• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Post Season |OT| BYOB

Remember Mike Napoli roaming the streets of Boston bare-chested stopping by every pub imaginable like a motherfucking pimp? IT'S COMING AGAIN BABY!

Game 6 underway in Milwaukee. Dodgers on the board early with a David Freese lead off solo shot.

I'm hoping Brewers win so we get another game tomorrow. World series won't start until Tuesday so I'd like another game to fill the baseball void.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Game 6 underway in Milwaukee. Dodgers on the board early with a David Freese lead off solo shot.

I'm hoping Brewers win so we get another game tomorrow. World series won't start until Tuesday so I'd like another game to fill the baseball void.

Same here. Brewers currently have the lead (5-2)!

Last edited:
They had a great approach on Ryu in the first inning dumping all those pitches into right field. Ryan Braun has looked so hyped all postseason too.

Ayyyyyy game 7 hype. That's a huge win for Milwaukee, offense really came to life tonight. A fully rested Josh Haider is bad news for the Dodgers tomorrow. If they fall behind early and can't get anything together by the time he enters the game its probably going to be the end of their 2018 season

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ayyyyyy game 7 hype. That's a huge win for Milwaukee, offense really came to life tonight. A fully rested Josh Haider is bad news for the Dodgers tomorrow. If they fall behind early and can't get anything together by the time he enters the game its probably going to be the end of their 2018 season

I would definitely be down for a Red Sox vs. Milwaukee World Series! LA would be the "prime" for the two East Coast/West Coast markets, but it would be nice to see Miller Park in a series.

Game 7 has begun. This is going to be a long one I think due to excessive bullpen changes. I doubt this ends before 12 so get comfortable everyone and have your beers in a cooler beside you.

Listening to the Milwaukee audio on MLB.TV because Uecker is awesome and Joe Buck isn't.

Dodgers win game 7 and we have the most unlikeable world series since 2013. Good God it's going to be torture to watch this one but I guess go Sox because fuck the Dodgers

cr0w

Old Member
I have Red Sox in 5.

As a Cubs and Astros fan, one part of me is really disappointed in how this season played out. The other part of me is honestly glad I don't have a dog in the fight because the past two years have stressed me the hell out.

World Series starts tonight! Kershaw vs Sale is an interesting one. Will Fenway eat Kershaw alive or will the infection from Sale's belly button ring knock him out of the game early?

Anyway I got the Sox in 6 but I've been wrong for a solid week now

That's former Giant Eduardo Nunez sticking a dagger in the cold, dead, black heart of the Dodgers. Even year magic baby it's just taking new forms

Game 2 about to start. Price vs Ryu. I don't think you can ever be too confident with a Price start but if any offense can bail him out of a terrible start, it's this team. The Sox do not go away.

Still I think I'll take the Dodgers tonight.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This guy man. They really need to look into him more, before he seriously hurts someone. Or someone means him in the face with a fastball.

Last edited:
This guy man. They really need to look into him more, before he seriously hurts someone. Or someone means him in the face with a fastball.

I’ve never understood how some find guys like Harper to be more of a shithead than Manny. Some how he’s not #1 on the list. I don’t get it considering his history.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I’ve never understood how some find guys like Harper to be more of a shithead than Manny. Some how he’s not #1 on the list. I don’t get it considering his history.

I think Machado mainly flew "under the radar" due to the market he was in (Baltimore) for all those years. Now that he is in a much larger market, and now all eyes on in the World Series, that may soon change.

I like what the article said...

You want him to learn his lesson? Make him watch his Dodgers get eliminated from his couch.

He is not producing shit other than pop-ups anyhow.

Last edited:
Been busy all weekend and actually missed the game last night so I missed the latest in the Manny Machado is a douchebag saga. He's intentionally hitting catchers with his backswing and literally just did it again while I was typing this? Lol what the fuck? He needs to be suspended, fined and hit by every pitcher is every game next season. What a loser.

Anyway huge game for the Sox last night. I was watching a game a few months back where they played Atlanta, were down 7-0 or something along those lines then put up 9 unanswered in the 7/8th and won the game. No lead is safe.

Tonight is going to be about who chokes harder, Price or Kershaw. I'm hoping Kersh because it would be nice to see the Dodgers lose it all at home again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Price with a great performance, and how about that Steve Pierce! What a steel for him that trade was.

6 more outs!

Last edited:
Congrats to the Boston Red Sox! Easily the best team in baseball all season long so this was a fitting end. Also Machado ending it all by striking out on one knee like the punk bitch he is.

n64coder

Wow, that was a great season and they were a fun team to watch. Congrats to the 2018 World Champion Red Sox! Now I can focus on the Patriots football.

I hope they resign Pearce during the offseason and find a new closer to replace Kimbrel.

Even though Harper is a twat at least he's not going out of his way to intentionally hurt people. Machado should be suspended and fined for all his dumb shit in the postseason. Dude thinks this is wrestling and he's a heel. What an arrogant jackass

Even though Harper is a twat at least he's not going out of his way to intentionally hurt people. Machado should be suspended and fined for all his dumb shit in the postseason. Dude thinks this is wrestling and he's a heel. What an arrogant jackass
Someone needs to start an MLB offseason OT...

Washington Nationals 2019 all aboard the hype train!!!

MC Safety

The New York Mess are about to be swindled. I say this with near certainty because this is the New York Mess.

The trade is for Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz. The idea here is Diaz sweetens the deal so a team can take on Cano's huge contract.
The Mets are going to send the Mariners Jay "The" Bruce and two top prospects, plus whatever other detritus they can jettison.

Two prospects for Cano is absurd. The Mess will be overpaying to overpay for an aging second baseman. It's a perfectly Mess thing to do.

Diaz is a good reliever, but the Mess should really rethink this one.

prag16

Banned
The New York Mess are about to be swindled. I say this with near certainty because this is the New York Mess.

The trade is for Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz. The idea here is Diaz sweetens the deal so a team can take on Cano's huge contract.
The Mets are going to send the Mariners Jay "The" Bruce and two top prospects, plus whatever other detritus they can jettison.

Two prospects for Cano is absurd. The Mess will be overpaying to overpay for an aging second baseman. It's a perfectly Mess thing to do.

Diaz is a good reliever, but the Mess should really rethink this one.
Mets fan here. Framing it as "two prospects for Cano" is nonsense. The prospects are for Diaz. Cano was to dump Bruce. Kind of like two trades in one. And Diaz is more than "a good reliever". He was the best reliever in the league this past year, and is 24 with 4 years of team control.

Now, that doesn't mean I particularly love the deal, but if they're 'going for it' the next 2-3 years I can see how it makes some sense. Cano + Diaz > Bruce + Swarzak for the next couple years, by a lot, and they're reportedly getting a lot of cash back too.

That said if they turn around and trade Syndergaard after this that would make absolutely zero sense.

Last edited:

MC Safety

Mets fan here. Framing it as "two prospects for Cano" is nonsense. The prospects are for Diaz. Cano was to dump Bruce. Kind of like two trades in one. And Diaz is more than "a good reliever". He was the best reliever in the league this past year, and is 24 with 4 years of team control.

Now, that doesn't mean I particularly love the deal, but if they're 'going for it' the next 2-3 years I can see how it makes some sense. Cano + Diaz > Bruce + Swarzak for the next couple years, by a lot, and they're reportedly getting a lot of cash back too.

That said if they turn around and trade Syndergaard after this that would make absolutely zero sense.

Disagree. The trade is the Mariners dumping Robinson Cano. Edwin Diaz is the incentive.

The Mets are getting an aging second baseman who's failed a drug test and his enormous salary. Trading prospects, regardless of their quality, unbalances the trade.

The Mess are overpaying to overpay for Cano.

