• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Migrating a PS4 Save to PS5 (Spider-Man, Avengers, Crash 4) Gives You Double Trophies

ManaByte

Gold Member
This happened to me with Spider-Man: Remastered but I didn't think to much of it...

Until I transferred my PS4 Avengers and Crash 4 saves to the PS5 tonight.

Both games unlocked PS5 versions of the PS4 trophies as both the PS4 and PS5 games have separate trophy lists.

This doesn't happen with Smart Delivery games on the XSX.

Until you realize - namely with Crash 4 - that if you want to enjoy all the benefits of the PS5 version, you can't send your save the other direction, meaning if you want BOTH the PS4 and PS5 trophies, you either play the PS5 version first, then repeat everything on the PS4 version, or play the PS4 version and move your save over to PS5 so you can pop the trophies for free. So it must be asked: why would they disincentivize playing the enhanced version and push you to play the inferior version for trophies (which is the primary reason you'd try to 106% Crash 4 anyway)?

Really wish somebody would have raised their hand in a company meeting and pointed this out....

Last edited:
Until you realize - namely with Crash 4 - that if you want to enjoy all the benefits of the PS5 version, you can't send your save the other direction, meaning if you want BOTH the PS4 and PS5 trophies, you either play the PS5 version first, then repeat everything on the PS4 version, or play the PS4 version and move your save over to PS5 so you can pop the trophies for free. So it must be asked: why would they disincentivize playing the enhanced version and push you to play the inferior version for trophies (which is the primary reason you'd try to 106% Crash 4 anyway)?

Really wish somebody would have raised their hand in a company meeting and pointed this out....
If I get trophies on the PS5 version of Hitman 3, then load the PS4 version, it automatically pops every single trophy I got in the PS5 version.

Not sure if that is a Hitman 3 only quirk or it happens for every game.

Top Bottom