at what to expect with the free updates coming to Monster Hunter Stories 2, including the arrival of new monsters such as Fatalis, Dreadking Rathalos, and more.

Gear up to challenge the legendary black dragon Fatalis in a High Difficulty Co-Op Quest coming on October 21.

Update 4 arrives on September 30, featuring Molten Tigrex and High Difficulty Kulve Taroth. Dreadking Rathalos will be available on October 7.

Update 5 is coming on October 21, featuring the High Difficulty Co-Op Quest against Fatalis. Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian are coming on October 28.

Top Bottom