• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise is Coming to PC in 2022

Astorian

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm going to get this on Switch for sure, so here's hoping for some way of transfering the save.

TheGejsza

Well I would buy Switch version if there would be 60 FPS. Cool that I'll get to play it on PC. I am curious how much they can scale up the graphic although higher res and 60FPS would be enough for me.

I mean, we already knew this, but it's good that it's 100% confirmed now I guess. Looking forward to playing it in glorious 60fps

SinDelta

All the games belong to PC.
star trek borg GIF

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I almost was going buy that new Mario switch but then Newegg sent me a e-mail deal for a new GPU and I couldn't pass that up

This works out nicely

Wasn't it always a game for handheld consoles tho. If anything, the switch seems much more like its home.
PC version must be due to how extremely popular World became on steam.

Code base must be pretty much the same for PS5 and Bone once you've done the PC conversion. Even if it was a lazy Capcom port.

I guess Capcom doesn't want to fire up their money machine.

Pejo

I will probably double dip. We'll see. It's going to be hard to go back to 30 FPS with frequent dips, but I don't know if I can wait until next year to play it....

I guess there's nothing wrong with having a portable current gen MH.

Guilty_AI

Code base must be pretty much the same for PS5 and Bone once you've done the PC conversion. Even if it was a lazy Capcom port.

I guess Capcom doesn't want to fire up their money machine.
Well, maybe they want to wait for the PS5/XSX to become more main stream before making an annoucement. And don't want to bother make a port for consoles on their way to being discontinued.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
PC keep getting all the games, it become the neutral ground that third party console exclusive will also come to PC

I would say it’s more to do with the user base in countries like China where most consoles cannot even be sold. It’s way too big for publishers to ignore.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Now I wish I never played the demo. No way I'm waiting a whole year after playing that.

Rathalos

Banned
Awesome, I already have it preordered on Switch and I'm too hyped to cancel and wait a year, but I can't wait to play it at 144FPS.

Guilty_AI

I would say it’s more to do with the user base in countries like China where most consoles cannot even be sold. It’s way too big for publishers to ignore.
Didn't the PC version of Monster Hunter World got pulled/banned from china though? I doubt they'd be targeting the chinese public after that.

Mr.ODST

Been offered a new Switch (new SKU) + Bowsers Fury, Mario Kart, Odyseey, Age of Calamity, Bravely Default 2 and Animal Crossing for 570 pound

Tempted as I wanted to play MH Rise

EDMIX

No PS5 / BoneX version? Seems odd... especially given the fanbase.

Probably going to happen the next following year.

Guilty_AI Guilty_AI "Wasn't it always a game for handheld consoles tho" Monster Hunter started as a PS2 game. No where in the series is any concept solely about moving around to argue "for handheld" as if the concept can only work on a portable or something. So the fanbase exist on many platforms and I see zero reason why this game couldn't sell on PC, PS, XB etc. They will likely port it to PS4 and XONE the following year and simply make a next gen patch or something.

The best selling Monster Hunter game in the series history isn't a portable one, its Monster Hunter World........the one that exist on PS, PC and XB so....

Mr.ODST Mr.ODST Thats a good ass price, take it. Solid titles too.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Probably going to happen the next following year.

Guilty_AI Guilty_AI "Wasn't it always a game for handheld consoles tho" Monster Hunter started as a PS2 game. No where in the series is any concept solely about moving around to argue "for handheld" as if the concept can only work on a portable or something. So the fanbase exist on many platforms and I see zero reason why this game couldn't sell on PC, PS, XB etc. They will likely port it to PS4 and XONE the following year and simply make a next gen patch or something.

The best selling Monster Hunter game in the series history isn't a portable one, its Monster Hunter World........the one that exist on PS, PC and XB so....

Mr.ODST Mr.ODST Thats a good ass price, take it. Solid titles too.
Well, i've always heard it was most popular among portable platforms like PSP and 3DS before World came out.
Either way, its not like i'm trying to argue it should remain on the switch. Don't know why they didn't say anything about PS/XB versions neither. JP devs often have weird schedules in terms of the platform they choose to release their games, so who knows.

EDMIX

Well, i've always heard it was most popular among portable platforms like PSP and 3DS before World came out.
Either way, its not like i'm trying to argue it should remain on the switch. Don't know why they didn't say anything about PS/XB versions neither. JP devs often have weird schedules in terms of the platform they choose to release their games, so who knows.

They probably just want to give the developer time to port it over and not overwhelm them. If anything, look at FFVII HD, when it came to Steam, its not like they had a Switch, PS4, XONE version ready day and date. It wasn't to say it wasn't coming, simply not yet.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If they do come to PS4/5 then I will double dip, but there is no way in hell I'm missing this game out at launch. currently I put close to 90 hours in the demo, I'm too hype for this game to wait a year.

Rathalos

Banned
If they do come to PS4/5 then I will double dip, but there is no way in hell I'm missing this game out at launch. currently I put close to 90 hours in the demo, I'm too hype for this game to wait a year.

The demo was my first entry to the series, so I put 80 hours into MHGU instead to learn the game and I absolutely cannot wait to start fresh with everyone this time around.

Top Bottom