• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell |OT| All Things Paranormal... Wanna Take a Ride?

Yka

Great week! Anyone ready for some open lines? Special "I have a superpower" line for callers. Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network and TuneIn.

EDIT #1: Excited for this... Countdown to Art Bell's Halloween show!
t1446264000z4.png

halloween_cat_small_wide_zpsnjkltp86.jpg

Three hours of spooky stories! Art is trying to find a good name for the Halloween show...

Coast to Coast AM Halloween show = Ghost to Ghost AM | Dark Matter Halloween show = Spooky Matter | Midnight in the Desert Halloween show = ?

Any good name suggestions for the Halloween show? Send the suggestions to artbell@knye.com

Have a great scary story to tell? Send it and your phone number to Art and he might call you during the Halloween show!

EDIT #2: 10.26.2015 The winning name suggestion is... Midnight in the Desert Halloween show = Dead Air

Yka

I'm still following the thread, I just keep not tuning in or not being around when the show is actually on.

Yeah, I have started to listen to more live shows but I still prefer to listen to podcasts when I feel like it. I would miss a lot of shows if I couldn't access the show archives.

Anyone else looking forward to Art's Halloween show? C2CAM's Halloween shows have been such a disappointment after Art's final Ghost to Ghost AM show in 2010.

Yka

Listened to the reality shifts episode today. A much better show than I expected! I hope Cynthia Larson comes back on the show soon.

"Luke/No, I am your father." line from Star Wars and the Berenstein/Berenstain Bears were mentioned. Berenstein thread on GAF.

darth_vader_reality_shift_zps7vnvjcny.jpg

"I experienced a timeline/reality shift" would be a fun special line for an open lines show! Maybe I should pitch it to Art...

EDIT #1: 10.19.2015 David Jacobs returns to talk about the abduction phenomenon and human-alien hybrids. He's a great guest!

Jacobs' new book is Walking Among Us: The Alien Plan to Control Humanity. Audiobook version on Audible.com.

EDIT #2: 10.19.2015 Internet problems... No live show tonight!

art_bell_internet_problem_zps3cqoakg5.jpg

EDIT #3: 10.20.2015 Tonight's alien invasion show was pure gold! I hope nobody missed it.

Yka

Here we go! The future starts now! Time travel is one of Art's favorite topics and he has interviewed many aspiring time travelers over the years.

If you are looking for a good time travel story, you should check out Art's interviews with Mike "Madman" Marcum. He built a time machine...

present_time_20151021_zpstuvdt4to.jpg

Tonight Art will talk about the effects of an EMP attack with his guest William Forstchen. Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network and TuneIn.

emp_attack_collage_zpsrynu14sk.jpg

EDIT: 10.22.2015 Shooting at Art's property during Wednesday night's show...

art_bell_shooting_zpsrpf85r8v.jpg

Yka

I have been waiting for this! Tonight Art's guest is astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson and they will talk about... whatever they wanna talk about!

This might be their first discussion with each other. The "alien megastructure" is probably one of the topics. A fun show guaranteed!

cosmos_small_zps6xgaqzuk.jpg

And tomorrow it's time for Art's classic Halloween show! This time it's called Art Bell's Dead Air. Three hours of spooky stories!

EDIT #1: Special "Neil deGrasse Tyson is a guest on Art Bell's show tonight" GAF thread for tonight's show!

EDIT #2: First hour of the show on YouTube... Art Bell interviews astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson on Midnight in the Desert (47:37)

Ozium

can't wait for the return of the true ghost to ghost, I don't care it's not called that anymore that's what it is to me, dammit!

Yka

can't wait for the return of the true ghost to ghost, I don't care it's not called that anymore that's what it is to me, dammit!

Right on, man! Somebody should call in tonight and say that on air. :)

Damn it. I will figure out how to get home soon enough tomorrow to listen to the Halloween show.

Hmm... is there a radio station that plays the show in your area or could you use TuneIn Radio app on your phone?

Yka

Time to tune in... Art Bell's Dead Air! Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network and TuneIn.

gloomy_manor_small_zps3gqzmo27.jpg

EDIT #1: So Art has a guest tonight. Not sure about this... but let's see how it goes!

EDIT #2: Disappointed with the guest... a bad phone line and some muffled EVP recordings. Start taking more calls, Art!

Yka

Yeah, this is definitely a new EVP focused Halloween show called Dead Air and not a classic Ghost to Ghost AM Halloween show.

I wonder why Art felt he needed to change the working formula. He already had an EVP show with this guest in August.

EDIT #1: Coast to Coast AM's Halloween show has started if someone wants to check it out... Live stream on TuneIn.

EDIT #2: 10.31.2015 Happy Halloween, everyone!

The muffled line is really annoying, I'm driving about for work on a night shift (6:30am here) and it's really hard to hear her with the road noise.

Plus they're obviously bullshit (not that I believe anyway but I like creeping myself out). That baby noise was so clear it was blatantly edited on top.

Yka

Time to tune in... Art's guest tonight is Linda Moulton Howe and they will talk about star KIC 8462852 and many other topics. Linda was on C2CAM last week...
Earthfiles investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe discussed a star that is emitting a light pattern which is stranger than any of the 150,000 stars studied by the Kepler Space Telescope in the past four years. The light pattern of a middle aged star called KIC 8462852, some 1,480 light-years from Earth suggests that some kind of complex matter structure is circling the star, causing intermittent brightening and dimming by "a mass of objects," according to Prof. Jason Wright, an astronomer at Penn State University. He told Linda that he and his colleagues are studying all possible natural explanations, and the exotic though unlikely possibility that it could be a "swarm of megastructures" built by an advanced alien civilization to harvest energy from the star. At the suggestion of the Penn State team, SETI started pointing their Green Bank radio telescope at the unusual star to check for signals. More here.

Linda's monthly appearance on C2CAM is nowadays the only George Noory show I listen to every month.

The only thing I kinda miss about this show is the lack of AM radio play. Not that the show's worse being internet only but it kinda misses that aesthetic and larger listener base, and I miss being able to listen to it driving around late at night.

I dunno why anybody would listen to Noory's piece of shit show with Bell back on the air so I'm hoping maybe Art will push for AM radio to carry his show?

CDX

The only thing I kinda miss about this show is the lack of AM radio play. Not that the show's worse being internet only but it kinda misses that aesthetic and larger listener base, and I miss being able to listen to it driving around late at night.

I dunno why anybody would listen to Noory's piece of shit show with Bell back on the air so I'm hoping maybe Art will push for AM radio to carry his show?

He's already on quite a few radio stations, here's the full list

http://artbell.com/radio-stations/

Especially right after he got the XDS satellite feed for his program, I've heard him several times ask listeners to contact their local stations and request they pick him up and broadcast the show.

Oh yea yka thanks for keeping me updated on the happenings of the show with pms and stuff I haven't been following the show as closely the past couple weeks so thanks for reminding me about the Halloween show I would've missed it otherwise.

Yes thank you Yka for keeping this going, it has reminded me more than once. As for tonight it couldn't hold my attention, the guest was all over the place with her story. Ghost messages, human sacrifices... monks... Guatemalans...

Yka

Open lines show tonight! Anything goes... Special "I know who I was in my previous life" line for callers (inspired by last night's past life regression show).

Who were you in your previous life? I'm a nature-loving vegetarian and I like to keep my hair long so maybe I was a hippie who died from overdose in '70s. ;)

EDIT #1: Art recommended science fiction drama movie I Origins. It has been on my movie watch list for some time now so I guess I have to check it out soon...

EDIT #2: What a great week! Topics were varied, guests were good and Art had a lot of fun with them. Art said that this is the best incarnation of his show and he might be right.

And thanks guys, quite a few people are following this thread so I'll keep this going as long as it stays fun and interesting (and there are other posters besides myself).

Yka

Could be an interesting show tonight... Art's guest is Warren Faidley who is a professional storm chaser. Hold on to your hats!

tornado_small_zpsgfylexl3.jpg

Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network and TuneIn. Or tune in to a radio station that plays Art's show in your area.

EDIT: 11.17.2015 More extreme occupations... Art's guest tonight is Jill Heinerth who is a professional cave diver. Time to dive in!

cave_diving_small_zpso1qpnsnv.jpg

What do you think of these kind of guests? I think they offer good variety to the show if they have a lot of interesting experiences to share (like Jill tonight).

I have been working on a guest suggestions list that I will send to Art's producer soon. Who would you like to hear on Art's show? What topics should Art cover on the show?

I would definitely like to hear more history and mythology shows. Topics like ancient Egypt, Big History, Atlantis, ancient sites around the world, etc.

Teknoman

I could definitely roll with more ancient history / society shows or maybe something focused on ancient structures / geoglyphs. Keep kicking myself for missing open lines.

I could definitely roll with more ancient history / society shows or maybe something focused on ancient structures / geoglyphs. Keep kicking myself for missing open lines.

This is what I need. Honestly, I've missed a lot of shows lately. Started a new job so I haven't been able to tune in.

Can't stay up late tonight and will have to download the show later on, but Michio Kaku should be an amazing guest.

I don't think I ever mentioned it, and don't mean to be a downer, but I didn't enjoy the format for the Halloween show. I'd rather listen to people's ghost stories for three hours, not jump back and forth to a bunch of EVP's (which are undoubtedly creepy) and try to guess what they're saying. I also think that show should start Halloween night, not the night before. Isn't that how it was usually done in the past?

Exis

I love love love Art Bell, but the new show is barely been in my rotation I check it every couple of weeks but end up eeeehhhing of the shows in the archive.

I listen to MU+, Radio Mysteriso and Last Podcast on the Left every week and and pretty much paying for the archive that I won't want the cost raised, with the hope that there is something interesting.

Yka

Long-awaited science show coming tonight... Art's guest is theoretical physicist Michio Kaku who is one of his favorite guests.

I thought that he would have been one of Art's first guests in July but better late than never. An interesting show guaranteed!

michio_kaku_small_zpsgdss40mm.jpg

Live stream on Dark Matter Digital Network and TuneIn. Or tune in to a radio station that plays Art's show in your area.

I don't think I ever mentioned it, and don't mean to be a downer, but I didn't enjoy the format for the Halloween show.

Yeah, I wasn't happy with the new format either. Looking forward to the page ten of this thread so I can forget that show. ;)

I listen to MU+, Radio Mysteriso and Last Podcast on the Left every week and and pretty much paying for the archive that I won't want the cost raised, with the hope that there is something interesting.

Well, thanks for keeping the show on air... Every subscription is important. I need to check out those last two podcasts you mentioned!

Yka

Art and Michio are taking calls now! If you ever call in, remember to give a shoutout to GAF!

Call-in number | 1-952-CALLART / 1-952-225-5278

Skype | North America - mitd51 | International - mitd55

Thanks for keeping this updated.

Hey, thanks for posting for the first time in this thread! That's what really keeps this thread alive and going. My updates just keep the thread on life support. ;)

Yawnier

Banned
Haven't listened to much of MITD yet.

But has Charlie the liberal from California called in to the show yet? Wonder what happened to him.

Yka

Can't stay up late tonight and will have to download the show later on, but Michio Kaku should be an amazing guest.

It was a great show! Actually it was even better than I thought it would be. Just as good as the last month's Neil deGrasse Tyson show.

I probably should have made a special thread for this show too so more gaffers would have heard it. Anyway, looking forward to hear more shows... Directly from Art and Michio! :)

michio_kaku_directly_small_zpsfjrtpyg5.jpg

But has Charlie the liberal from California called in to the show yet? Wonder what happened to him.

Probably not... I haven't heard about him before. Was he a caller in the '90s? Do you remember when you heard him the last time?

N4Us

Probably not... I haven't heard about him before. Was he a caller in the '90s? Do you remember when you heard him the last time?

Yeah, there's a couple 90s shows I remember him on. I *think* he called in on one of the freeform shows when Art mentioned a story about immigrants

Yawnier

Banned

Yeah he was a caller in the mid to late 90s. Called in to C2C during shows on the freemen militia, and when Art had shows on gun control and stuff. Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to him since another 90s caller (JC) called in to MITD recently lol.

The guy was a very interesting character. There might be some clips of him on youtube.

Yka

Open lines show starting soon! I wonder what the special line will be tonight...

art_bell_open_lines_zpssehqmzke.jpg

EDIT: Four special lines tonight! All numbers...

Call-in number | 1-952-CALLART / 1-952-225-5278

First time caller line | 1-775-285-5800

Special line | 1-575-208-7787 | A weird addiction line, I hate Art Bell line, soulless people line and shapeshifters line.

Skype | North America - mitd51 | International - mitd55

Yka

A guy calls in and says he is addicted to a Japanese idol... It's a shame he didn't give a shoutout to GAF! :D

EDIT: Another video game addict calls in! Michelle from Japan has a collection of 350 games and she prefers the games from '80s and '90s.

Yawnier

Banned
Hey at this guy talking about his addiction to 80s and 90s video games

I'm trying to call in but line is busy, god damnit.

Yka

I'm trying to call in but line is busy, god damnit.

Awesome, I hope you succeed! And congrats for the post #444. That's my lucky number!

EDIT #1: This shapeshifter guy is trying too hard...

EDIT #2: 11.30.2015 The 20th week of the show! Art's guest tonight is cryptozoologist Ken Gerhard and they will talk about the Mothman and other flying cryptids.

mothman_small_zpsaczpokpa.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
Fell asleep sometime in the last hour but last nights open lines were decent. Good combo of weird and drunk calls, haha.

Kaladin

Wait, what all was happening?

I haven't been listening for a while, and it's sad to see him go. I like having his show around as a reliable late night insomnia buddy.

Top Bottom