• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 21 is coming to Game Pass on day 1 (April 20)

speedomodel

tenor.gif

Kagey K

Banned
Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

I would really love to know the reasoning behind this in Sonys mind.
What calculations did they make?
Surely this looks bad on their part from their own customer base?

It's like "hey, our first party games you can get for cheap on other platforms. But on ours,please pay $70."

Thirty7ven

Banned
Just like Outriders....

Jim Ryan and the rest of the people running PS right now are fucking morons and that is putting it lightly.
They shit on their customers and longtime supporters.

I need to move to PC, I can't take this crap anymore.

It is pretty weird. Sony game launching on Gamepass day 1, but not on PS+/PSNow... that does put into question just what the hell are Jim and his team thinking? Is the idea here that PlayStation customers won’t know about it?

Baffling

Mr Moose

Just like Outriders....

Jim Ryan and the rest of the people running PS right now are fucking morons and that is putting it lightly.
They shit on their customers and longtime supporters.

I need to move to PC, I can't take this crap anymore.
You know they don't get to keep the games, right? They don't own Outriders or this, it won't be on GamePass permanently. Don't they leave after a few months?

Woody337

It's like "hey, our first party games you can get for cheap on other platforms. But on ours,please pay $70."
RIGHT!!!! This isnt ok at all

Fredrik

This is so strange. Why are they doing this? Does it have a ton of microtransactions?

Anyway, in the end it’s of course awesome, I would never buy this game since I barely know how the sport works, but I’ll definitely check it out now!

Umbasaborne

Banned
Lmfaoooooooo.

im here for the melt downs, and i think this is pretty great for customers (on xbox) at least. But man Jim is just doing everything he can to piss off the playstation community. Our first party game that players on our competitor can play with a subscription but you guys who bought our hardware have to pay 70 bucks. Lmfao you cannot make this shit up!

Last edited:

Allforce

I don't believe Sony has any say. Their deal they cut with MLB last year removed them as publisher on Xbox. So basically their internal studio developed it, but MLB is the publisher cutting a deal with MS to put the game on Game Pass.

I believe Sony still publishes this on Playstation however so they can do whatever they want there. They just basically have no say in how the Xbox version is published. They obviously were already comfortable with the terms in the deal with MLB in the first place to even develop the Xbox version so their money has probably already been made.

DaGwaphics

If this is what MLB wanted, to get the game into as many hands as possible quick, I wouldn't be surprised to see it on PSNow. Maybe that announcement is forthcoming. Maybe that will happen at a later date due to a contract with MS etc. PS+ would be a bit of a different story. Once you give it away there your sales are kind of done, because everyone can keep those forever. With GP/PSNow you can do a limited time thing like RDR2.

nikolino840

Just the fact that this announcement came from Jamie Leece, MLB Senior Vice President, Games & VR and not Sony publishing makes me think it was something from the top.

Or it's a secret plot by Sony to get the inside scoop on GP engagement numbers. BwaaHaaaHaaa.
Well do you think that sony pr will ever say "is on Xbox gamepass too" ?

Top Bottom