• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2019 |OT| Eat, Sleep, Baseball (Postseason not included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
APTOPIX_Royals_Twins_Baseball_53401-1-1024x682.jpg

All-time HR champs!

I now expect to us to get swept by the Yankees and probably they'll average 10 runs/game. If you are familiar with Twins/Yankees history in the post-season, you'll understand why. The sickening feeling in my stomach is already there.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cubs and Indians missing the playoffs. Two of the most over-rated playoff contending teams the last 5 years.

Astros are awesome though. Don't follow them, but I like how a HR bomber like George Springer with a usually crap batting avg is lead off hitter! His batting avg is ok at best for a leadoff hitter, don't get a ton of walks, only steals 5 bases per year, but he's leadoff? The strategy works.

Edit: Springer's batting avg is decent. Got him mixed up with Khris Davis.

Last edited:

greyshark

Good luck to any fans within this thread that still have their dog in the fight. Hope it's a great post-season. And I hope that the Yankees are no-hit in 3 straight and that after that humiliation the Twins collectively line up and piss all over monument park while laughing maniacally.

So+many+good+webms+on+this+post+i+was+pissing+_62d6e93c01b3f2b3d067d81a9702690b.gif

I'd like to thank JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered DeepEnigma DeepEnigma greyshark greyshark R Rock And Roll synchronicity synchronicity Ribi Ribi prag16 prag16 TrainedRage TrainedRage Thabass Thabass and anyone else I missed for playing in the NeoGAF Fantasy Baseball League

JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered finished 2nd behind the Super Nationals

Congrats on winning it all dude even though you're Commish and you undoubtedly cheated and hacked the system. Shark is lucky I was moving all weekend or I probably wouldn't have let him take all those starting pitchers. Great stuff everyone, let's do it again next year!

Now I'm going to watch yesterday's Giants game since I missed it.

Texas Pride

Banned
Cubs and Indians missing the playoffs. Two of the most over-rated playoff contending teams the last 5 years.

Astros are awesome though. Don't follow them, but I like how a HR bomber like George Springer with a usually crap batting avg is lead off hitter! His batting avg is ok at best for a leadoff hitter, don't get a ton of walks, only steals 5 bases per year, but he's leadoff? The strategy works.

Edit: Springer's batting avg is decent. Got him mixed up with Khris Davis.

Tales from your ass. LIAR!!

Managers are dropping like flies. In addition to Andy Green and Joe Maddon, the Pirates have fired Clint Hurdle and the Angels have fired Brad Ausmus after one season. Gabe Kapler and Mickey Callaway are probably still in the hot seat as well. There's going to be a few vacant managerial positions to be filled in the offseason, remember Bochy and Yost have also retired. That's 5 vacant positions as of right now.

Managers are dropping like flies. In addition to Andy Green and Joe Maddon, the Pirates have fired Clint Hurdle and the Angels have fired Brad Ausmus after one season. Gabe Kapler and Mickey Callaway are probably still in the hot seat as well. There's going to be a few vacant managerial positions to be filled in the offseason, remember Bochy and Yost have also retired. That's 5 vacant positions as of right now.
Whether or not Gabe stays or goes, that season is on the GM.

They didn't target Pitching during the offseason. And it was what bite them in the ass. Same as last season. After Nola they have no one. And bullpen is piss poor too.

Anyone expecting that roster to win just wasn't paying attention to how teams have been winning.

Whether or not Gabe stays or goes, that season is on the GM.

They didn't target Pitching during the offseason. And it was what bite them in the ass. Same as last season. After Nola they have no one. And bullpen is piss poor too.

Anyone expecting that roster to win just wasn't paying attention to how teams have been winning.

I agree on principle that pitching wins, but a quick scan across the league will show you a few teams (Twins, Brewers, arguably the Yanks) with suspect pitching that managed to hit their way into the post season. I do agree though, they needed to do a lot more with the rotation and bullpen instead of just signing Harper and trading for JT. Neither one of those guys would be able to bail out a shaky rotation night after night

I agree on principle that pitching wins, but a quick scan across the league will show you a few teams (Twins, Brewers, arguably the Yanks) with suspect pitching that managed to hit their way into the post season. I do agree though, they needed to do a lot more with the rotation and bullpen instead of just signing Harper and trading for JT. Neither one of those guys would be able to bail out a shaky rotation night after night
It’s funny because I live near Philly. Everyone around me is Phillies fans. And they would look at me dumbfounded when I told them the Phillies wouldn’t finish any higher than 3rd at best.

While I understand some teams did win with suspect pitching, the NL East is determined by pitching. That same Phillies team lost 14 of 19 to the Nationals. Pitching is the reason why.

Braves had good pitching and made additions in the bullpen at the trade deadline. Mets for all the problems they had, had good starting pitching.

But the difference between the Mets, Nats and Phillies is the Mets and Nats bullpen underperformed. No one could have know Diaz would fall apart, once one of the games best reliever. No one knew Rosenthal couldn’t throw strikes. No one could foresee Sipp unable to get lefties out.

Phillies bullpen (and starters 2-5) didn’t exactly underperform. They didn’t have recent past success to predict positive results for 2019. They performed exactly as they had in 2018.

MC Safety

This user has been removed from thread. We let a post slide with just an edit, and you not only acknowledge, but double down.

Sorry you were unable to use your words. Nothing is wrong with me.

This is what's wrong with you: I've corrected you multiple times, as you've been wrong about the New York Mess and about me and my motivations. Multiple times, sadly.

My last statement was edited, so I won't repeat it. But you attempting to "troll" me because I disagree with you is just more evidence of you being a sad fanatic and a crappy human being.

Meanwhile, my criticisms of the New York Mess stand:

1) The GM should not invest in a bleak present by trading away the future.
2) There should be more oversight for the GM given his tendency to give sweetheart deals to former clients.
3) Robinson Cano was a poor choice for a trade target.
4) The Wilpons are the worst sort of owners, and their presence and guiding philosophy is toxic.
5) The Mess are too old and too unathletic. They have too many out-of-position players. The team needs to address this.
7) They're still doing plenty of dumb stuff like threatening to beat up reporters.

Last edited:
As stated above, been moving last couple weeks so I've been inactive. Maybe I can throw together a quick and dirty OT for the playoffs tomorrow if no one else is up to it.

For now, my bracket which will be destroyed instantly.

Nats over Brews. Dodgers over Nats. Cards over Braves. Dodgers over Cards.

Rays over A's (poor Billy never catches a break). Astros over Rays. Twins over Yanks. Astros over Twins.

Astros over Dodgers one more time.

Get hype, game starts soon! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Congrats Nats.

What a finish.

Good luck against the Dodgers.

Not gonna lie, Brewers fucked the Rockies hard last post-season so I won’t shed tears for them. Also, go Strasburg. East County San Diego represent.

For now, my bracket...

Twins over Yanks.

Don't you tease me like that!

And congrats to the Nats! Playoff baseball can feel so unfair, but that's part of what makes it great. You play 162 games to earn yourself a chance to represent who you are in a single game or a very short series. It cannot adequately reflect who you are as a team, and yet you must live with the outcome. The baseball gods are indeed cruel!

Don't you tease me like that!

And congrats to the Nats! Playoff baseball can feel so unfair, but that's part of what makes it great. You play 162 games to earn yourself a chance to represent who you are in a single game or a very short series. It cannot adequately reflect who you are as a team, and yet you must live with the outcome. The baseball gods are indeed cruel!

Trust, they're gonna outslug the Yanks. Probably going to go 5 though and there's gonna be multiple heart attacks.

Thaedolus

Watching the A’s lose every playoff game they can advance in for 20 years (except once) is the source of 20 years of cynical depression for me probably

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LOL. I like how the side commentator half hr ago said something like the Rays have a $53 million payroll making the playoffs and the Red Sox have $250 million and missed.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Seeing how my team (cubs) are out of it. I will be rooting for Braves and then nationals.
Fuck the cardinals

Lol twins.

Yankees are making them lick white dog shit.

Don't feel bad for them. At this point they're so accustomed to it that it tastes like foie gras.

source.gif

The way they've played against the Yankees over the years, they ought to just tell them not to bother flying to Minnesota. "Don't worry sir, we wouldn't want to put you out or inconvenience you in any way by SHOWING UP AND PLAYING!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom