• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 21 Review Thread

RobRSG

New to baseball games, in fact have no understanding of baseball, any recommended videos with hints to a beginner?

For whatever reason this game kept my attention.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Geez man. Makes you wonder if focusing on multiplatform threw them off their game (pun intended).
I think it were the Covid and lockdowns more so.

Next year should be much better.
New to baseball games, in fact have no understanding of baseball, any recommended videos with hints to a beginner?

For whatever reason this game kept my attention.

Start here. The rest you learn over time since the game has so much intricacies and is very stat driven. The casual mode they added should help as well until you want to move up to the regular mode.

Zimmy68

I don't think it will sell well on ps due to $70 vs "free on gamepass".

Maybe then Sony will cancel it's sequel and make The Show 22 exclusively for gamepass.
According to most on this NeoGaf, this shouldn't matter. A world where owning both systems is an impossibility.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Pro tip for the new Xbox users always have a duplicate save of your Road to The Show career.

It just happened to me again on the new Xbox version where I had a corrupt save file and game would crash out trying to load the latest save point.

This has happened to me a couple of times throughout all my years of playing on the PS versions first time losing about a 15 year career which stopped me from playing that year any further.

About once a month of in game playing calendar I create a duplicate save always giving me a point to pick back up if the main file corrupts which it seems it still does on the Series X anyhow.

Calverz

Dial back the "imagine paying $70" trolling.
Imagine paying £70 to play this
Funny GIF

Played 2020 on PS4 Pro. This is a tighter, more refined game despite removed features. Unlike Madden and NBA 2K, at least some effort is put into improving game play year over year rather than focusing on carbon copying with a roster update and raping with mtx. I'm not even a baseball fan and this is the best sports game on the market. Great addition to GP and awesome way to intro Xbox only players to the series.

Fox Mulder

Nice of them to have a double xp weekend when the servers are shit and disconnect and lose progress.

I’d be pissed if I actually bought this shit for $70 this year.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Nice of them to have a double xp weekend when the servers are shit and disconnect and lose progress.

I’d be pissed if I actually bought this shit for $70 this year.
The crazy thing is, it’s like this every year for the first few weeks. I think anyone that bought the early release should get some packs on the house.

Top Bottom