• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise will use Denuvo

Bullet Club

Monster Hunter Rise will use Denuvo, PC demo releases today, new 4K PC gameplay footage​

YouTube’s ‘gaijin hunter’ has shared a video, showing 8 minutes of gameplay footage from the PC version of Monster Hunter Rise. The YouTuber had early access to the PC demo that will come out later today. Thus, this video will give you an idea of what you can expect from it.

Monster Hunter Rise is a co-op Action RPG that aims to elevate the series with brand new gameplay features, such as your new buddy Palamutes, the versatile Wirebugs, Switch Skills, Wyvern Riding, and the all-new quest type, the Rampage.

The PC version will feature high-resolution HD textures and uncapped framerates. Moreover, it will have optimized keyboard & mouse controls, voice chat, support for 21:9 monitors, as well as some other PC optimizations.

Do note that the game will be using the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. Capcom also claims that there will be a limit activation (only five different PC activations per day). So, let’s hope that MHR won’t suffer from the same stuttering issues that initially plagued Resident Evil Village.

You will be able to download the demo from its official Steam store page (once it goes live).

Monster Hunter Rise will release on PC on January 12th, 2022. Here are also its official PC system requirements!

Source: DSOG

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Its great that more people get play this game, Rise is definitely my personal favourite MH game.

But I think I will stick with my Switch version. I don’t have gaming PC and even if I did I already put more than 300 hours in to the game, I don’t want to lose all of that.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Tales of Arise launched on PC without Denuvo and became the fastest selling tales games...

The only people this punishes is legitimate paying customers, and if the backlash from GOG's Hitman debacle wasn't obvious enough there is enough people who really care about this.

God I hate "it has no impact on preformance, NO PLEASE DONT COMPARE THE RE2 REMAKE WITH AND WITHOUT SIDE BY SIDE, JUST TRUST US!" Denuvo"

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Played the demo and it's great. Does look very similar to the switch version. I'll buy it if my friend likes it. Already own it on switch.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Played the demo and it's great. Does look very similar to the switch version. I'll buy it if my friend likes it. Already own it on switch.
Well it make sense, Rise made from ground up with Switch in mind, this is why Rise on Switch actually had better performance compare to World on base PS4.

Also some people like to complain about Rise’s map being much more “basic” compare to World but thanks to that Rise can have Leviathan class monsters while World can’t.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
Well it make sense, Rise made from ground up with Switch in mind, this is why Rise on Switch actually had better performance compare to World on base PS4.

Also some people like to complain about Rise’s map being much more “basic” compare to World but thanks to that Rise can have Leviathan class monsters while World can’t.
Yeah, I didn't care for world, but loved Rise. The environments are great, and the new mechanics make traversal fun.

YukiOnna

Rise's maps may be basic, but they are pretty as heck and the hunts are thrilling.

Last edited:

SSfox

Well it maybe not that a bad of and idea tbh when i see how some Mods ruined the spirit of some games.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Its great that more people get play this game, Rise is definitely my personal favourite MH game.

But I think I will stick with my Switch version. I don’t have gaming PC and even if I did I already put more than 300 hours in to the game, I don’t want to lose all of that.
21:9 support

that
Is
All

Ellery

It is the worst that buying costumers have to pay the price for the fear of the publisher, because of a few pirates.

I mean Monster Hunter Rise probably runs well on all kinds of hardware, but the performance reduction and loading times are still noticeable

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Here's my new theroy, Capcom wanted Crossplay and Crosssave but Denuvo didn't allow for it as at the setting Capcom use it at (max restrict all X-TREME fuck your customers) as it might introduce a backdoor to allow filthy pirates to play the title without putting up with the stutters.

Hot take based on nothing but I like it more than blaming actual devs not knowing wtf there doing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom