• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA fighter Kimbo Slice hospitalized, "dire situation" UPDATE: He has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Dec 31 2016 arrives can someone on gaf created a "RIP 2016 its your turn motherfucker, burn in hell" Mega OT new years eve thread? So we can all in our own way bid farewell to such a fucked up year.

I saw him at Aventura mall by himself sitting on a bench using a laptopa few years ago. i was scared to go say hi, but he could tell i knew who he was.

damn.

beasty

Kimbo Slice use to scare me when I first watched his fight videos on ebaumsworld. But he seemed like one of the nicest and mild mannered dudes in combat sports. RIP to a legend.

Steroid abuse lead to his heart failure. Sad times. I had the pleasure of being live for 2 of Kimbo MMA fights and met him on one occasion. He was as nice of a person in MMA I have ever met.

RIP

Messi

Always interesting to see the opinions people had of kimbo and then seeing how the opinion changed when they seen him on the ultimate fighter. He came across as a nice humble dude who just wanted to make a living fighting. You have to respect that. I always enjoyed watching him fight.

RIP Kimbo, thanks for the memories.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/06/kimbo-slice-dead-dies/

Kimbo Slice has died ... TMZ Sports has confirmed. He was 42.

We broke the story, Slice was hospitalized early Monday near his home in Coral Springs, FL. He passed away a short time later.

The CEO of Bellator MMA confirmed the news ... saying, "We are all shocked and saddened by the devastating untimely loss of Kimbo Slice, a beloved member of the Bellator family.'

"One of the most popular MMA fighters ever, Kimbo was a charismatic, larger-than-life personality that transcended the sport."

"Outside of the cage he was a friendly, gentle giant and a devoted family man. HIs loss leaves us all with extremely heavy hearts, and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Ferguson family and all of Kimbo's friends, fans and teammates."

Details surrounding Kimbo's death are unclear. We're working on it.

Kimbo -- real name Kevin Ferguson -- last fought at Bellator 149 back in February and defeated Dada 5000 -- but the victory was overturned when Slice tested positive for a banned steroid.

Back in 2003, Slice became an Internet sensation for his backyard fighting videos -- destroying several opponents in unsanctioned street fights. He later signed a deal to fight in the UFC.

Slice competed on "The Ultimate Fighter" in 2009 ... and while his MMA career never really blossomed, he was undefeated as a boxer, with a 7-0 record.

Slice also did some acting -- appearing in 2012's "The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption."

Zee-Row

Banned
He looked really bad in that Bellator fight , I had no idea it was life threatening bad. He shouldn't have ever fought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom