• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
i'm watching emmett vs burgos, holy fuck when emmett hits you hear the same sound of gaetjie punches, this guy is probably the heaviest hitter at 145, i don't know how burgos can absorb these punches like that...
just watching this. yeah those hits, but god damn burgos got dat chin

SpiceRacz

NCtdcvc.jpg

mekes

damn man, only 57 years old. sounds like it was a blood clotting complication from covid 19. horrible

I fear that this may result in his retirement.

Yeah it’s a real threat. My GF’s uncle was in an induced coma for over a month fighting Covid and had 2 strokes during that. Thankfully he is alive, recovering slowly. But at the shock of the hospital staff who thought for the entire month he would not make it through.

And I agree with the retirement. 1 more fight at most is all I expect, and wouldn’t be shocked if he never fought again. It’s very sad.

Carton

Given UFC 251 is a stacked card already, I wonder why they don’t just post-pone Usman v Burns until the 18th or 25th. Double the bonuses for those cards, and hopefully you get more finishes and not time-pressured due to the extra fight. I’m sure that’ll be cheaper than last minute negotiations with JM. Alternatively, they could post-pone one of the main event bouts for those cards in order to fit in Usman v Burns and pay the cancelled fighters both attendance and win bonuses to keep them happy with a promise of a fight in the near future.

If they’re going to try for the 11th, JM will be demanding a very high price and a rematch clause, I would imagine. I’d love to see it.

Edit: I am assuming that Burns tested positively on screening and is asymptomatic.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Jorge is smart, when marty is gonna rape him he still has the not full-camp preparation card to play.

He's never been a guy to make excuses. But lets not forget Marty faked an eyepoke and a low kick that was nowhere near the cup to get 2 breaks in the fight with Colby

9TztZ16.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
I love Masvidal but am disappointed for Burns as I thought he looked awesome against Woodley and would like to see him ride that momentum.

Should still be a great fight and I'm sure Masvidal will turn up in shape. Usman is a tough match up for anyone though. Will be interested to see how Masvidals TDD holds up against such a powerful wrestler.

Top Bottom