• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Fights i want:

Poirer/Chandler
McGregor/Ferguson
Gastellum/Adesanya 2
Jon Jones/Stipe
Dillashaw/Petr Yan
Holloway/Oliveira 2
Namajunas/Schevchenko
Weili/Jedrzejczyk 2

On Dana's interview on wednesday he said they're trying to set up a chandler/ferguson fight. They're probably waiting for McGregor to heal to set up Diaz/McGregor III.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
What are some good kickboxing matches to watch? I have been training for 1.5 years, easily the best decision of the last decade.

Don't really watch kickboxing, but I think Glory Kickboxing is supposed to a premier promotion. Israel Adesanya who is fighting this saturday fought there and Alex Pereira who is in the UFC now and who beat Israel came from there, too; and Alistair Overeem signed there after he was released from the UFC.

DeepSpace5D

What’s up guys, never checked out this community thread much but I am a diehard MMA fan, I research and bet on every UFC card. Haven’t missed a PPV in about 12 years.

I’m personally really looking forward to Islam Makhachev’s main event fight vs Beneil Dariush in 2 weeks.

I’ll try to stop by more frequently on the weekends to get in on the action. Cheers.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

What’s up guys, never checked out this community thread much but I am a diehard MMA fan, I research and bet on every UFC card. Haven’t missed a PPV in about 12 years.

I’m personally really looking forward to Islam Makhachev’s main event fight vs Beneil Dariush in 2 weeks.

I’ll try to stop by more frequently on the weekends to get in on the action. Cheers.

That's a really interesting match. Dariush has solid jiu jitsu, but Islam is a fucking monster on the ground. Both guys are on win streaks and ascending too. Great matchmaking by the UFC.

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

That's a really interesting match. Dariush has solid jiu jitsu, but Islam is a fucking monster on the ground. Both guys are on win streaks and ascending too. Great matchmaking by the UFC.
Indeed, it’s kinda sad one of them has to lose the impressive win streak they’ve built up. But that’s what makes the matchup so intriguing.

DeepSpace5D

kill me now steve carell GIF

If it’s from Ariel it’s legit.

Let’s see if anyone is crazy enough to fight Makhachev on two weeks notice.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
kill me now steve carell GIF

If it’s from Ariel it’s legit.

Let’s see if anyone is crazy enough to fight Makhachev on two weeks notice.

Might be Bobby Green. Hope hes ready to wrestle.

why is the RDA fight 5 rounds? Are all co-mains 5 rounds and i just haven't noticed?

Not usually unless its for a title or you're Nate Diaz, but the RDA fight was supposed to be the main event for this upcoming fight night and supposed to be 5 rounds. Both fighters agreed and prepared to fight 5 rounds so they probably didn't want to change it up.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Was gonna say something about the glass chin but he hit him top of the temple. That looks like he got electrified & lost control. I'm off the hype train, don't want to see him derailed completely.

Hills KO of Walker kind of reminds me of when andy ruiz hit anthony joshua in the temple and analysts were saying it messed up his equilibrium for the rest of the fight which ultimately caused him to stop the fight. This doctor gives an explanation of what was happening to Walker when he got hit:

DeepSpace5D

Islam handled Green as expected & Dana's already said that Islam's got next LW shot, possibly 281 in Abu Dhabi.

Kim got robbed in her fight, it happens blatantly every few cards but this was bad. Ref was crap also.
Islam looked so strong out there. I like his chances in the title fight. He’s going to get a pretty long rest now with plenty of time to train and prepare.

But Gaethje and Oliveira have to go to war in the meantime and potentially do serious damage to each other.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Islam handled Green as expected & Dana's already said that Islam's got next LW shot, possibly 281 in Abu Dhabi.

Kim got robbed in her fight, it happens blatantly every few cards but this was bad. Ref was crap also.

cachoeira's face looks destroyed I guess the elbows in the final minutes may have tipped the scales in her favour.

Top Bottom