• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millions of Chinese lose access to ‘World of Warcraft’ and other hit games

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

“When I woke up, I still didn’t want to accept [it],” one user said on Weibo, China’s Twitter-like platform, on Tuesday. “I cried all night in my sleep because the game went offline. I dreamed that I was crying in the middle of the class.”

They announced this back in November, but didn't find another partner in time so... goodbye China.

Imtjnotu

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

Guess you could say, they won't survive this blizzard

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Blizzard losing that chinese money is a good start 🤪

MS and AKB in shambles right now. Love to see it!

Last edited:
I feel for the WoW addicts who got cut off of from their supply so abruptly, that must be harsh.

Other than that: goodbye NetEase, hello Tencent. No way this a not going to be picked up by another Chinese partner publisher.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
“When I woke up, I still didn’t want to accept [it],” one user said on Weibo, China’s Twitter-like platform, on Tuesday. “I cried all night in my sleep because the game went offline. I dreamed that I was crying in the middle of the class.”
Crying hard due to a video game gong offline. Wow. I wonder what their response would be if their family members died in a car accident.

On one hand it should be worse. Then again, I'm thinking with these kinds of addicts he'd probably be more sad at Warcraft.

Rykan

We can make fun of this, but this really sucks.

MMORPGs can become a very important aspect of your daily life, and losing something that you've poured an enormous amount of time and effort in so suddenly is very rough.

Top Bottom