• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile games accounted for 66% of App Store spending in 2022

near

Gold Member
Mobile games made up $110 billion of App Store $167 billion spending throughout 2022, says Data.ai.

According to the analytics firm’s State of App Revenue 2023 report, the store spend breakdown was 50% iOS, 27% Google Play, and the remaining 23% comprised of third-party stores in China.

All but 2% of mobile games revenue came from in-app purchases.

Candy Crush Saga brought in $660m in revenue in the US alone, putting it between YouTube ($770m) and HBO Max ($580m).

The next biggest games in the US were Roblox ($550m) and Coin Master ($300m).

Fear the microtransactions!

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
This is why companies chase mtx, because there are audience who can't pat an eye, when they spend 100$ like it's nothing.

new-mtx-shutup.jpg

ZakSS

Banned
Interesting article. I did not know this statistic. Although I have to admit that I like it and I did not make a mistake with my choice of profession. I develop mobile applications and games (syndіcоde.cоm/servicеs/mvр-develоpmеnt/). I am sure that this is a very promising area. In addition, my team and I are currently working on a very interesting project. I won't go into details and get ahead of myself, but the idea is very cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom