• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 21 announcement trailer. Confirmed PS5 & 4. Xbox One and Series S & X

Home Run Dancing GIF by San Diego Padres

But Soto does it better

Major League Baseball Dancing GIF by MLB

Last edited:

Thabass

Damn this is pretty awesome. Props to Sony for bringing it over to Xbox. Though it took way too long for that.

Fox Mulder

It’s great the Xbox is getting this. I know people that lied to themselves that rbi baseball or some shit was okay while I was laughing playing the show.

I hope this doesn’t bite them in the ass though. Going multi platform the same time as releasing on next gen consoles seems like a bad idea.

Derktron

Banned
I hope Xbox fans enjoy paying for a $70 game that's infested with micro-transactions
Lol now you say this, your previous tweet says otherwise. Remember you claiming that PlayStation (who isn’t responsible for this decision) their values just went down over this game. Talk about ignorance.

MrA

Banned
is this the first baseball sim on the xbox 1?
Incredible how everyone used to have their own sports series for like every sports and now there is 1 basketball, 1 football and 1 baseball sim and only soccer has more than 1.

ManaByte

Gold Member
is this the first baseball sim on the xbox 1?
Incredible how everyone used to have their own sports series for like every sports and now there is 1 basketball, 1 football and 1 baseball sim and only soccer has more than 1.

No, MLB has been producing RBI for several years but it’s just a bare bones arcade game.

GreatnessRD

I'm glad its going to Xbox so they can have a proper baseball game for the first time ever. But fuck all lat!! Where the fuck is the Steam version?! Stop playing with me, Sony! STOP FUCKING PLAYING WITH ME!

MastaKiiLA

Baseball is one of the worst professional sports today, but baseball video games are still really fun to play. MLB The Show probably ranks second only to NBA2k for me. I wonder if that has more to do with the devs of both franchises actually giving a shit about the sports they cover.

This is great for Xbox gamers, as The Show is hands-down the best baseball franchise ever. I don't even think that's debatable, and I'm one of those old heads who swore by Baseball All Stars on the old NES for over a decade.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Actually, NBA2k20 and Madden were on Gamepass (EA Access), so bunch of players played in that way. Will MLB appear on GP. I highly doubt it

Madden doesn't appear on EA Access until a year after release. Most Madden players don't wait a year to play a yearly sports game.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
If it performs better on PS5, it will be either "Sony knowingly gimped it on XSX" or "Sony doesn't know how to optimize for XSX".

If it performs better on XSX, it will be "looooool @ Sony. Even PS Studios games run and play better on Xbox! Phil Spencer rules!" 😂

I hope this doesn't happen, but I suspect some of my more zealous XBros will go with whichever narrative is applicable. After all console wars are serious business.

Tg89

These games look great...wish we could get a similar quality product but for a good sport.

I kid, sort of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom