• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2020... again? : We'll do it live, F@#K IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I just can't take it anymore bros

PbrAVkQ.gif

Gott blows his third 9th inning lead in the past 4 days. Why the hell do I stay up on the east coast to watch this shit?

Oh, right. I'm a dumbass.

They are absolutely mashing right now. Abreu is downright scary how well he's been swinging it. I said it back in the offseason and I stand by it, the White Sox could easily slug their way to the top of the central. That division has some great baseball being played right now.

The Giants have won 6 straight. If Gott didn't blow those 3 games in a row, they'd be 17-13 right now. Bats are heating up and the starting pitching has looked good. Yastremski is breaking out in a big way, Joey Bart got called up and is hitting well (although we all know how quickly pitchers adapt so I wouldn't be surprised if they are rewriting some scouting reports). Brandon Belt and Brandon Crawford are both getting hot but have been streaky for the past few seasons, I'm hoping at least one of them can keep it up for the next month. Cueto, Cahill and Anderson have all looked sharp in their past few outings. I think Farhan is in the same position as he was last year, team is doing too well to completely sell off parts.

I don't know what it will be like being the team that wins the World Series this year. You will always be the team that won the WS in 2020* (60-game season, shortened due to Corvid).

Unless its the Yankees. Then it's "28 and counting" accompanied by "Yankees winning the WS is the only normal thing to happen in 2020" articles.

greyshark

I don't know what it will be like being the team that wins the World Series this year. You will always be the team that won the WS in 2020* (60-game season, shortened due to Corvid).

If the Sox somehow pull out a World Series this year I would not give less of a shit about an asterisk. 3 WS in 90 years and 5 playoff appearances in my lifetime, I'll take what I can get.

Was really happy to see Giolito break out last year, especially because I picked him up as a free agent in the fantasy league. Talent was always there with him, he just had to put it together

greyshark

Speaking of the fantasy league, one reason I’m sad we couldn’t do it this year is my strategy of picking up Super White Sox probably would have worked out.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I just want to say that the PS4 MLB.TV app is the biggest piece of shit on Earth. It crashes all the time, it makes me login and pretends like my password is invalid, it has constant pauses and stutters, what the fuck is so complicated about a streaming app?

I just want to say that the PS4 MLB.TV app is the biggest piece of shit on Earth. It crashes all the time, it makes me login and pretends like my password is invalid, it has constant pauses and stutters, what the fuck is so complicated about a streaming app?

The crazy part is each year they fuck it up. It takes them a few months to get it working and stable, then instead of doing the same thing next year they inexplicably update it and ruin the whole thing all over again.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Is it just me or is the level of play abominable this season? I'm talking about HPBs, shitty throws to first, bases loaded walks, terrible base running errors that my little league coach would have chewed me out for, outfielders who can't make a proper play to the ball or make a proper throw to prevent a run, do players and coaches just not give a shit about fundamentals anymore? Or am I just an out of touch boomer?

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the level of play abominable this season? I'm talking about HPBs, shitty throws to first, bases loaded walks, terrible base running errors that my little league coach would have chewed me out for, outfielders who can't make a proper play to the ball or make a proper throw to prevent a run, do players and coaches just not give a shit about fundamentals anymore? Or am I just an out of touch boomer?
Yes. Spring Training and the first 2-3 weeks of regular season is full of it.

That’s what these dudes are still playing

I remember saying this last year in the old thread. The game has become noticeably sloppier over the past few years and I do believe it has something to do with young players getting called up too early. Or the fundamentals just aren't being taught in the farm systems they way they used to. Or a combination of both. Either way I think this generation of baseball players have a much lower IQ of the game.

Just as predicted, the White Sox are the first team in the AL to clinch a playoff spot. Well done boys!

It's great to see the White Sox's playing so well. They've always been my AL team & they're my dad's favorite team. My old man knows most of the Cuban players in the bigs because he is part of the tv crew in Cuba that films the games. He met them when they used to play in the old country. He's actually a very good friend of Abreu's, I have a picture of them together somewhere on my phone.

GreatnessRD

Just came to say that the playoff seeding is retarded. Doesn't make sense to me that the Stros are the 6th seed over Toronto and Cleveland who both have better records than Houston. This is the part where my O's go on a trashcan beating tear and supplant the 8th seed for a sneaky under .500 playoff berth! LET'S FUCKING GO, BOYS!

The season is over boys, put a lid on it. The Marlins are in the playoffs and if history is anything to go by this World Series is ours. Thank you Jeter, I hated you before but I love you now!!!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Can't believe Jays made it.

A team full of no-name players, a good starter in Ryu, and the rest of the team is unpredictable. Tanner Roark is the worst pitcher ever. I saw him on TV a few weeks ago and he was blabbing how he is such a reliable pitcher and shit. Guy is junk. How an ass with a 7.00 ERA can say stuff like that with a straight face who knows.

Team scores a lot, a lets in a lot. A lot of weird 10-3 or 3-10 kinds of games.

Check out their schedule of scores. Wild scores. https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/tor

I even checked their team fielding % and it's near the bottom too.

Last edited:

MC Safety

Sucks the New York Mets were the New York Mess again.

The team needs a sea change from top to bottom. The new owner (if he's approved) not accepting incompetence will help. So will oversight for the agent-turned-GM. Sandy Alderson will be a good start, and maybe the Mess should fire Brodie Van Wagenen for his sweetheart deals and awful trades. I'd favor a clean slate, although all accounts are that the manager has done some good work with what he's been given.

The team also needs to stop trading away the future for a bleak present. It needs players playing positions they are comfortable with, and defensively suited for.

The temptation will be to buy a good team, and I understand why Mess fans would want this from the new owner. But I'd rather the team focus on ridding itself of all vestiges of Skeletorr Fred Wilpon and his dumb son's reign. Change the culture, perception, and philosophy for the Mess, and that will pay dividends.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Robbie Ray is terrible. He's going to blow it for the Jays right now.

(Just as a thought. Wild pitch, guys scores from third. Robbie Ray should among the last pitchers to put in. Guy had one lucky season. Junk pitcher)

Last edited:

greyshark

Great start for the White Sox - everything they could have hoped for. Got to close it out tomorrow, don’t want to see an elimination game against Oakland’s bullpen.

I wouldn’t really call it an easy win. The Marlins were held scoreless until a big 7th inning.

I wouldn’t mind if the team actually had a decent fan base. It’s one of the worst in baseball even when they were good.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good job Jays. A minor league team could have done better.

Bo Bichette is the most overrated Jay a the moment. They did a stat. With him in the line up the team is like 5 games under .500. With him not playing they are like 10 games over .500.

Last edited:

greyshark

Tough loss for the White Sox, but they had their chances in both games. Trying to win a bullpen game against the A's was just too tough a mountain to climb. Excited for the future, and nice to see the Sox actually being relevant again. Here's hoping they can fortify their rotation next season (please be healthy Kopech).

The Cubs are so inept. Theo needs to go. He sacrificed the franchise for a WS just like in Boston. It’s all because the man cannot draft pitching. They have too many of the same kind of mediocre hitters as well. Thank goodness they actually won in 2016. The team needs a rebuild from the top down.

Just as I predicted a couple of days ago, Sixto dominated the Cubs and our bullpen closed it out. Have fun fishing Cubbies. Go Marlins baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom