• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLiD is take on the PS5 pro and new Xbox

ripjoel

5nm+ tsmc
hybrid 8c zen4 +4c arm 20 threads + security subsystem (think m1 secure enclave)
xsx elite and ps5 pro both rdna3
xsx elite - chiplet gpu 100+ cu +rt cores +tensor cores
ps5 pro - butterfly design gpu also 100+ cu +rt cores +tensor cores
they want 1440p - 4k native & rt upscaled to 8k120fps a la dlss
both companies already training the ml upscaling algorithm
24gb 256bit gddr6 or 20+gbps gddr6+ (depends on samsung pricing deal)
+ 64mb to 128mb 3d-v cache shared between cpu & gpu about 2tb/s bandwith
1tb pcie5 ssd
chip production 2023
release 2024

why useless 8k focus?
- 2022 CES - samsung, lg, sony all miniled 8k + more 8k oled options +cheaper 4k

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They don´t have the chip situation in control to do the currently released consoles in 2021, thinking there will be a new refresh of these consoles in 2 years is nothing short of a pipe dream.

rofif

Banned
F pro consoles. I don’t want them. Then it will be yearly upgrade like phones.
I love that console cycle is so long but don’t want mid gen refreshes and more market segregation. Slim models are ok

MaKTaiL

A new model is a waste of dev resources. Having to account for all the different hardwares is time consuming. I don't see it happening this gen.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
he gave RDNA 2 first and then alder lake as well. He got some contacts and insider knowledge.

What Alder Lake shit was he right about?
Alder Lake info was already coming out in late 2019 - early/mid 2020
Intel-10nm-Alder-Lake-big.LITTLE-cores-2.jpg

He rehashes news thats already known, so he can say "see I was right" while at the same time randomly spewing his own garbage for clout.
He is not a reliable source because alot of what he says is wrong.

ethomaz

Banned
I should love to not have a Pro this gen but it will eventually happen.

I agree with S too… I already said similar thing in another thread… Series S was created as a cheaper stop gap… it will eventually be replaced by something like Series X.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I have no doubt pro consoles are coming in 2023. 8k is a huge waste though. Even 4k is a waste really. Advertising this as 8k will be really dumb when the pro will only really be capable of proper 9th gen games at 60 fps.

If the PS5 is a slightly worse 6600xt and the Series X is a slightly worse 6700xt, I think the pros will be more in line with a 6800 and 6800xt.

It would be smart for both Sony and MS to stay on the current architecture as everyone moving to new processes will help availability.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I dont get it, isn't all of this blatantly obvious?
Upgrades will come. They will be better.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I would bet large sums of money they are coming but there are already renders floating around claiming this is what they will look like based on leaks.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

Last edited:

RPS37

Some people really don’t realize how hard to it to acquire one of these consoles a year after launch.
It’s unprecedented.

Allandor

Summary:

• The PS5 pro and slim are coming by end of 2023 according to his sources.
  • Did not share details on the spec but will use 6nm
  • His take on 8K gaming is that it is waste of resources and the games has to come with method of upscaling
  • Microsoft is planning to release an update for Xbox series S by end of 2022. It will unlock all disabled CU and match Xbox series X clocks and will use 6nm as well.
  • The price target is less than 350.
  • The Xbox series S (original) will be reduced in price between 190 to 250 USD.
  • The updated Xbox series X will come after 2023 and probably after ps5 pro is released.

• Well a slim might happen, but I don't think they will make a pro model again. There has nothing dramatically changed on the TV market. No new TVs or featuresets. Yes, there might be 8k TVs without any 8k source material. But 8k so far is really not coming so early. They barley can handle 4k.
    • Quite sure they will use it to improve overall production so they don't need to rely on just one manufacturer
  • His take on 8K gaming is that it is waste of resources and the games has to come with method of upscaling
    • He is right with this. 8k so far is a waste of power in the near future
  • Microsoft is planning to release an update for Xbox series S by end of 2022. It will unlock all disabled CU and match Xbox series X clocks and will use 6nm as well.
    • Well an updates Series S e.g. with a disc drive would be possible. But I don't think they will activate anything or increase clock speeds. Sure better clocks with 6nm would be possible (at the same power level) but you can also use that to reduce the cooling solution/power supply to save costs
    • currently the price is the least problem of the current console gen.
    • Possible, yes. It is a pure digital console that will subsidize itself over time if people buy games / pay for services. Also flash memory gets cheaper and cheaper (don't think the chip costs get lower so soon).
  • The updated Xbox series X will come after 2023 and probably after ps5 pro is released.
    • I really don't think there will be a PS5 Pro / Series X 2 console so soon. My guess would be a PS5 + whatever the next xbox is called in 6-8 years.
This guy just guesses and repeats just rumors. Yes, he might have guessed "right" in the past but "Even a blind chicken stumbles across a grain from time to time".

PS:
just saw that this video is already month old ... who revived that thread corpse .... :pie_bull:

Last edited:

oldergamer

Summary:

What a bunch of bs. Sorry but this seems extremely fake

This is the interesting part!

A stronger S (actually good for people who play on 1080p TVs), and one that is a sold at a price that makes sense.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s not like PS5 and XSX will be useless, PS4 is still good since it’s getting video games when I was younger I never dreamed of a PS2 Pro, GameCube Pro but it sort of feels like video games consoles are getting treated like smart phones.

LordOfChaos

190 for the Series S...I just just pick that up for future Halo Infinite expansions if true.

Late 2023 is really only two years away...Still feels like we're barely started this generation to me. The 8.5 consoles came out because 4K TVs were getting common and affordable, and like he said 8K is a waste and will be for a long time, but I suppose what the Pro consoles could do is make for no more compromise between quality/ray tracing modes and performance modes, be able to do the best of each, 60+FPS with ray tracing.

Everyone is talking about pro models but yet we are still lacking in actual next gen games in general. Screw pro models, I want more games and hopefully nothing gets delayed in 2022.

S0ULZB0URNE

Like others have said 8k is a waste give me max settings 4k 60 and a performance mode 4k 120 and I would be thrilled with a new console.

I wish they would have made an ultra version of the current consoles anyhow
I can see some form of 6-8k downsampling to 4K and 1600-2160p/120fps with these machines.

Summary:

In his world and that of his sources, the current supply chain issues plaguing the semi-conductor industry don't exist.

These guys are insane if they think any of this shit is plausible given the current chip shortages that show no sign of letting up till 2023.

Top Bottom