• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2019 |OT| Juiciest Balls Since 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
NLCS goes to Washington tonight with the Nationals up 2 - 0 on the Cardinals. Going to be tough for St Louis to get back to winning with Strasburg on the mound.

What a job by Strasburg right there pitching around that fuck up. Sure he still had a 6 run lead, but one swing would have made it a 3 run lead. Then you give the Cards any sense of hope and you could be in trouble. Huge right there for him to pick up Soto and make it out unscathed.

Nats will mow down Yanks or Astros.

The starting pitching has been out of this world so yeah, good luck to whoever has to face them. The bullpen problem isn't really a problem if you don't have to go to your bullpen. These guys keep going 7 strong with minimal hits and no runs. Good luck winning against that.

Yankees and Astros just started with the Astros jumping out to an early lead with Altuve going yard. Going up against Cole is stressful enough, now you got to face him when he's got an early lead. Good luck Yanks 😜

GreatnessRD

Congratulations, Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese

Well deserved for the Nationals fanbase who have endured a ton of fraudulence for so long. Yes, I am still sick y'all winning, lol.

And for the record, I don't HATE the Nationals, I just dislike them.

Also sad to see how the Cards are laying down. Have no type of passion and look defeated.

Yeah the Cards have thrown in the towel. Honestly I'd turn this game off because it's not even remotely competitive but I want to see the Nats and the fans celebrate punching their ticket to the WS. Guess I'll play my switch a bit with this in the background.

greyshark

Yeah the Cards have thrown in the towel. Honestly I'd turn this game off because it's not even remotely competitive but I want to see the Nats and the fans celebrate punching their ticket to the WS. Guess I'll play my switch a bit with this in the background.

You could watch the gaffe factory that is the DNC debate :messenger_grinning_sweat:

crazy that all the nationals had to do to go to the world series was get rid off fraud bryce harper

To quote myself in the OP of this thread under the Nationals writeup

"Free of the clubhouse cancer that is Bryce Harper, the Nationals have come together as a team in a glorious fashion this season."

Would not be surprised in the least if his tantrums and selfishness held the team back for the past 7 years.

3dhzx1.jpg

Texas Pride

Banned
4 games in 4 days if it goes 7. If the Wankees think they can bullpen that schedule and win this series I certainly doubt it. Starting pitching owns October there are no shortcuts.

Last edited:
4 games in 4 days if it goes 7. If the Wankees think they can bullpen that schedule and win this series I certainly doubt it. Starting pitching owns October there are no shortcuts.

The postponed game definitely threw a wrench in the bullpen plan. Also not only is it 4 games in a row, but there's also the travel day to Houston if it goes to 6.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, bullpenning is stupid. Teaching your starters to go 5 instead of striving to go the distance is dumb. Even an ace will throw a bad game or two during the course of the season because of the nature of the sport. If you want to bring in 5-6 pitchers every game and hope that each of them plays flawlessly that's going to bite you in the ass.

Texas Pride

Banned
The postponed game definitely threw a wrench in the bullpen plan. Also not only is it 4 games in a row, but there's also the travel day to Houston if it goes to 6.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, bullpenning is stupid. Teaching your starters to go 5 instead of striving to go the distance is dumb. Even an ace will throw a bad game or two during the course of the season because of the nature of the sport. If you want to bring in 5-6 pitchers every game and hope that each of them plays flawlessly that's going to bite you in the ass.

Not trying to be a homer here but the way this series is going I think it favors the Astros. I think paying SP's who can't make it at least 5 is a failure of your GM's ability to build a team. Yanks aren't setup for how this series has turned. I'm ready for the conclusion.

Not trying to be a homer here but the way this series is going I think it favors the Astros. I think paying SP's who can't make it at least 5 is a failure of your GM's ability to build a team. Yanks aren't setup for how this series has turned. I'm ready for the conclusion.

I think most of us here thought the Astros would take it. Starting pitching with a good bullpen and a lineup that can string some hits together and go yard. They look like the complete package once again.

Texas Pride

Banned
Wind is playing hell with the ball in the air. Blowing 18 mph out of the stadium pre game. Greinke needs to get his shit squared away and nut up.

I'll give Gary Sanchez credit fo making big defensive improvements this season (from what I saw during the year on an occasional basis) but the Gary of old seems to be coming back in these crucial games.

Texas Pride

Banned
Fun fact for you.

Since the creation of the Wildcard, the Winner of the Wildcard has won the World Series 6 times

In that same time period, the Team with the best MLB record has also won the World series 6 times

Should be a good series but we have the experience. Astros aren't a NL team we're the gold standard of MLB.

What an awesome game last night. I had a feeling there was going to be a walkoff blast. Should be one hell of a world series!
Hey, we are just happy to be here

A season of overcoming low odds. On May 24th, we had a 3% chance of making the playoffs. Down 2 in the 8th less than 5% chance of winning, and won both elimination games to Brewers and Dodgers in that fashion.

Now we face low odds since teams sweeping in Pennant series are 1-9 winning the worlds series.

But regardless the season was a success. Won our first playoff elimination game, playoff series, and Pennant all this year.

Last edited:
You're gonna hate me because I can't pick winners but I'm going with the Nationals. My French Canadian roots insist on me cheering them on. I think a lot of Canada is rooting for them too.

GreatnessRD

Astros over Nationals 4-2 (The Curly Scrubble-U's put up one hell of a fight, though!)

But to be fair, I also could see the Nats gettin' scrappy and take it to 7 games in which I believe they'd win. The will to win would guide them.

Texas Pride

Banned
Astros in 5 or 6. Houston doesn't strike out a lot which is bad for Scherzer/Strasburg. Houston is a complete team with world series experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom