• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mid year sale on NA PSN (finally,there is some good deals)

Assanova

So Final Fantasy XIV starter edition for PS4 is on sale right now, and I'm currently playing the free trial. I'm really liking it, but PSN won't let me buy the full game that is on sale right now?

What do?

I've actually been wondering this myself. What's the deal with games that won't let people buy them? They always say "Unavailable". It's not the same as games that I've already purchased.

kunonabi

Stumbled into some extra money so my final sale haul is:

[PS4]Samurai Warrior 4-II - been waiting forever for this to go on sale
[PS4]Natural Doctrine

[PS3]Short Peace: Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day

[PSTV]htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary/Yomawari: Night Alone
[PSTV]Jeanne d'Arc - first PSP game I ever wanted

Also added a month's subscription of PS Plus which already paid for itself.

Now I just need to figure out what to do about my lack of hard drive space.

So i've put about 8 hours into How to Survive 2 and its pretty great! Dead Nation, zombies fans look into the game

Its a bit of a lazy port - you have to use a mouse cursor to navigate menus (lol) but kind of part of the charm. It feels low budget, but the gameplay and depth all seems there.

Zombie diablo/marvel/rogue-like for $4 and the 4p Couch Coop is fun as hell (haven't tried online).

GA1rotP.png

Pretty happy about Mad Max. Have heard a lot of good things about it. And I'm really curious to see how the AoT game plays on my base PS4. Though I gotta admit, I probably wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't watch season 2 of the show recently.

Anyway, this was a good sale for me.

Had about $50 in store wallet, but only found 3 games after looking through:

Super Stardust™ Ultra
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Director's Cut
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

Capra

Disgaea 5 was just too good to pass up at $24. I put in $30 credit and I had just enough left to pick up Resogun as well. Both have been fantastic so far so I'm pretty satisfied.

whats anyones opinion on flame in the flood?

contemplating getting it

got a feeling some of these cheaper priced titles might hit igc soon so im wary of pulling the trigger.

Ocaso

I've seen people specifically denouncing this game but I feel as if it deserves another point of view: ADR1FT is totally worth its sale price and more. It's stunningly good looking (shockingly beautiful at times, in fact), enormously atmospheric, and has interesting navigation mechanics that totally add to the immersion. Sure, it's flawed, but I enjoyed it far more than I did Everybody's Gone to Rapture.

I've seen people specifically denouncing this game but I feel as if it deserves another point of view: ADR1FT is totally worth its sale price and more. It's stunningly good looking (shockingly beautiful at times, in fact), enormously atmospheric, and has interesting navigation mechanics that totally add to the immersion. Sure, it's flawed, but I enjoyed it far more than I did Everybody's Gone to Rapture.

How is the story, if any?

Ocaso

How is the story, if any?

I was thoroughly engaged by it. It is revealed tangentially (as is the norm in all these games, I've found) and I've read many criticizing how silent the protagonist is throughout, but I found piecing together just what led to the tragedy at the space station to be fairly rewarding.

Another thing I read in reviews is that it's way too easy to get lost. This is true to an extent, but this is a game that hopes you learn to read visual cues rather than telling you where to go. Does that debris trail look like it might lead somewhere important? It probably does. It's also true that following your hunches pays off more often than not.

blanco21

is it safe to assume there will never be a sale on ps classics again? it's been at least a year since i've seen a ps1 game mentioned in a sale

godisntheradio

Neo Member
How's mana khemia? it appears to be an atelier spin-off, i'm interested but a quick search told me the psp port is bad (for reasons i don't know).

Decided to buy Natural Doctrine ps4 since it had some hidden glowing praise by a few members amongst all the horrendous reviews it got. After maybe 5 hours into it, I can say that it definitely doesn't deserve all those bad reviews. The mechanics are complicated, but I think the tutorial actually does a good enough job of explaining it. I'm playing on the hardest available difficulty, and it isn't that bad, but you absolutely have to use all the mechanics to your advantage. I'm not far into the story, but I can kind of tell it's probably going to be a rather simple story of a band of explorers.

The gameplay is fun, and I definitely recommend it for any big fans of strategy RPGs. Especially for $8 ($6 with ps+). There just isn't enough good games of the genre out there.

dEvAnGeL

If you have a ps4PRO and a 4K tv you need to buy ratchet and clank, the game already looks great on 1080p tvs but my god, on a 4K tv this game is probably the best looking game on the system and it has some if not the best hdr on any game I've seen, even better than horizon i dare say.

Opa-Pa

Got Malicious Rebirth, Malicious Fallen, Giana Sisters and Shadow of the Beast. All great deals, but I'm quite surprised by MR so far, it's great.

Bahorel

Is little big planet 3 good enough for couch play?

looking for neogaf feedbacks.

Yes definitely. It's not as great as 2 but it's still really fun and I've had merriment with both 2 and 3 couch players in my personal experience. The one thing that's difficult is sharing a pool of lives and having to start over after someone continually fucks up but that's part of the fun I suppose

whats anyones opinion on flame in the flood?

contemplating getting it

got a feeling some of these cheaper priced titles might hit igc soon so im wary of pulling the trigger.
The campaign is a bit short (though there is an endless river mode), but I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is nice, and the music is great.

Paid full price for it a month ago, and have no regrets.

What time does this sale end today? Does this go to midnight or will it be replaced with a new list of sale games within the next couple of hours?

Top Bottom