• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2019 |OT| Juiciest Balls Since 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that don't know both the Nationals and Astros opened a new spring training facility this year... together

cut.jpg

Fitting that they should end the season together after starting the season together

I can't believe they fucking aired last nights game on FS1 instead of main fox opting for the fucking masked singer instead.

IT"S THE FREAKING YANKEES FFS. It would have gotten insane ratings, especially in the dramatic way it ended. WTF is wrong with fox.

edit: I mean with the MLB struggling these days you would think they would want to put an exciting elimination game out to as many people as possible to watch.

Last edited:
I can't believe they fucking aired last nights game on FS1 instead of main fox opting for the fucking masked singer instead.

IT"S THE FREAKING YANKEES FFS. It would have gotten insane ratings, especially in the dramatic way it ended. WTF is wrong with fox.

edit: I mean with the MLB struggling these days you would think they would want to put an exciting elimination game out to as many people as possible to watch.

That's absolutely bizarre that they would relegate the ALCS elimination game to the lesser channel. How long is their deal with MLB? Is it expiring soon and they don't give a shit anymore?

LordVader

Neo Member
I’ll take Houston in 6. Their lineup is obviously better and their pitching is better. Even if it’s a push on starting pitching, Houston’s bullpen is light years ahead of the Nats.

That's absolutely bizarre that they would relegate the ALCS elimination game to the lesser channel. How long is their deal with MLB? Is it expiring soon and they don't give a shit anymore?

MLB just did a contract extension with Fox last year that goes until 2028. Game 6&7 were always going to be FS1, looking at it now this was a clear move from Fox to bait people into cable subscriptions for FS1.

I can't believe the MLB let's them do this shit.

Everybody get your butts in here. THE WORLD SERIES IS ABOUT TO START!

Scherzer vs Cole is about as good of a duel you can get to kick off the WS. I expect both pitchers to get knocked around early before departing 3 innings in because baseball.

I’m a Sawx fan and I’m rooting for the NatStros!

I just want 7 games.

I'd happily take 7 games for this series. Already been pretty nice.

Mad Max is done for the night. Can the bullpen protect a 3 run lead? I think anytime Corbin has come out of the bullpen the results have not been optimal.

Texas Pride

Banned
It was a weird game bcs I felt like Cole didn't give up too much and lost on cheap hits. His one glaring error was the Soto HR.

Gentlemen, I have a confession to make. For the first time in many years, I will be missing a world series game. I feared this would happen a year ago when I made plans and was confirmed later when they released the world series schedule. I will be seeing Elton John tonight on his farewell tour to wrap up his illustrious career. I am bummed about missing game 2 but on the other hand, Bennie and the Jets.

I'll watch the game tomorrow since there's an off day anyway and offer my insight a day later. Hope it's a good game tonight and I'm here in spirit!

Texas Pride

Banned
Fucking shameful showing by my Astros. You're not going to overcome self inflicted wounds on this stage. Truly fucking shameful.

GreatnessRD

Nats outchea giving the Stros raw dick! Stros better pray the spot gets too big for the Nats in the next two games. Nats gotta 'em on the ropes.

Alright so I watched the game. All I can say is the writing has been on the wall for the entirety of the AL playoffs. Astros struggling to get hits with RISP. They can't capitalize on any opportunities. Now they got to go to the NL and somehow manage to win 2 of 3 on the road. Looks pretty bleak.

Alright so I watched the game. All I can say is the writing has been on the wall for the entirety of the AL playoffs. Astros struggling to get hits with RISP. They can't capitalize on any opportunities. Now they got to go to the NL and somehow manage to win 2 of 3 on the road. Looks pretty bleak.
Idk. If I am the Astros and Astros fans, I am believing that the sadness of DC sports will strike again.

You have to believe that. And believe you can win 4 of 5.

But you have to believe that DC sports is a bloop away from disaster if you are the Astros.

GreatnessRD

And now we await the swing game. Will the Nationals keep their destiny in their hands or will the Astros treat them like the younger brother who got a lucky win or two? This game is equally important for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom