• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

who have you guys got for till vs whittaker?

I'm gonna go with my boy whittaker. I hope his chin isn't completely cracked though.

I'm supporting Whittaker as well. Till is an asshat, and I don't like those.

Some great fights on this main card most of the way through. Last Fight Island event. I think its an event UFC will look to add to the schedule. I'll try to attend the next one if they hold them, it's only an hour & half flight. Once the corona is over.

SpiceRacz

This is a great card.

Till/Whittaker
Shogun/Lil Nog 3
Gustaffson/Werdum

I think Whittaker beats Till. Though, I do want Till to win. This will be a good way to measure where Till is at in the division.

Expect Shogun to beat Lil Nog.

Gustaffson should win a decision over Werdum. Werdum didn't look very impressive after that suspension.

Carton

I think Whitaker still has it in him to not only beat Till but KO him too; however, he did look sloppy in the Adesanya fight and i understand he has been battling some motivational issues in the recent past, so can we expect a sharp and hungry Whitaker or will he be battle worn and weary? I’m certainly going for him, as he always seems like a good bloke.

I anticipate Shog and Gus victories too.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Decent fight. Felt like Till wasn't aggressive enough. Dodged a lot of Whittaker's power strikes and he was able to get out of Whittaker's take downs pretty quickly. Seemed stronger. Should've just been more aggressive I think.

Edit:

Some highlights:

Last edited:
Chimaev is a beast, took 0 damage in his 2nd fight in 10 days. Wanna see him fight a high level grappler. Think it'll end in a similar fashion imo, but doubt anyone will wanna fight him unfortunately.

Carla with an illegal blow in round 2 that gets ignored & again in round 3, refereeing suspect. Carla with usual tactics, that face... Damn.

Gus got caught up on the ground which wasn't a good idea. Retirement was boring & he has time in the HW division.

The geezer fight was entertaining. I had it 1-1 going into the 3rd. Rua took the 3rd.

I had it 3-1 Whittaker going into the 5th. 4-1 at the end for me. Till in a couple of years or next year maybe.

Good night (or morning) of fights.

Ornlu

Banned
Kinda feels like Khabib is getting fucked over for his next fight. He lost his dad who was his coach back home. He can't go to AKA to train so he loses all his coaches over there for this training camp. How's he supposed to prepare properly?

Rise above and smesh!

Or lose fast as fukkkk, boiiiiii!

I don't know anything about Khabib's situation, I just want to see this fight. :messenger_heart:

Kinda feels like Khabib is getting fucked over for his next fight. He lost his dad who was his coach back home. He can't go to AKA to train so he loses all his coaches over there for this training camp. How's he supposed to prepare properly?
It feels like Jordan when he lost his dad, he was at the top of his game and had to take a break. That ain't happening and his coach in the states is Javier Mendez from AKA and they've travelled to Dagestan where they have world class facilities built these last few years. So hopefully we get a high level of grappling & a great championship fight.

The plan has always been to retire at 30-0 with GSP as the last fight (Dad's plan). We'll see if that gets scuppered.

One Championship has an event starting soon.

Thank god Calderwood lost. Her fighting Valentina would have been as competitive as VanZant fighting Joanna.
Every women's division in the UFC is like this. The bottom 95% can't come close to competing with the top 5%. How many up and coming women fighters do we get a year that break into that top 5%? I can't even remember who was the last one before Weili.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
rewatching dc stipe 2. this fight was crazy. just standing1 foot away from each other punching each other in the face

Ornlu

Banned
I'm disappointed at MMA in general being okay with giving people freebies for blatantly breaking rules in ways that ruin fights. As it stands today, it's 100% worth it for a fighter to intentionally gouge the other dude's fucking eye out, or knee him straight on in the balls. As long as you only do it once, you know you'll just get a minor finger wagging, and the fight will continue whether or not it hurt the other dude. A hard nut shut or eye gouge doesn't just go away within a couple minutes. Couple that with it being a "bitch move" to wave off a fight because of that shit, and you have fighters that are incentivized toward doing shady shit to get a win.

The person on the receiving end has to decide whether or not to risk their career over a potential loss, while the person doing that shit has a very small price to pay for doing it. So, in all honesty, I can't even blame the fighters for doing it, from a risk/reward point of view. I blame the orgs and the fans for tolerating bullshit.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Corey Anderson gone to Bellator. Dude fucked up his UFC career so badly with his constant complaining and trying to get a title fight, then gets ktfo by blachowicz

frostyxc

Corey Anderson gone to Bellator. Dude fucked up his UFC career so badly with his constant complaining and trying to get a title fight, then gets ktfo by blachowicz
That's like getting wished into the cornfield. Imaginary animals at the bottom of the sea get more press than a Bellator fighter. RIP Corey! All I remember of you is getting knocked out by the guy from Wolfenstein... and I still can't conjure up what you look like.

Top Bottom