• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise has now sold more than 12 million units worldwide

Brazen

Monster Hunter Rises!

Haven't played mine since release, need to jump back in to check out all the updates/etc.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I had never played Monster Hunter before, but when Rise came to Game Pass I thought I’d give it a try… and 25 hours later I’M HOOKED.

I love the gameplay loop. Just a pure, classic, straight up FUN formula.

It’s so damn charming and cozy too, with the palicos and palamutes and dango and the adorable cinematics that play when you order food at a canteen, etc…. So good! Even the monsters are super charming.

Last edited:

gow3isben

Is it weird that I thought Monster Hunter World’s story was one of the top 5 game stories last gen? Everyone shits on it but I love all the badass characters and corny dialogue and epic action scenes.

Can’t wait to dig in to rise soon.

kikii

"I can't comprehend the appeal of something and therefore it is bad"
graphics are on PS3 level even DLSS on, no minimap to tell u where to go, cant play with friends atleast not on PC xboxapp but gives u option to create lobby but ur friend cant find it and so on, also running animation is like u are stunned with some debuff I can even walk faster in RL :D

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
graphics are on PS3 level even DLSS on, no minimap to tell u where to go, cant play with friends atleast not on PC xboxapp but gives u option to create lobby but ur friend cant find it and so on, also running animation is like u are stunned with some debuff I can even walk faster in RL :D
Is the minimap disabled on PC by default on something? It should be the bottom left of your screen and it tells you exactly where the monster you're hunting is as soon as you start the mission either as it's icon or a big question mark if you haven't encountered it before. Hell, there's even a button to zoom in on the minimap so you can get more detailed icons in your immediate area if needs be. Also not sure what you're talking about with the run animations but I'm suspicious you never found the run button. Besides, you should be using your wirebugs or riding your dog for traversing the map unless you're actively fighting a monster. But yes, the graphics are a step down especially from World because it was designed for the Switch and you're playing a port from that, but in my opinion they did some downright wizardry to get it to look as good as it does for that console.

0YvSczm.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is the minimap disabled on PC by default on something? It should be the bottom left of your screen and it tells you exactly where the monster you're hunting is as soon as you start the mission either as it's icon or a big question mark if you haven't encountered it before. Hell, there's even a button to zoom in on the minimap so you can get more detailed icons in your immediate area if needs be. Also not sure what you're talking about with the run animations but I'm suspicious you never found the run button. Besides, you should be using your wirebugs or riding your dog for traversing the map unless you're actively fighting a monster. But yes, the graphics are a step down especially from World because it was designed for the Switch and you're playing a port from that, but in my opinion they did some downright wizardry to get it to look as good as it does for that console.

0YvSczm.jpg
He probably got stuck in the village going by the IQ displayed here. No mini map there lol. Probably needs a mini map of his house on the phone at all times 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

OuterLimits

I suck so bad at MH, but love the series. Even MH Stories.(which I obviously suck less at since it is turn based and easy)

kikii

He probably got stuck in the village going by the IQ displayed here. No mini map there lol. Probably needs a mini map of his house on the phone at all times 🤷‍♂️
yeah make fun of me but whats the point of playing a game where u dunno where to go ?? ^^

kikii

0YvSczm.jpg
and it looks bad like i said just my opinion no need to get triggered abt that =)

Wooxsvan

so in nov 2022 we got sales update of 11.2mill. guess this latest release not doing as well as they thought?

Top Bottom