• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Morhaime teams up with industry veterans to launch Dreamhaven

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Dreamhaven announces its first two studios: Moonshot Games™ and Secret Door™

Irvine, CA – September 23, 2020 – Mike Morhaime, former CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment, and a host of industry veterans today announced Dreamhaven, their new game company based in Irvine, CA. Dreamhaven will create and publish original games for players around the world, and it has established its first two studios: Moonshot and Secret Door.

“I’m excited to team up with such talented people who care deeply about games and their communities,” said Dreamhaven CEO Mike Morhaime. “I’ve always believed in the power of games to bring people together regardless of backgrounds or boundaries. With Dreamhaven, we look forward to creating and sharing new experiences with players everywhere.”

The team at Dreamhaven came together around a common goal to empower creators, help bring their ideas to life, and create original gaming experiences that foster meaningful connections between players.

Ellery

Awesome. You can tell by his wording that Blizzard (after the acquisition from Activision) became corporate and lost all their passion. I have been saying it for years and you could genuinely feel it in their games that their lost their soul. Also the name is a big hint as well.

Great to hear that they are going go try it. It will be hard and it will take time, but I hope they can pull through. I will be looking forward to what they are making.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Excellent news! It's easier than ever for talent to go their own way. I think as acquisitions, layoffs, and industry shuffles continue to increase, veterans will just say "screw it" and go indie.

We're watching the ongoing rebirth of AA.

ZywyPL

Banned
That's basically Blizzard except without Blizzard's badge and Vivendi's oversight, that can end up pretty neat indeed.

Top Bottom