• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2020... again? : We'll do it live, F@#K IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome... I guess to maybe a MLB 2020 season.

No idea if we will play and have a World Series. Maybe they will cancel mid way thru.

Here is Christian Bale yelling at Commissioner Rob Manfred for doing such a poor job

Anyway The Washington Nationals are still reigning, defending, undisputed World Series Champions.

giphy.gif

Ok lets do this I guess

tumblr_ma81eq32Ev1ranhnao1_400.gif

Bale: Kick your fucking ass!

Manfred: Christian, Christian ...

Bale: I want you out of the fucking league you prick!

Manfred: Christian, I'm sorry.

Bale: No, don't just be sorry, think for one fucking second. What the fuck are you doing? Are you professional or not?

Manfred: Yes I am.

Bale: Do I fucking walk around and ...

Mike Rizzo: Christian, Christian ...

Bale: No, shut the fuck up Mike! Don't shut me up!

Mike Rizzo: I'm not shutting you up.

Bale: Am I going to walk around and rip your fucking season down, in the middle of a season? Then why the fuck are you walking right through AD DA DA DA DA like this in the background. What the fuck is it with you? What don't you fucking understand? You got any fucking idea about, hey, it's fucking distracting having somebody walking up behind Bryce in the middle of the fucking season? Give me a fucking answer! What don't you get about it?

Manfred: I was looking at the revenue.

Bale: Oh, good for you, and how was it? I hope it was fucking good, because it's useless now, isn't it? Fuck-sake man, you're amateur.

Bale: Torre, you got fucking something to say to this prick?

Joe Torre: I didn't see it happen.

Bale: Well, somebody should be fucking watching and keeping an eye on him.

Joe Torre: Fair enough.

Bale: It's the second time that he doesn't give a fuck about what is going on in Baseball. I'm trying to fucking do a season here, and I am going 'Why the fuck is Manfred walking in there? What is he doing there?' Do you understand my mind is not in the season if you're doing that?

Manfred: I absolutely apologize. I'm sorry, I did not mean anything by it.

Bale: Stay out of the fucking league man. For fuck-sake. Alright, let's go again.

Joe Torre: Let's just take a few months.

Bale: Let's not take a fucking few months, let's go again. You're unbelievable, you're un-fucking-believable. Number of times you're strolling and fucking around in Baseball. I've never had a Commissioner behave like this. You don't fucking understand what it's like working with Baseball, that's what that is. That's what that is man, I'm telling you. I'm not asking, I'm telling you. You wouldn't have done that otherwise.

Manfred: No, what it is, is looking at the revenue and making sure, that you are ...

Bale: I'm going to fucking kick your fucking ass if you don't shut up for a second! Alright?

Bale: You do it one more fucking time and I ain't watching this season if you're still hired. I'm fucking serious. You're a nice guy. You're a nice guy, but that don't fucking cut it when you're bullshitting and fucking around like this with Baseball. I ain't the one walking. Let's get Torre and put this back on and let's go again. Seriously man, you and me, we're fucking done professionally. Fucking ass.

Last edited:
*squints at OP*

I CANT READ IT THERE ARENT ANY WORDS ON IT. TO PLAY US OUT? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

Been a scorching hot summer thus far and the lack of baseball has made me extremely thirsty for some dongs/long balls.

GreatnessRD

Rob Manfred is an idiot. I also cannot believe they haven't taken away the universal blackout in this pandemic. This is why baseball will continue to be lagging behind the rest of the sports. Baseball is my #1 love, but I've never been so uninterested as I am now, lol. I guess when it actually starts I may get the interest back.

Now is my O's chance to sneak a chip out! Let's go, O's! LET'S FUCKIN' GO! ELIAS! GRAB THE TRASHCANS!!!!

Hearing the piped in crowd noise in empty stadiums is pretty wild. I guess that's how it's going to be though. Baseball's back, baby. Baseball's back.

It's weird as hell tbh, also I kinda hate that I can't hear the umps calls at home plate anymore because of it.

I also caught something weird during last nights broadcast with the Nats/Yankees where someone was talking to Buck and they were talking about a player testing positive and were like "Oh those were with the janky tests though, he tested negative with the saliva test which is more accurate"

I was like WTF, I haven't heard of a saliva test, and does this mean there's and could this reflect anything on the amount of positives in the U.S?

I'd rather have no crowd noise and just get the raw sounds of the game. Using crowd noise is like a laugh track on a sitcom, just doesn't feel right.

Giants got creamed the first two games and managed to win the next two to split the series in LA. Baseball is bizarre.

Everyone is kind of hitting the ground running here, the Giants just took longer to adjust than the Dodgers did. Nice to see them salvage the split though in a shortened 60 games season.

One of the broadcasters mentioned that 60 games happens to be the length of the NCAA season. That's neat to know, they are basically playing a college season this year.

Last edited:
Marlins cancel tonight's game after a covid outbreak.

Going to be real tough for the league to keep this season moving forward when situations like this arise. I doubt this will be the only game cancelled for the Marlins, they'll probably have to sit out a few more games or bring in all the minor leaguers with a clean bill of health. I'm guessing the Phillies might have to take some precautions as well since they just played 3 games against them.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Didn't the Marlins just finish some games with the Phillies? This could be a disaster and it's not even been a week.

Edit: Speaking of the Phillies

Last edited:
Happy to see the Twins collectively (and wow Cruz) still mashing. They're picking up right where things left off. If this season completes it will be a wild ride - and more about who gets hot quickly than about who is the best team over the long haul. Who the hell knows how this thing will play out. Nice to see some hardball though.

NickFire

Stupid Red Sox. Crush the O's in game 1. Give us hope that maybe a starting rotation with an ace who posted an almost 6 era last year won't be insurmountable. Then reality sets back in.

I actually take small comfort in knowing the season probably gets cancelled anyway.

Wow, they done fucked up. We haven't even finished a week of the season yet and someone caused an outbreak. Meanwhile in Europe they have restarted football (soccer) with few issues.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So weird to see empty stands, BUT the stadium still tries to create excitement by having tunes on the stadium speakers and when a home run is hit, they have a fake crowd cheering on speakers too.

I watched a Raptors scrimmage game played in some arena. It was like watching a college game or Olympics prelim match between two teams with zero fans in a small venue. It was weird.

It still amazes me the amount of time MLB had to get ready since they didn’t spend any real time negotiating with the MLBPA, and they still weren’t prepared.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I saw that the Phillies players and coaches tested negative, but considering COVID takes time to infect people that doesn't really mean much. Hopefully MLB does the right thing and quarantines them for 10 days like the NBA is doing. Otherwise they could be exacerbating their own outbreak.

I saw that the Phillies players and coaches tested negative, but considering COVID takes time to infect people that doesn't really mean much. Hopefully MLB does the right thing and quarantines them for 10 days like the NBA is doing. Otherwise they could be exacerbating their own outbreak.
Their weekend series vs the Reigning Defending Undisputed World Series Champions the Washington Nationals has been postponed

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
This was obviously a bad idea. We're in the middle of a pandemic in which the virus is caused by people expelling air from their lungs. So let's have a bunch of guys running around exerting themselves breathing out huge amounts of moisture on each other.

Even with 95 masks that is a recipe for disaster.

GreatnessRD

MLB giving out a longer suspension for throwing at the Astros than any of them got for unprecedented cheating is hilarious.

What an awful commissioner.
True to his word, Manfred bans Joe Kelly for throwing at his precious Astros.

I hope someone on the Dodgers throws at them again tonight. Fuck those little cunts and an even bigger fuck you to womanfred.
That's because Manfraud is a certified pussy. But onto more pressing news, the Orioles are in second place! World Series champions confirmed.

Cueto cruises through 7 innings. Giants up 7 to 2 vs the A's going into the ninth. It's 12:10, "oh boy, if all goes well this game will be under 2:30 hours, how I love a short game" I say to myself. Gott gives up 5 runs and a grand slam to tie the game. Fuck this deadbeat dad team making me think he's going to take me to the zoo only to not pick me up from mom's because he has a new girlfriend instead.

Cueto cruises through 7 innings. Giants up 7 to 2 vs the A's going into the ninth. It's 12:10, "oh boy, if all goes well this game will be under 2:30 hours, how I love a short game" I say to myself. Gott gives up 5 runs and a grand slam to tie the game. Fuck this deadbeat dad team making me think he's going to take me to the zoo only to not pick me up from mom's because he has a new girlfriend instead.
That shit was deep bro

greyshark

So what’s going to happen with the Cardinals? They’re like 10 games behind in games played and they’re not going to have time to make them up. Does MLB have a plan for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom