• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Headbutt from Daukuss drops Holland which leads to a submission while useless Miragliotta just let's it run. Ref conference should lead to a no contest.

Useless ufc refereeing.

oauLVe6.jpg

Stacked Afternoon event for US & early evening for Euro. Spend that ppv money on a baller ass spread. This is a rarity.

Good fight from both, could've gone either way. Tyson was naughty as usual. 40m bucks each, damn.

Surprised Dern was the favourite when fight was starting. Easy money for the non-casuals. Rodrigues is a good boxer, but she can't outsmart Bullet.

MaestroMike

Gold Member

Good fight from both, could've gone either way. Tyson was naughty as usual. 40m bucks each, damn.

Surprised Dern was the favourite when fight was starting. Easy money for the non-casuals. Rodrigues is a good boxer, but she can't outsmart Bullet.

geez thats a good chunk of change haha good for them

manfestival

Oh Moreno v Figureido 3 is moved from 269 to 270 eh. I think Masvidal v Edwards was more than an equal replacement.

Yeah I agree. Though seeing Magomed Ankalaev vs Volkan Oezdemir should be really solid! They shoulda moved this to Russia over having it in Abu Dhabi with all of that RU representation lol. Only 2 people fighting out of the americas on there.

Abu Dhabi used to get regular fight nights but after the pandemic & fight Island it looks like they negotiated an upgrade to ppv events. Once this corona is done with then we'll see proper events, atm it's still iffy.

The bellator event looks interesting this weekend.
Bellator 268: Nemkov vs. Anglickas
H4lrCwi.jpg

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Looks like Costa/Vettori is gonna be at a catchweight, if they proceed with the fight. Costa is 211 pounds as of today and informed the UFC he won't make 185.

lol thats way overweight gotdam

5ONW5JM.jpg

Take a week off.

UFC wants that ppv money. 267 being free (for most) is uncharacteristic. Canadians I've read have to pay. Lol. What's that about.

sorry for Canadians but i get to watch it free ! :messenger_beaming:

So signed contract at 195 & again for 205..? Trying to get around losing money for being overweight.? Pretty stupid, as you lose money on the show & win money. Both 20%.
10% for Marv 10% to commission x2 all together. Apparently won't affect mw rankings. They might change their minds. Its all over the place.

Carton

Good on Marvin for taking this fight; I’m not sure it was the right decision not to at least make Costa cut to 195 which itself is already a big concession, but I have to respect his gameness. In bocca al lupo!

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Was working all day but I was able to catch the Costa vettori fight gotdam !! Costa was throwing bombs very impressed how vettori took them without going out but you could tell they were doing damage especially the sidekicks I thought vettori was going to wrestle more to play it safe but I guess not. Pretty entertaining fight hehe I kinda wanna see a rematch. Need to catch some of that bellator ppv later

GymWolf

Yeah vettori may have the best chin (and body) of all time.

The alien thing is that his abdomen wasn't even rose\red at the end of the fight after the 20 brutal body kick from costa, the guy is made of granite all around.

People can talk shit about costa, but he is always fun to watch (except when drunk).

manfestival

Yeah vettori may have the best chin (and body) of all time.

The alien thing is that his abdomen wasn't even rose\red at the end of the fight after the 20 brutal body kick from costa, the guy is made of granite all around.

People can talk shit about costa, but he is always fun to watch (except when drunk).
He was like an anime character fueled by pure anger

guys like Masvidal and Sterling have really lost my respect. I don't know what Masvidal's situation is but Sterling pulled out and then was posting training pics with Moreno. yeah, there's more to lose at the top fighting top 10 guys but come on. guys like Nate Diaz and Conor haven't lost any value losing against top guys.

guys like Masvidal and Sterling have really lost my respect. I don't know what Masvidal's situation is but Sterling pulled out and then was posting training pics with Moreno. yeah, there's more to lose at the top fighting top 10 guys but come on. guys like Nate Diaz and Conor haven't lost any value losing against top guys.
Masvidals stock is on a downward trajectory, he'll look for big money fights, possibly Colby. Rocky would beat him. He can wait, he deserves it or give him another mil. He's beaten Luque, RDA, Cerrone & Diaz. Usman gave him the ol wrestle fuck to win. Kamaru v Leon in 3 months.
do it jewish GIF

manfestival

I don't think Masvidal would duck anyone except for maybe Usman at this point. Especially not Leon after their exchange in London. Masvidal is taking a hit for sure from this. Leon remains in that weird middling place where he doesn't have the attention he likely deserves yet he still feels somewhat unproven. His only real challenge from anyone that wasn't washed up was Belal Muhammed and we know how that ended.

Khamzat is annoying tho. I mean sure he is cruising through his opponents and he might even beat the top 5 the same way but he is number whatever asking for a top 5 fighter. I hate this hype shit, just climb your ranks.

Last edited:

manfestival

Khamzat is annoying tho. I mean sure he is cruising through his opponents and he might even beat the top 5 the same way but he is number whatever asking for a top 5 fighter. I hate this hype shit, just climb your ranks.
I don't hate the move or idea. Chimaev wants to climb and he has been starching everyone. Masvidal was to be Leon's first real taste of someone outside of gatekeeping. Lin was Chimaevs first real gatekeeper. The match probably won't harm anyone aside from maybe Leon in regards to where they really stand(not the actual rankings) among the weight class.

I'm on the hype train. I was on Johnny Walker train as well, his lack of wrestling or tdd derailed that. Khamzat we haven't seen go any distance, but finishing has been on point. He's one of the more exciting prospects, let him run free till he loses.

Yair stumbling at the USADA ban questions with the old my battery was low crap was expected. He's a cheat & a ducker, the NC against Stephens was a mess & he squeaked that win against Zombie. 5 more seconds & he loses. I'll be cheering Max & hope to see a massacre.

Early start for the event 10pm Cent Europe. Careful.

Unknown Quantity Unknown Quantity manfestival manfestival

Well this is perfect for you guys then :D

Im not denying his skills, i just wish the actual top wasn't full of crybabies that kept ducking fights. Not sure about you guys but 5-8 years ago I felt people fought more often, now everyone is on Twitter, saying why they wont fight someone and waiting for that golden goose. Leon reminds me of Fereguson. Was on a loooong winning streak but never gets his chance.

Last edited:
Unknown Quantity Unknown Quantity manfestival manfestival

Well this is perfect for you guys then :D

Im not denying his skills, i just wish the actual top wasn't full of crybabies that kept ducking fights. Not sure about you guys but 5-8 years ago I felt people fought more often, now everyone is on Twitter, saying why they wont fight someone and waiting for that golden goose. Leon reminds me of Fereguson. Was on a loooong winning streak but never gets his chance.

Prize fighting scene is sketchy af, social media & press have created an even more amateur presentation of MMA with many vying for clout & influence.
UFC are in the greed business, fighters & their management have adapted a little & should look to prolong careers or look for big money fights that they can't get in the ufc. Contracts that get automatically extended if you turn down a fight or are injured are nonsense, how they're layered is exploitative af. Serious competition is needed.
Ferguson & Edwards need(ed) better management. 3 fights a year should be expected, better ranking system, more professionalism, better refs & judges, we could be here all day. Just bleed fans aren't here for the sport, just the show.

The Wolf will be alright, I hope.

Top Bottom