• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell |OT| All Things Paranormal... Wanna Take a Ride?

Yka

Well, at least he isn't retiring again because that wouldn't shock anyone. ;)

Art's new public Facebook page

The plot thickens...
There will be some that will hate me for this and for that I am sorry.

Art

big_announcement_20150921_zpsbkvywdga.jpg

Narag

I figure it's some sort of format change be it more ads due to get on more terrestrial stations or a host to fill in so he doesn't have to be up all night every night. I can't imagine ti'll be too crazy as I think he just set up that page. Of course, this was the perfect way to drive traffic to it.

Blizzard

Banned
Guest hosts would be one thing, though that's what the classic Coast to Coast had, and what brought in George Noory etc. eventually, I think?

octobot

Could it be a time change? Perhaps he is going to start earlier? That or going to a more radio favorable format are my guesses. As long as he still does his shows I will be happy (or has guest hosts etc)

I think he's been picked up by some big terrestrial station provider, and as such will have to put in more ad time, hence the "some people will hate me" comment. I read elsewhere that he made an additional facebook comment saying that it would be a good idea to become a Time Traveler (the subscription service) in relation to this announcement, and I think this is hinting at the fact that past show recordings have the advertisements edited out.

Yka

Art just posted the announcement...
It has been a great two months start but now it's time to get serious.

Starting Oct 1st Midnight in the Desert will send an XDS feed by satellite to almost 4000 radio stations in stereo, which means all they have to do is flip a switch and we are on.

Now that we are taking this step, we need your help.

Please call your local station manager or program director, tell them you would like Midnight in the Desert on their station and that we are now starting Oct 1st on XDS.

Share this with everyone! It's time to take back the night.

Art Bell

Art also has a new YouTube channel. Short show clips and some longer interviews like the full Joe Rogan interview.

Teknoman

Definitely subscribing to that. Dunno if I could get my local am to get it since they already have ground zero and c2c.

Hey what's a good podcast like Mysterious Universe or an Art Bell thing but doesn't cost me any money? Tried listening to Lore but it didn't do anything for me.

Yka

Tonight's topic is near-death experience. Art's guest is NDE researcher Jeffrey Long.

Sounds like there have been some good shows lately. I subscribed but haven't listened in awhile. I need to catch up.

Oh yes, I would definitely recommend the Mike "Madman" Marcum (listen to the old interviews first), David Paulides and David Weatherly interviews.

Hey what's a good podcast like Mysterious Universe or an Art Bell thing but doesn't cost me any money?

Check out the OP. Scroll down and you will find links to over 20 radio shows and podcasts. Some recommendations...

Radio shows | Mon-Thu/Fri 7PM-10PM PT / 10PM-1AM ET

Fade to Black with Jimmy Church | YouTube show archive (video to mp3 converter)

Darkness Radio with Dave Schrader | Podbay show archive

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis | SoundCloud show archive

Podcasts

The Unexplained with Howard Hughes

David Paulides | Interview 1 | Interview 2 | Interview 3

The Higherside Chats with Greg Carlwood

David Paulides | Interview 1

Where Did The Road Go with Seriah Azkath

David Paulides | Interview 1 | Interview 2 - Part 1 and Part 2 | Movie Kickstarter interview | Interview 3 - Part 1 and Part 2

David Weatherly | Interview 1 | Interview 2

Why would people hate him for that? Unless getting on more radio stations means more ads.

Yeah, that could be it. He will probably share more info at the beginning of tonight's show...

Yka

Looking forward to tonight's show! Art's guest is alien abduction researcher David Jacobs. Should be a great show!

Jacobs' new book is Walking Among Us: The Alien Plan to Control Humanity. Audiobook version on Audible.com.

EDIT #1: Jacobs was George Noory's guest on Coast to Coast AM last night. C2CAM producers are probably not too happy right now...

EDIT #2: Great show just as expected! Abductions, human-alien hybrids, alien invasion... Oh my!

Art Bell discusses human-alien hybrids with professor David Jacobs on Midnight in the Desert (4:00)

walking_among_us_collage_zpsz5lo6wht.jpg

Narag

UPDATE

We are having Internet troubles, the
Company is sending a small army out
here to try and work it out. We may or may not be able to get a live show on tonight. This is at least as frustrating for me as I know it is for you. If it can not be fixed today we will still have a show on but it will be a repeat. We are very concerned about the quality of our product. I will keep you all informed here on the status.

Art

https://www.facebook.com/ArtBellCom/posts/982321705163999

Yka

Art had some audio/internet problems yesterday but now it's fixed. A bad wire...

Tune in tonight for the always entertaining unscreened open lines! Special "I'm losing my mind" line for callers.

But if you are not the biggest fan of open lines, there are also other good options tonight...

Coast to Coast AM with Jimmy Church | 10PM-12AM PT / 1AM-3AM ET | Live stream on TuneIn
Guest host Jimmy Church welcomes historian and researcher, Richard Dolan for a discussion on the increasingly hostile climate for whistle blowers and the role disclosure will play in the future of the United States as well as updates on UFOs in Russia and China. Dolan's latest book is UFOs for the 21st Century Mind: A Fresh Guide to an Ancient Mystery.

Other Side of Midnight with Richard C. Hoagland | 12AM-2AM PT / 3AM-5AM ET | Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network & TuneIn
Tonight we have a round table discussion analyzing the new photos of Pluto that have been released. Featuring Keith Laney, Andrew Currie, Will Farrar and Robert Harrison.

Show info and pictures

Richard has a new YouTube channel. One full show currently available: Ceres and Pluto special 9.12.2015 | Show info and pictures

ceres_bright_spot_text_zpsnbb1dtks.jpg
ceres_bright_spot_animated_zpsumhvmq6m.gif
ceres_bright_spot_small_zpskreshrt9.jpg

Yka

7.24.2015 Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell, open lines night...
Art, are you gonna have a weekend host? We would love to see you bring George Knapp aboard...
Well, we are gonna have weekend shows... Now you know where George is, right? And George, you know has a really big job with Channel 8 in Las Vegas and he really can't do any more. So I think the odds are pretty much against it much as... even... I love George Knapp... Well, love is a strong word. I respect George Knapp and I would love to have him here. So George, if you are listening and you wanna come. Invite is open buddy!

George Knapp weekend on Coast to Coast AM! Facebook | @g_knapp | Area 51 presentation on YouTube

Coast to Coast AM with George Knapp | Paranormal events & Whitey Bulger | Sat 10PM-2AM PT / Sun 1AM-5AM ET | Live stream on TuneIn

Coast to Coast AM with George Knapp | UFOs as psi phenomena & UFO files | Sun 10PM-2AM PT / Mon 1AM-5AM ET | Live stream on TuneIn

EDIT: 9.27.2015 Don't miss the supermoon lunar eclipse tonight! The greatest eclipse takes place at 7:47 PM PT / 10:47 PM ET

moon_eclipse_small_zpsrk8qyome.jpg

Other folks should join Bellgab! There's a Steam group for MITD too, I believe it is MITD51 or something? Just add me on Steam (INDIGO_CYCLOPS) and look through my groups if you can't find it.

Super conspiracy theory radio is on. Talking about super chemtrails now. Was talking about as asteroid out there going to hit Atlantic Ocean and wipe out Cuba and Puerto Rico.

Yka

Strange and spooky Men in Black stories tonight! Art's guest is author Nick Redfern who has written a lot about the alleged MIB encounters.

men_in_black_collage_zpseuvqqyy0.jpg

Super thanks for the bump, Nate! ;)

Jon Armdog

That's pretty exciting about having a weekend show. I'm a big fan of Art Bell, but the show is on too late for me to not be a zombie at work.

Is George Knapp any good as a host? I wonder what is style is compared to Art. Hopefully he's nothing like George Noory. I'm not a fan of Noory - he's too stereotypically political. I want to hear about aliens and time travel, not about Obama is a Nazi, or is going to become emperor or some shit.

Talonz

That's pretty exciting about having a weekend show. I'm a big fan of Art Bell, but the show is on too late for me to not be a zombie at work.

Is George Knapp any good as a host? I wonder what is style is compared to Art. Hopefully he's nothing like George Noory. I'm not a fan of Noory - he's too stereotypically political. I want to hear about aliens and time travel, not about Obama is a Nazi, or is going to become emperor or some shit.

George Knapp is who should have replaced Art when he left C2C. He's an excellent host.

Yka

Friday night's unscreened open lines show starting soon! Special "I'm married to an alien" line for callers. Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network and TuneIn.

EDIT #1: So this is the last night we hear the Dark Matter News by Leo Ashcraft.

He's fighting with Keith Rowland who runs the Dark Matter Digital Network and he has also gotten a good offer from C2CAM producers...

EDIT #2: Had time to listen to the nuclear war episode. A very interesting science show!

