• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell |OT| All Things Paranormal... Wanna Take a Ride?

Yka

Updates on Art's condition on ArtBell.com and Art's Facebook profile.
Art is currently in a Las Vegas hospital for pneumonia and additional symptoms of C.O.P.D. He is awaiting the results of tests to determine what specific medication he should receive, while he does receive general antibiotics and pain relievers. Art is in substantial pain with this ailment, so please send him good thoughts and well wishes to recover from this.

Two interviews Art has given this year...

The GabCast - February 04, 2016 - Art Bell interview
Radio legend Art Bell appears on The GabCast for over two hours and we cover all the bases (including the events that made him quit hosting Midnight in the Desert radio show).

The Bell Philes - June 17, 2016 - Art Bell interview
Tonight we welcome Art Bell on The Bell Philes and we discuss the early days of radio as well as cover many of the topics that made Coast to Coast AM and Art’s other appearances so much fun.

I really hope he pulls through this and gets to play with his drone again (and maybe host some shows every once in a while). He also has a young daughter who needs a father.

Last edited:
Always heard of coast to coast but never listened. Any classic episodes that are worth a listen?

If you'd like to soil your pants, go on youtube and listen to some "Ghost to Ghost" episodes from the 90s. It is callers sharing their paranormal experiences and the stories are always amazing. Listen at night.

Edit: These are some classic clips. These are probably confirmed fake but are great to listen to and encapsulate what made the show so great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ASP3aKVj4

Yka

Good news! Heather said last night that Art is showing signs of improvement! They also posted this on ArtBell.com...
Art is now on the specific antibiotic medication he needs and some pain relief and reduction of symptoms are being observed. Hoping to get Art home soon.

Everyone following this thread should listen to The GabCast Art Bell interview. It's a great interview at least until they start taking calls and Richard C. Hoagland's stalker starts harassing them...

That u7radio streaming site also plays classic art episodes 24/7.

The Very Best of Art Bell - U7Radio.org (TuneIn)

Jon Armdog

Man, really sad to hear this. Art Bell doing his radio thing is some of the most entertaining radio I've had the pleasure of listening to (that, along with old Loveline with Dr. Drew and Adam Carolla). I really hope Art recovers.

So, is Heather Wade any good? I haven't listened to Midnight since Art left. One thing I really liked about Art's take on the show was that he had somewhat atypical political views (conservative some areas, liberal in others), and occasionally would even apply a questioning mind to callers and guests. Granted, he was willing to believe most of the time, but he did ask good questions.

Blizzard

Banned
Man, really sad to hear this. Art Bell doing his radio thing is some of the most entertaining radio I've had the pleasure of listening to (that, along with old Loveline with Dr. Drew and Adam Carolla). I really hope Art recovers.

So, is Heather Wade any good? I haven't listened to Midnight since Art left. One thing I really liked about Art's take on the show was that he had somewhat atypical political views (conservative some areas, liberal in others), and occasionally would even apply a questioning mind to callers and guests. Granted, he was willing to believe most of the time, but he did ask good questions.
I also listened to the old Loveline! That and Art Bell kept me awake many nights.

Yka

Great C2CAM show starting soon! George Knapp's guest is David Paulides and they will talk about strange disappearances of hunters.

Coast to Coast AM with George Knapp | 10PM-2AM PT / 1AM-5AM ET | Live stream on TuneIn
David Paulides joins George Knapp to discuss his new book in his blockbuster series about people that have disappeared in the national forests and elsewhere. "Missing 411 - Hunters" chronicles hunters who have vanished under very unusual but extremely similar conditions from four countries. The conversation will also cover the 59 geographical clusters of missing people in North America, along with an update on David's movie, "Missing 411".

Art interviewed Paulides last year on Midnight in the Desert. First hour of the show on YouTube...

Art Bell interviews David Paulides on Midnight in the Desert (46:59)

He said this about George Knapp last year before he came back on air...
If George Knapp was the full time host, I would not come back and just enjoy the show.

Art

Last edited:

Yka

Midnight in the Desert celebrated its one-year anniversary recently. Congrats to Heather for keeping the show on air!

So, is Heather Wade any good? I haven't listened to Midnight since Art left.

After Art left I didn't listen to any of these paranormal shows for several months and I really didn't give Heather a chance until recently. I have now listened to a couple of her interviews and they have been pretty good (Stanton Friedman, Whitley Strieber, David Weatherly, etc.). I guess from now on I'm going to listen to Midnight in the Desert when Heather has guests on the show that I find interesting. So pretty much the same I do with all the other paranormal shows like Coast to Coast AM, Fade to Black and Darkness Radio. And Art is still part of the show as its announcer!

Tomorrow Heather will appear on Coast to Coast AM to talk about how Art is doing and other things. Art hasn't said much about his health since he got back home from the hospital a month ago.
I am now home after five days in what must be one of the greatest hospitals in the world, St Rose. I am not in good shape, so weak I cannot dress myself. I want to publicly thank my wife Airyn who never left my side and helped every moment day and night and still is. I went through every test known to man. Had a hole punched in my lung, MRI, PET scans, X-rays, more blood tests then could be counted, was on morphine the whole time. Had so many IVs running it started to get hard to find a vein. If I make it I will have the best wife in the world to thank as well as the best hospital. Can’t really type more now but that is the current situation, more later.

Art, 7.7.2016

I am feeling a bit better. I am taking some very strong drugs that seem to be clearing my lungs. Not a fast process but going in the right direction at least.

Art, 7.11.2016

EDIT: 8.8.2016 Not much new info about Art from Heather. He has started to exercise and is getting in better shape but it's going to take some time for him to get fully recovered.

Last edited:

Hex

Banned
So is Art back again or is it Heather?
Had stopped listening due to a change in work schedule but now I am back on an odd schedule and was peeking at the Facebook side and it looks normal

So is Art back again or is it Heather?
Had stopped listening due to a change in work schedule but now I am back on an odd schedule and was peeking at the Facebook side and it looks normal

Far as I know it's still Heather, I doubt Art is ever coming back again for a regular show.

Top Bottom