• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise |OT| A Whole New World

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I got all his armour sets and its weapon but my GOD this guy give me so much trouble.
img01.png

Pejo

What the fuck at that ending lol. He puts down a bomb then counter blocks himself to charge up a silk skill wyvern ammo shot!?!?

Definitely a lot of skill on show in this vid. Cool stuff.

What's with naked gunners in Rise btw? I've run into several already in multi. Is there some skill or stat that gets a huge buff if you don't have armor on?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Basically every Hammer I want now requires a Wyvern Gem and I've gotten zero so far :messenger_loudly_crying:

Finally changed up my armor to Dober. Set skills are kind of lackluster so far and I'll have to rely mostly on decos.

Anjanath gloves are easy to make and got attack 2 and slugger 2.

F31 Leopard

Since there's no Jho or Bazel I was wondering how to make Power and Armor talon. Need
Ibushi claw +
I never thought much about Rampage but I had to grind
Ibushi
15 times to get a certain drop twice. It's really fun once you and your teammates know what you're doing. Rampage is way better than Lao and Zora fights.

Last edited:
I got all his armour sets and its weapon but my GOD this guy give me so much trouble.
img01.png
He's so much easier now with the wirebug. I said it earlier in the thread but the wirebug is a complete game changer for a Charge Blade user, because it allows so much more mobility than you're used to. I remember barely defeating Rajang in time on PC, but in Rise I was able to zip around and actually smack his tail when he's enraged. In PC I rarely had that opportunity to get behind him lol

Same goes for Barioth. From a murderous sabertooth monster to a mewling pussycat.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
img01.png
Is he supposed to be the invader in Rise? He has appeared in some of my 5* hub quests, but all he does is stay in it's place and sleep.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
He's so much easier now with the wirebug. I said it earlier in the thread but the wirebug is a complete game changer for a Charge Blade user, because it allows so much more mobility than you're used to. I remember barely defeating Rajang in time on PC, but in Rise I was able to zip around and actually smack his tail when he's enraged. In PC I rarely had that opportunity to get behind him lol

Same goes for Barioth. From a murderous sabertooth monster to a mewling pussycat.
I was using LS against him and timing my counters against his attacks can be rough at times.

edit: I finally beat the last boss and now I need to do some side quests and other lower rank quests I didn't finish and I will be done for now.

Last edited:

nerdface

Banned
Am I the only one that likes to show up to the party in style, riding one of the other monsters?

seems like I do lots more damage vs two monsters anyway 😃

Am I the only one that likes to show up to the party in style, riding one of the other monsters?

seems like I do lots more damage vs two monsters anyway 😃
I don't know how you mount a second monster that fast lol. I've seen people doing it and it is indeed a nice entrance.

TimeShinigami

Neo Member
Quick question: I have no access to WiFi due to my living conditions; would this game be worth getting as a single player experience and when I can't download any updates? I am really interested in this game (I've never played a Monster Hunter before), but would hate to feel like I've gotten less than a whole experience.

nerdface

Banned
It's endemic life that will let you wyvern ride a monster as soon as they get hit by it.

Which one? The stink bug just helps get them to fight, which makes them rideable.

I should learn where all the end. life on the levels are. They seem to be in the same place every time.

trickybiff

Which one? The stink bug just helps get them to fight, which makes them rideable.

I should learn where all the end. life on the levels are. They seem to be in the same place every time.
Yeah the endemic life doesn't move on the map. The only reason you wouldn't see one somewhere is if you or a hunter in your session picked it up.

The only other one I can think of is the puppet spider, but I have never had an immediate mount after using it.

Eevee86

I also finished with my Long Sword build, it took lots of grinding especially for Anjanath Gem. I think I hunt Anjanath 100 times for him to finally drop that damn gem.
ntubs1y.jpg
I decided I wanted a gem for it and got it my first hunt lol.

Pejo

Any of you guys playing with voice chat with friends? I'm looking at the various ways to do it, but none of them seem good. Most of the ideas i have are using external platforms, so I woudn't be able to hear the game audio with headphones on.

Brazen

Quick question: I have no access to WiFi due to my living conditions; would this game be worth getting as a single player experience and when I can't download any updates? I am really interested in this game (I've never played a Monster Hunter before), but would hate to feel like I've gotten less than a whole experience.

Not connected my switch online in a few months so I can say the game plays mostly fine without any patchwork. There are some minor bugs here or there mind you and the only thing where it's impacted me is the game has crashed twice in roughly 90 hours of play (both crashes happening from opening the character/palico appearance settings after long hours of play). The game has an autosave so I didn't lose any progress, just the minor annoyance of having to restart the game. On that note I am nearing the endgame with 90 hours of play, admittedly I'm a slower player as I like to take my time. However I'm a veteran since MH3U so it's safe to say you will have plenty to experience with this purchase, and your money will be well spent if you end up enjoying MH.

As a newcomer to MH I'd say Rise is indeed your best bet to get into the series. The village quest are well tuned for beginners so stick to them until you get all the basics, familiarity with your chosen weapon(s), etc. I strongly recommend hitting the training area and try each of the weapons until you find one that you like.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
You can play the hub quests solo. Just know they will be much harder.

R6Rider

Gold Member
So after hitting the zenny wall, I started doing this run today for money. After three runs I am up to almost 1 million.

I did this once so far, and even messing up the route a few times (plus didn't have a camp unlocked), I still made out with over 200k before the locale info changed.

I won't be grinding this method, but if I see an upsurge for mining outcrops I'll do it.

Last edited:

trickybiff

I did this once so far, and even messing up the route a few times (plus didn't have a camp unlocked), I still made out with over 200k before the locale info changed.

I won't be grinding this method, but if I see and upsurge for mining outcrops I'll do it.
I was actually extremely fortunate to have 3 straight mining outcrop upsurges in a row for it. So I got the route down pretty well now. I even found one more outcrop in the lava area that is a bit of a pain to reach but added to it

nerdface

Banned
Yeah the endemic life doesn't move on the map. The only reason you wouldn't see one somewhere is if you or a hunter in your session picked it up.

The only other one I can think of is the puppet spider, but I have never had an immediate mount after using it.

lol, I just found one at the top of a hill, and there were already two monsters below, one mounted...I jumped down, used the spider and it laid like a trap...then I had the regular attack to wyvernride prompt

both monsters were mounted and we got to fight each other 😃

materials everywhere, lol videogames

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ve had a blast playing it solo. I don’t have Nintendo Online. I am still playing it. About 20 hours and I’m still grinding for better gear. I don’t exactly need to play multiplayer. I could see where it would be a blast with friends, but it’s not impossible to do solo. It takes me a good 10 minutes to down a large monster by myself. The harder monsters give and take. Otherwise it’s been a blast playing solo. I don’t ever feel like I need to call for help or in other words, fire out an SOS (MHW) for help either. The hub quest just feel like hard mode. By the time you do all the stuff given to you, you might not even care.

Its almost like Destiny in a way. Perfectly fine doing it all solo, but the added players makes it a whole different experience. I don’t think you miss as much content playing solo in MhR as you would with Destiny.

Top Bottom