Art Bell discusses nuclear war with Steven Starr on Midnight in the Desert (8:22)

nuclear_war_small_zpszdweqxkw.jpg
nuclear_war_earth_small_zpstca8deuw.jpg

Narag

EDIT: So this is the last night we hear the Dark Matter News by Leo Ashcraft.

He's fighting with Keith Rowland who runs the Dark Matter Digital Network and he has also gotten a good offer from C2CAM producers...

What could they possibly be fighting over?

Yka

What could they possibly be fighting over?

Leo's side of the story...
I’m sorry to say that Dark Matter News is on temporary hiatus. The program will return in radio syndication very soon. If you’re looking for someone to blame, it’s Keith Rowland. Three months of his hatefulness is all I could stand. So please pardon the interruption, we’ll be back on many more radio stations in better time slots soon. Tonight’s program is a rerun as was last night’s. This will be the final MITD Dark Matter News broadcast. I have made it clear to Art that I would gladly return but it's a Rowland or me situation.

Leo

Art already said that he will continue working with Keith so Leo must go...

EDIT #1: Some updates on the situation...
The truth is Leo made lots of money. The real deal was he got paid by the commercial's that ran in his newscast and it was a lot. On top of that he got 1% of total ad revenue which was about to be raised to 2% but he quit because he said he could not get along with Keith. After I told the exact truth at the start of the show last night he now hates me I see. The guy is in total meltdown mode. I feel sorry for him. As for the offer he said he got from Coast, that was told first to Amy because he wanted to take her along with him but she refused. He also told Heather about it both on the phone and in print (which she has) and finally he told me as well. I am still not sure if it was real or he just made it up as a bluff, either way it's bad. I was not going to say a word on the Friday show even as stressed out as I was about the situation but he started posting crazy stuff on his FB site asking people to email me or call in on open lines so I felt I had no choice as the messages started to roll in.

Art

Trust me when I say all I want is to do the show, I hate this crap but this time it is not Keith that was the problem it was Leo, he is in full meltdown. He sent me a email saying it's either Keith or me, well it's Keith. Yes, Keith can be abrupt with people but that was not the case here. Leo said Keith does nothing but have software for the subs and not much else and I should dump him in favor of some guy I have known a few months? Keith does A LOT. I don't know what has happened to Leo but after looking at his posts I am worried for him.

Art

EDIT #2: Amy Martin took over the news segment. She already wrote most of the news stories for Dark Matter News. The new news segment is called Dark Matter Network News.
Dark Matter Network News is a newscast played during Art Bell’s Midnight in the Desert radio program at the bottom of each hour, reported by Amy Martin.

Got a strange story? Have a news tip? Send it to amy@artbell.com and she may bring your story or tip to the air!

Yka

Time to tune in... Richard's Mars special!

Other Side of Midnight with Richard C. Hoagland | 12AM-3AM PT / 3AM-6AM ET | Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network & TuneIn
Author of ‘The Martian’ Andy Weir, joins Richard C. Hoagland on Other Side of Midnight.

This three hour Mars special will feature Will Farrar and Allan Sturm for the first two hours and Andy in the last hour.

Show info and pictures
the_martian_small_zpsujbjecqt.jpg

EDIT: First two hours on YouTube: Water and anomalies on Mars 10.3.2015

Blizzard

Banned
Tuesday night's show is Ronald Mallett who has a Ph.D. in physics and is talking about time travel (and maybe black holes and stuff).

Teknoman

These Periscope uploads are pretty good ways to catch up on missed Open Line nights, especially when you can see his reactions (didn't think an 8 yr old would call in).

Yka

Time to tune in... Fade to Black should be pretty entertaining tonight! Jimmy will discuss giants with Jim Vieira and Hugh Newman.

Fade to Black with Jimmy Church | Mon-Thu 7PM-10PM PT / 10PM-1AM ET | Live stream on Jimmy Church Radio & TuneIn

giants_book_zpsj1o4ypes.jpg

Later tonight Art will have a parapsychology show with Barry Taff and Richard will have a round table discussion on the Report from Iron Mountain.

EDIT #1: Jim Vieira's TEDx Talk (YouTube)

EDIT #2: 10.14.2015 Tonight Seth Shostak from SETI Institute is Jimmy's guest and Steven Greer from CSETI is Art's guest.

sirius_disclosure_zps2hcl5s36.jpg

Shostak thinks we should search for alien signals while Greer thinks aliens are already here and we should try to make a contact with them.

EDIT #3: Shostak got sick and he had to cancel the interview. He will be Jimmy's guest at a later date.

Top Bottom