• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile games: Great games with (very) bad controls!

RCU005

I gave into the hype of Marvel and downloaded Marvel Future Revolution for iPhone. The game is amazing, it has a beautiful art style, and the graphics are console quality. Also the gameplay is great.

BUT! It's a mobile game, so we're stuck with shitty touchscreen controls!

There have been some amazing mobile games that should be on consoles (and PC)! I loved Honkai Impact 3rd but stopped playing it because of the controls. There's also the fact that playing on the phone is very uncomfortable! Maybe with a tablet is a little better, but the phone sucks!

Why are developers making this AAA mobile games exclusively? Well, I know it's all about the gatcha systems and milking money, but Genshin Impact did great on PS4/PS5! I know there are also some mobile games that do get released on PC, but in my case I don't have a gaming PC, and I'm not very interested in having one.

Is it not possible for developers to release these amazing, console-quality games on consoles? I'd imagine they are successful enough to fund a console port right? It's just a disgrace that games so good are just hindered by the awful touchscreen controls (specially those that don't support control pads).

What are your favorite mobile games that you would like (or deserve) to be on consoles and/or PC?

Pejo

I gave into the hype of Marvel and downloaded Marvel Future Revolution for iPhone. The game is amazing, it has a beautiful art style, and the graphics are console quality. Also the gameplay is great.

BUT! It's a mobile game, so we're stuck with shitty touchscreen controls!

There have been some amazing mobile games that should be on consoles (and PC)! I loved Honkai Impact 3rd but stopped playing it because of the controls. There's also the fact that playing on the phone is very uncomfortable! Maybe with a tablet is a little better, but the phone sucks!

Why are developers making this AAA mobile games exclusively? Well, I know it's all about the gatcha systems and milking money, but Genshin Impact did great on PS4/PS5! I know there are also some mobile games that do get released on PC, but in my case I don't have a gaming PC, and I'm not very interested in having one.

Is it not possible for developers to release these amazing, console-quality games on consoles? I'd imagine they are successful enough to fund a console port right? It's just a disgrace that games so good are just hindered by the awful touchscreen controls (specially those that don't support control pads).

What are your favorite mobile games that you would like (or deserve) to be on consoles and/or PC?
There are quite a few action based games now that support Bluetooth controllers on mobile (including Dualshock 4, not sure about Dualsense yet). Honkai actually has a native PC client now too, as of about 2 years ago.

I agree though, touchscreen controls on mobile action games is never a great time. Sometimes it's serviceable. Turn based or menu driven stuff is the best mobile experience, I've found.

Recently I've been playing Punishing Gray Raven, it's pretty good but since it just launched the content is dry, and the developers already had two big fuckups with the global playerbase.

You also have the option of using emulators like Bluestacks or MEMU to play action games natively with controllers as long as the game doesn't expressly forbid it. You can even do screen button mapping to controller buttons if you really want to make it work.

Top Bottom