• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News Clickbait Mike Ybarra's new job. Blizzard Entertainment?

Jigsaah

Jan 31, 2018
Clickbaity as fock...don't care. Apparently Mike Ybarra is joining Blizzard Entertainment! Let's hope he brings some good ol' Xbox good will to the company. Executive Vice President and General Manager.

Looks like he's excited. I hope everything goes well.

The Alien

Feb 10, 2018
Oh no!!! What shitty timing. If I have my Twitter dates right, Mike's got his work cut out for him:
  • October 9th...Mike tweets leaving Xbox (though I am sure a deal was in place a few days earlier).
  • October 10th....Blizzard releases statement punishing Hearthstone player who supported Hong Kong protest. Blizzard further expresses support for their almighty China overlords and drops to their knees forming the letter "O".
Anyways....I always liked Mike at XBox.
He seemed genuinely nice.
Best of luck.

Jigsaah

Jan 31, 2018
He was recently modded at RDX podcast because people kept making fake accounts and going in as if they were him. It'll be nice to see some insight from him if he has some freedom to speak about some things going on during his tenure at Xbox.

DigitalScrap

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2015
It'll be nice to see some insight from him if he has some freedom to speak about some things going on during his tenure at Xbox.

You likely won’t see anything like that until he has retired or left the industry I’d think (if ever).

angelic

Apr 18, 2013
Truly it must be tough to be paid in 7 figures to have an office near the engineers that actually make games.

• LOL
Reactions: CyberPanda