• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3: Campaign Remastered Could Release On All Platforms Simultaneously

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A new leak from MW2Ghost has revealed that Modern Warfare 3: Campaign Remastered could launch on all platforms simultaneously. The news comes after Activision has reportedly broken their contract with Sony for the upcoming title.

Should the news be true, Call of Duty fans on Xbox and PC could be in for a treat if Modern Warfare 3: Campaign Remastered actually happens. Many fans regard the final game in the Modern Warfare trilogy to be one of the best, and after the huge success of Modern Warfare 2: Campaign Remastered another remaster is surely on the cards at Activision.

ACTIVISION REPORTEDLY BREAKS CONTRACT WITH SONY​

On July 25th, MW2Ghost, a reliable leaker in the Call of Duty community revealed that Activision may have broken their contract with Sony when it comes to a possible campaign remaster for Modern Warfare 3.

As many fans will know, Activision has had a contract with Sony ever since Black Ops 3 was released in 2015. The deal means PlayStation users receive exclusive Call of Duty content prior to its release on platforms such as Xbox and PC.

When Activision remastered the campaign for Modern Warfare 2 back in 2020, the contract between Activision and Sony allowed PlayStation users to get their hands on the popular remaster a whole month before Xbox and PC users. Modern Warfare 2: Campaign Remastered was released for PlayStation 4 on March 31st, 2020, followed by an Xbox and PC release on April 30th, 2020.

If the report from MW2Ghost is to be believed, Activision may be planning on launching a remastered version of Modern Warfare 3 on all platforms simultaneously. It’s unclear if this rumor could mark the end of the Sony and Activision contract, but it certainly seems like good news for fans.

I feel like only the first MW remaster was treated like a full new game. MW2R we got on PS+ after only 2 months on the store lol. After something like that I dont plan to pay for MW3R either.

Kuranghi

Was MW3 the one where you could beat the first level without ever firing and all the cinematic moments where you were on a turret completed themselves? I still haven't played the remasters of 1 or 2, they looked pretty cool.

Crew511A

COD needs to roll out the big guns this year. MW2R Multiplayer would do it. MW3R multiplayer would do it as well. Campaigns? Meh.

If they're trotting out another WW2 game, that's an easy pass for me this year.

Reactions: RNG

Stuart360

Campaign on Call of Duty :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You would be surprised how many gamers play the campaign.
I cant remember if it was around the launch of Ghosts, or Advanced Warfare, but Activision in an interview was asked why they keep adding a campaign in COD 'the poster child for MP', and Activision said about 55% of all COD owners never touch the MP.
Now that percentage has almost certainly changed in the last few years, but its also obvious that many gamers still play the campaigns in COD, even buy the game just for the campaign.

Droxcy

Sounds good I mean it would be in Activistions best interest. MW2 into MW3 was a perfect transition, I know they’ll bundle it with the new cod I’ll most likely wait for the solo release.

HTK

Banned
You would be surprised how many gamers play the campaign.
I cant remember if it was around the launch of Ghosts, or Advanced Warfare, but Activision in an interview was asked why they keep adding a campaign in COD 'the poster child for MP', and Activision said about 55% of all COD owners never touch the MP.
Now that percentage has almost certainly changed in the last few years, but its also obvious that many gamers still play the campaigns in COD, even buy the game just for the campaign.

I'm not debating how many people play the campaign, I'm strictly debating is Call of Duty Campaign actually good, in my opinion not even close.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Im in the minority. I love WWII and cant wait for MP. As for MW3 remastered campaign, who cares. Did tons of people buy the MW2 campaign?

If this rumour is true, looks like Activision is going to toss in occasional remastered campaigns as fillers going forward.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Deny Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Honestly? Me.

I just went through COD4 and MW2, and had an absolute blast with MW2 campaign. It was fun.

Would love to play MW3 and see how it ends. Never played it.
Wow dude yea you gotta. Playing through a modern WW3 is fucking awesome. And it'll hopefully look really great remastered.

wvnative

I love the MW campaigns, it will be nice to complete the trilogy on current gen platforms

Please release disc version so I can buy used because eff Activision

kingfey

Banned
Isnt this a distraction from their recent lawsuit?

They could have announced in the summer. Yet they conveniently released this, when they had lawsuit on their arse.

Justin9mm

"All platforms", but no Switch version.
It's a lot of work to get AAA games ported to Switch, nothing against the Switch itself but it's so under-powered you can't honestly expect a lot of AAA titles, even older remastered ones. A Switch is for 1st Party titles. If you want third party AAA games buy a console.

MAtgS

It's a lot of work to get AAA games ported to Switch, nothing against the Switch itself but it's so under-powered you can't honestly expect a lot of AAA titles, even older remastered ones. A Switch is for 1st Party titles. If you want third party AAA games buy a console.
It's a game that was on 360, just port the old version.

Bryank75

Banned
MW3 was trash, really ruined the MW games for me at the time. Glad they rebooted. That one is better off forgotten.

Banned
honest question tho... does anyone even really care about MW3 remastered?

MW3 always felt like some fan made level pack for MW2... it was so much copy/paste it's ridiculous.

wasn't MW3 the game where they famously literally reused multiple assets from the first 2 MW games?

Last edited:

EDMIX

A new leak from MW2Ghost has revealed that Modern Warfare 3: Campaign Remastered could launch on all platforms simultaneously. The news comes after Activision has reportedly broken their contract with Sony for the upcoming title.

Should the news be true, Call of Duty fans on Xbox and PC could be in for a treat if Modern Warfare 3: Campaign Remastered actually happens. Many fans regard the final game in the Modern Warfare trilogy to be one of the best, and after the huge success of Modern Warfare 2: Campaign Remastered another remaster is surely on the cards at Activision.

ACTIVISION REPORTEDLY BREAKS CONTRACT WITH SONY​

On July 25th, MW2Ghost, a reliable leaker in the Call of Duty community revealed that Activision may have broken their contract with Sony when it comes to a possible campaign remaster for Modern Warfare 3.

As many fans will know, Activision has had a contract with Sony ever since Black Ops 3 was released in 2015. The deal means PlayStation users receive exclusive Call of Duty content prior to its release on platforms such as Xbox and PC.

When Activision remastered the campaign for Modern Warfare 2 back in 2020, the contract between Activision and Sony allowed PlayStation users to get their hands on the popular remaster a whole month before Xbox and PC users. Modern Warfare 2: Campaign Remastered was released for PlayStation 4 on March 31st, 2020, followed by an Xbox and PC release on April 30th, 2020.

If the report from MW2Ghost is to be believed, Activision may be planning on launching a remastered version of Modern Warfare 3 on all platforms simultaneously. It’s unclear if this rumor could mark the end of the Sony and Activision contract, but it certainly seems like good news for fans.

lol I like how its like "breaks contract" we don't fucking know all the details regarding such deals.

Its likely it just lapsed and its over or doesn't include this title etc.

if they pull the same thing they did with mw2 ie no multiplayer or co op this will be a waste since the spec ops, MP, "horde mode" and the map creator thing are what makes up mw3 mw3 has the shortest cod campaign out of the entire franchise minus BO4

MW3 always felt like some fan made level pack for MW2... it was so much copy/paste it's ridiculous.

wasn't MW3 the game where they famously literally reused multiple assets from the first 2 MW games?
Think that was COD: Ghosts 😄

Knightime_X

Where is my Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer remaster?
No fucking bs loot trash either.
Just give me rage inducing n00b tunes, vanilla akimbo 1886 and all the 100% organic horseshit that gave you a massive boner on a daily basis!
Add in hacked lobbies like 18 player free for all as well.

holy shit that was stupid fun.

Last edited:

Kydd BlaZe

Where is my Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer remaster?
No fucking bs loot trash either.
Just give me rage inducing n00b tunes, vanilla akimbo 1886 and all the 100% organic horseshit that gave you a massive boner on a daily basis!
Add in hacked lobbies like 18 player free for all as well.

holy shit that was stupid fun.
Can’t forget commando knife lunge

Anyway, the COD4 & MW2 campaigns have always been super popular. They’re the ultimate “turn your brain off and just enjoy the blockbuster action” type of experiences. MW3 was the weakest out of the trilogy, but was still pretty solid. That being said, I don’t know who is asking for MW3 Remastered though. Not a campaign that I think is worth revisiting, especially without the entire package (multiplayer). MW2’s campaign was good enough to let that slide the last time, but MW3 isn’t nearly as good.

matty3092

While yes it was alot of asset reuse I believe during the development cycle of mw3 was the famous time that Vincent zampella and the other head honcho went over to EA and took alot of devs with them so 🤷‍♂️

Mr Moose

They broke contract? Damn, they really want to sell this years shitty CoD, huh?
It'll be the first one I'll skip since... Years.
did anyone even care about modern warfare 3?
I loved the MP.
Can't remember the campaign, the MW series blurred together for me.

Black Ops Remastered MULTIPLAYER. Modern Warfare 2 Remastered MULTIPLAYER. Those are the only two possible COD releases that I want.

Kerotan

I feel like only the first MW remaster was treated like a full new game. MW2R we got on PS+ after only 2 months on the store lol. After something like that I dont plan to pay for MW3R either.
That's because the cod4 remaster included the Multiplayer and mw2 was campaign only. If they remastered mw2 with the Multiplayer and spec ops it would be huge. Considering it's a ww2 game this year they should do it.

Barakov

That's because the cod4 remaster included the Multiplayer and mw2 was campaign only. If they remastered mw2 with the Multiplayer and spec ops it would be huge. Considering it's a ww2 game this year they should do it.
Honestly, if they did that there would be no reason to release a new COD this year.

Kerotan

Honestly, if they did that there would be no reason to release a new COD this year.
It's the perfect year to do it and bundle it with the new cod this year in the ultimate edition. They used cod4 like that to boost the sales of infinite warfare.

Unk Adams

Banned
Everything about this company sucks. They remaster MW2 and MW3 and leave out the part that the majority of people actually want (the multiplayer). Based on stats most people don't even finish the single player compaigns. They're casual fun, sure, but we all know the real reason most people enjoy these games.

Top Bottom