I have to agree with you, the trade seems like a straight salary dump. If the prospects weren't involved or maybe one prospect it might make a bit more sense, but the Mets taking on a contract that size for an again vet seems ludicrous. I don't know what Van Wanegen is thinking with this one, the chances of it helping his team seem slim. Diaz is awesome but is an all star closer going to be the immediate remedy for this team? Maybe he can help out in 2-3 years assuming the reload goes well and assuming he's still dominant.

In other news, the Giants got rid of Hunter Strickland (not letting the door hit you on the way out has never been more appropriate than in this scenario) but I fear this is going to lead to SF signing Harper. I don't like the dude tbh and I don't like the idea of him getting $300 mill+ when he's really only had 1 year that would warrant such a contract. Paying the dude on potential is not ideal and he hasn't looked good since winning the MVP

I have to agree with you, the trade seems like a straight salary dump. If the prospects weren't involved or maybe one prospect it might make a bit more sense, but the Mets taking on a contract that size for an again vet seems ludicrous. I don't know what Van Wanegen is thinking with this one, the chances of it helping his team seem slim. Diaz is awesome but is an all star closer going to be the immediate remedy for this team? Maybe he can help out in 2-3 years assuming the reload goes well and assuming he's still dominant.

In other news, the Giants got rid of Hunter Strickland (not letting the door hit you on the way out has never been more appropriate than in this scenario) but I fear this is going to lead to SF signing Harper. I don't like the dude tbh and I don't like the idea of him getting $300 mill+ when he's really only had 1 year that would warrant such a contract. Paying the dude on potential is not ideal and he hasn't looked good since winning the MVP
Harper’s value comes outside of performance on the field more than any other player. That’s why he will make 30+ million a year. Also he had a stellar 2017 before injury in August. Good 2015 &2017. Bad 2016 & 2018

MC Safety

I only hope the New York Mess' GM does his former client Jason De Grom a solid the way he did his former client Robinson Cano a solid.

Random guy on Twitter pointed out this is the second time Brodie Van Wegenen has fleeced a baseball team on the same guy's contract. The difference is now Brodie is working for one of the teams.

prag16

Banned
I only hope the New York Mess' GM does his former client Jason De Grom a solid the way he did his former client Robinson Cano a solid.

Random guy on Twitter pointed out this is the second time Brodie Van Wegenen has fleeced a baseball team on the same guy's contract. The difference is now Brodie is working for one of the teams.
Clever and creative on the repeated sick 'Mess' burns. Who do you root for?

And you didn't even really address my points. Just talking past me to get your trolling in.

Last edited:

MC Safety

Clever and creative on the repeated sick 'Mess' burns. Who do you root for?

And you didn't even really respond to my points. Just talking past me to get your trolling in.

Not trolling. It’s not worth my time.

I love the Mess, but am critical. It’s a bad trade. We disagree, and that’s okay with me.

The Mess remain a dysfunctional baseball concern.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Not trolling. It’s not worth my time.

I love the Mess, but am critical. It’s a bad trade. We disagree, and that’s okay with me.

The Mess remain a dysfunctional baseball concern.
Stop saying Mess. No reasonable person would repeatedly talk like this in an in-person conversation. Only to look cool on the internet. (It's not working.)

Nevertheless, the Wilpons are horrific, and I can't imagine any real sustained success with them at the helm.

It's a shame because the makings of a solid young core is in place.

Last edited:

MC Safety

Stop saying Mess. No reasonable person would repeatedly talk like this in an in-person conversation. Only to look cool on the internet. (It's not working.)

Nevertheless, the Wilpons are horrific, and I can't imagine any real sustained success with them at the helm.

It's a shame because the makings of a solid young core is in place.

They are the New York Mess. There's no other way to describe the team. To quote Ben Franklin, the fish stinks from the head down.

You have a strange definition of cool for any medium..

prag16

Banned
They are the New York Mess. There's no other way to describe the team. To quote Ben Franklin, the fish stinks from the head down.

You have a strange definition of cool for any medium..
No, just the head (Wilpons) stinks.

I mean, I'm not gonna put someone on my ignore list over a silly baseball thread, but you're a piece of work.

Top Bottom