• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 21 Tips & Tricks (help us Xbox gamers out!)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like MLB 21 is not only coming out on disc/digital, but also GP. And it's also cross play.

This is a thread which all you experienced Sony fans from past Show games can post any tips and tricks or answer questions us Xbox gamers wouldnt know. I'll start it off.

I'm interested in Manager Mode. Googling it, it seems The Show has it. I actually bought OOTP 20 for $5 a couple months ago and was going to start it soon as the season started, but who knew MLB 21 would come to GP. Last time I played The Show was on PS2! It was 2006 or 2007. I think Ryan Howard was on the cover.

- How good is the manager mode?

- Are the stats pretty accurate?

- Is simming games (other AI teams) fast?

- Can you do one-pitch simmed games? (You know, instead of watching every pitch, you just see the main pitch per batter to speed up the game)

- Can you make your own team, logo, stadium?

- If you do a fantasy draft, can it be all fake players? Or are real pros always there? Sounds like a dumb question, but I don't follow baseball anymore. I don't even know half the players on the Jays. Makes no difference to me to have a fake league of fictional players to make it new

- Any other tips and settings to do which makes Manager Mode good right off the bat (so gamers don't have to waste time doing trial and error and restarting)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Dthomp

Bumping this for ya, wish I could be of help since I think I'm one of only like 20 people that actually posted some in last years thread that plays the Show and doesn't just have an opinion on it, but I've never touched this mode and I hope that somebody sees this thread and can answer these questions for you. I stay pretty much in Diamond Dynasty offline, but I do know that if you are on next gens PS5/XBX there will be stadium creator the can be used in franchise mode (I think that's the same as the mode you're asking about). The game does also have create a logo/jersey and an online vault to download others people have made (Most aren't great).

SLB1904

Banned
i wish i could help. but i really dont no much about baseball. having said that i played the mlb 20. and is crazy fun. i dont know about the manager mode.. i was playing mostly online and i had to figure out that i dont need to swing every ball.
anyway youll will get it when you start playing. in my opinion best sport game out there

Neil Young

Besides DD, which I don't care about, what's the most robust mode?
Play Road to the Show. You create your player, choose your position, and basically play a baseball RPG trying to get your player into the majors. Depending on what position you choose, you will only take control when your player is seeing action (you don't sit through a whole game). You will receive points based on your performance. It's SUPER addictive and fun.

If you want to see a bit of the game play or get some really cool inside talk about baseball (how much minor leaguers are paid, what they eat, ) check out Antonelli Baseball on YouTube. Ex player who spent a couple years in the majors and has some great videos of him playing Road to the Show.

Dthomp

RTTS is always a blast for me. Whenever I am able to escape from the black hole of DD that always sucks me in.

Pre-MLB 18 I only played RTTS and enjoyed it, bought 18 and tried DD for the first time and have never gone back to RTTS. I'm like 98% offline DD only and still got just under 1k hours into last years game. I love collecting the cards and as was said above by SLB1904 SLB1904 MLB is easily the best sports game on the market, and by a wide margin.

trickybiff

Pre-MLB 18 I only played RTTS and enjoyed it, bought 18 and tried DD for the first time and have never gone back to RTTS. I'm like 98% offline DD only and still got just under 1k hours into last years game. I love collecting the cards and as was said above by SLB1904 SLB1904 MLB is easily the best sports game on the market, and by a wide margin.
Yeah. I've basically had the same experience.

Fox Mulder

The franchise mode was neglected for awhile in favor of other modes, but they already hyped up some changes to this year like overhauling trade logic and creating stadiums.

I mostly play DD stuff and road to the show.

kyoji

The people paying retail for MLB The Show and hating on the company that gives great value to it's player base. Whoever that is *cough* you *cough* is the cuck.
This bout the dumbest shit ive read, there would be no mlb 'the show' if people didnt support and buy the game, youre not in business to give things away. im sorry i can afford to buy games and not cry for a discount all the time.

I guess mercedes benz should lower there prices so you can afford one instead of your dodge neon too right? 🤔

Last edited:
This bout the dumbest shit ive read, there would be no mlb 'the show' if people didnt support and buy the game, youre not in business to give things away. im sorry i can afford to buy games and not cry for a discount all the time.

I guess mercedes benz should lower there prices so you can afford one instead of your dodge neon too right? 🤔
This has nothing to do with money, a smart person will gravitate towards the better value regardless of how much income they generate. That's why some of the richest people in the world like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet still drive beater cars. Your half-assed analogy just tells me you're probably not old enough to even hold a job or a Dodge Neon for that matter.

Top Bottom